Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Thanks
    Thanked 11,767 Times in 7,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    No, I don’t care what you do. But for all your theatrics and trying to demean others for their thoughts or opinions you’ve clearly demonstrated that it’s just over dramatization over an issue that you and others don’t really care about.

If it meant anything to you or others then we’d see action from the fans. Since that’s never going to happen because they don’t really care, the field situation is going to remain the same until the next CBA negotiations.

It’s just what it is. The entire debate is basically pointless.
    Oh please.

The one engaging in "theatrics' is YOU (and Gooby) with the stupid, silly and inane "If you're worried about safety, you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested."

YOU have been moaning for YEARS that "There is only one goal every year and that’s to win the Super Bowl, everything else is a failure." So, by your pathetic (lack of) logic, since the Bills are FAILURES every year....YOU should stop watching games.

Or...when one disagrees with a rule (let's say the enforcement of roughing the passer) they should shut up or stop watching the games?!?!?

Please...YOU stop the theatrics.

All I did support the players almost unanimous preference to play on grass fields (the subject of this thread)....which pretty much every major professional sport outside the US (like soccer) REQUIRES grass fields....and here in the US SEVERAL STADIUMS (including domes) are INSTALLING GRASS in order to have the FIFA World Cup played in their stadiums with solutions that are extremely viable and realistic with ways it CAN be done....and even a gave suggestions on how the NFLPA could negotiate the much needed change in 2030.

Well SUE ME for presented well thought our ideas, backed up by multiple sources and giving the idea serious consideration.

For all that TERRIBLE support of NFL players...I basically get 'If you don't like it...stop watching NFL football'

How pathetic!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    lol

No that's not why. How would the NFL even know if Noty and some other like minded fans were upset about this issue? Is he supposed to picket? Just nonsense.

The ones directly impacted by the surface of the fields is the players not the fans. And they have made their views as clear as day. The owners have chosen profits over player safety, it's undeniable, ridiculous and short sighted.
    Spot on Bill.

Of course, this is about the players. Who have made their preference extremely well known. And have brought up the issue with the owners, both by individual players speaking up, on the record, and the NFLPA making it an issue in public.

The fans have NOTHING to do with this. The whole idea of laying this responsibility on he fans (by what....boycotting games and not buying merch?!?!?) is STUPID beyond measure. The same warped mindset would be to suggest that people refuse to buy stuff that is shipped via UPS before the workers finally won the hard fought concession for AC in their trucks?!?!? Dumb!!!

The NFL is starting to take this issue seriously. They HAS to when the biggest stars in the league (and what makes NFL the cash cow it is) speak up, and it keeps on coming up time and time again.

The bottom line is that in order to get the NFL and owners to do what almost every NFL players prefers, which they know will keep them healthier and probably prolong their already short careers (it's not only about injuries...the day to day, game to game punishment that playing on turf presents takes it's toll) is the NFLPA to make it an issue in negotiations for the 2030 CBA.

I have suggested that owners would want something in return for that concession and the perfect chip the players can give them is something every owner wants....an 18th regular season game.

This is between the owners and the players...NOT the fans. It behooves the owners to listen to the ONLY reason they have franchises which are a virtual cash making machine...the payers. Without them, they have nothing,.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,974 Times in 3,514 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If you're worried about safety, you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested. Or advocate for it to become flag football. It's a violent game and injuries happen. How far do you want to take this?
    Grass is safer. And they need to improve the helmets. It shouldn't be a lot to ask. The league is PRINTING MONEY. It's just a discussion. You don't have to agree.

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Oh please.

The one engaging in "theatrics' is YOU (and Gooby) with the stupid, silly and inane "If you're worried about safety, you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested."

YOU have been moaning for YEARS that "There is only one goal every year and that’s to win the Super Bowl, everything else is a failure." So, by your pathetic (lack of) logic, since the Bills are FAILURES every year....YOU should stop watching games.

Or...when one disagrees with a rule (let's say the enforcement of roughing the passer) they should shut up or stop watching the games?!?!?

Please...YOU stop the theatrics.

All I did support the players almost unanimous preference to play on grass fields (the subject of this thread)....which pretty much every major professional sport outside the US (like soccer) REQUIRES grass fields....and here in the US SEVERAL STADIUMS (including domes) are INSTALLING GRASS in order to have the FIFA World Cup played in their stadiums with solutions that are extremely viable and realistic with ways it CAN be done....and even a gave suggestions on how the NFLPA could negotiate the much needed change in 2030.

Well SUE ME for presented well thought our ideas, backed up by multiple sources and giving the idea serious consideration.

For all that TERRIBLE support of NFL players...I basically get 'If you don't like it...stop watching NFL football'

How pathetic!!!
    All you’re doing is illustrating my point.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,118 Times in 3,591 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Grass is safer. And they need to improve the helmets. It shouldn't be a lot to ask. The league is PRINTING MONEY. It's just a discussion. You don't have to agree.
    The Bills are going to a heated grass field in the new stadium and for that I am happy because more players will put them on their list and the field won't be rock hard during the winter months. But the reality is that there's nothing we fans can do about it, but the players certainly can. And they should if they're so worried about their health. Maybe it means giving-up something in the next CBA, but that would be worthwhile, no?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,900 Times in 3,535 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just stop it. Your posts drip of whiny crying.

Funny (actually, not funny, but expected from you because you are very poor at debating or discussing arguments)...you are doing EXACTLY of what you falsely accuse me of doing.

If one does not "share my opinion" I state why, back up up with facts and evidence that rebut the opposing opinion, supported by credible sources.

Jesus. THAT'S WHAT IS DONE ON FORUMS.....at least by intelligent people that know how to debate an issue. You obviously don't.

It is VERY TELLING that the ONLY post you choose to **** out here, is NOT about the subject at hand, nor do you have ANYTHING of value to contribute toward discussing the subject of the thread...no....you come here to INSULT me and whine like a baby....dictating how EVERYONE should argue their opinion.

YOU are the "being your grumpy self".
    You’re arguing about grass. Case closed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All you’re doing is illustrating my point.
    No, I'm not. I'm illustrating perfectly that YOU are projecting.

I know I have won an argument hands down when the whining starts about how I post (dishonestly and childishly), not the content.

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    You’re arguing about grass. Case closed.
    Huh??? What in the world are you talking about???

Yeah...the "case (is) closed" that you are whining about childish stuff, and have NOTHING of substance or value to contribute on a very serious subject.....and instead seem to be all consumed on insulting me. How sad for YOU.

And, no, I am not "arguing about grass" I am arguing about the safety of players and their almost unanimous preference to play on grass surfaces that does, in fact, effect their careers and longevity along with the in-season performance issues.

It is a HUGE issue in the NFL. Are you not paying attention???? Or do you care that little about players health and safety that you keep your head buried in the sand of ignorance

Any and every Bills fan should be intelligent enough to comprehend the seriousness of this issue since the past two years we have lost some of our best and most critical players to severe injures on turf. Tre' White TWICE.

Contrast the backwards NFL with virtually every other major sport in the world that already either mandates or does play on grass.

So much so that several US stadiums, many of which are domes, WILL INSTALL GRASS FIELDS so they can host the FIFA 2026 World Cup.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Duh??? Of course YOU get it.

Helmet improvements are an ongoing effort and I have read reports that tons of money is going into that effort.

There was a very relevant article today in ESPN that chronicles another critical issue....the inconsistency of NFL playing surfaces that plaques BOTH grass and turf. So much so that the NFL is testing a machine that can measure various element of playing surfaces as it relates to the "stickiness" of that surface.

"Stickiness" is THE most critical negatives of turf surfaces and what not only cause non-contact injuries, but also the day-to-day wear and tear on player's bodies.

How collecting data on playing surfaces could lead to consistency across the NFL

WHEN QUARTERBACK AARON Rodgers suffered a season-ending left Achilles injury on the first drive of his New York Jets career, the yearslong debate over playing surfaces began anew.

Before the severity of Rodgers' injury had been confirmed, calls for natural grass fields rang out across the NFL. The grass vs. turf debate continued to take center stage throughout the 2023 season as star players suffered noncontact injuries.

MetLife Stadium, the site of Rodgers' injury, had received so much criticism in the seasons leading up to his Jets debut that new turf had been installed before the 2023 offseason -- to which Rodgers gave his approval.

Perhaps more than the surface composition itself, the lack of consistency from one field to the next is often the most frustrating aspect of the debate for players. The NFL acknowledges that, as of now, there are potentially too many different types of surfaces, both synthetic and natural grass.

"If you're not going to mandate grass, then why aren't all turf fields the exact same turf so guys get used to playing on the same turf everywhere?" San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle asked.

"Every field has a different turf, so it's just like you're playing on a different surface. NBA guys don't play on different wood. Hockey guys don't play on different ices all the time ... So, I just wish we played on a surface that was similar week in and week out."

While several studies have been published comparing injury rates on various synthetic versus grass surfaces, thus far there has not been a means of onsite testing of individual field surfaces through a biomechanical engineering lens.

Enter: the BEAST.

During the 2023 season, the NFL and NFLPA launched a pilot program involving a mobile machine that traveled to multiple stadiums to test various surfaces under a range of conditions, the first such testing ever done. Additionally, four stadiums -- MetLife in New Jersey, Ford Field in Detroit, Mercedes-Benz in Atlanta and AT&T Stadium in Dallas -- had a mobile unit housed at their facilities.

The aggregated 2023 data is being analyzed now. The NFL/NFLPA Engineering and Joint Field Surfaces Committees will meet to discuss early findings this offseason, and those parties will continue the dialogue as data collection continues. The plan is to formally present their analytics to the league and the players association after another year of data collection, sooner if there is a dramatic discovery worthy of immediate attention.

"If you had fewer, instead of 30 surfaces that all play differently, you had two, or three, or five surfaces ... [Players] are going to know what their bodies, their joints and muscles, could expect when they're participating on a surface," said Jeff Miller, NFL executive vice president of communications, policy and health and safety. "And therefore they would probably be less unhappy moving from surface to surface."

While local variations, including the environment, prohibit a single surface that will be suitable for all 30 NFL stadiums, the NFL and NFLPA hope the BEAST can provide recommended practices and better standardization across the league.

"We want to set the safety and performance goal," said Dr. Kristy Arbogast, a member of the joint NFL/NFLPA Engineering Committee who has worked with the NFLPA on injury prevention topics for the last decade, "and then hold all fields, whatever they're made of, to that target."

Much more…

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, I'm not. I'm illustrating perfectly that YOU are projecting.

I know I have won an argument hands down when the whining starts about how I post (dishonestly and childishly), not the content.

Huh??? What in the world are you talking about???

Yeah...the "case (is) closed" that you are whining about childish stuff, and have NOTHING of substance or value to contribute on a very serious subject.....and instead seem to be all consumed on insulting me. How sad for YOU.

And, no, I am not "arguing about grass" I am arguing about the safety of players and their almost unanimous preference to play on grass surfaces that does, in fact, effect their careers and longevity along with the in-season performance issues.

It is a HUGE issue in the NFL. Are you not paying attention???? Or do you care that little about players health and safety that you keep your head buried in the sand of ignorance

Any and every Bills fan should be intelligent enough to comprehend the seriousness of this issue since the past two years we have lost some of our best and most critical players to severe injures on turf. Tre' White TWICE.

Contrast the backwards NFL with virtually every other major sport in the world that already either mandates or does play on grass.

So much so that several US stadiums, many of which are domes, WILL INSTALL GRASS FIELDS so they can host the FIFA 2026 World Cup.
    The fact that you have convinced yourself that there is an argument to win speaks volumes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fact that you have convinced yourself that there is an argument to win speaks volumes.
    What in the world are you talking about???? Uhhhhh.....have you not been paying attention????

EVERYTHING here becomes an "argument". This subject is no different.

The "argument" that I did "win" is refuting (with facts and evidence backed up by credible sources) the vociferous push back to my common sense suggestions and presenting of facts backed up by multiple sources and reasonable premises.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills are going to a heated grass field in the new stadium and for that I am happy because more players will put them on their list and the field won't be rock hard during the winter months. But the reality is that there's nothing we fans can do about it, but the players certainly can. And they should if they're so worried about their health. Maybe it means giving-up something in the next CBA, but that would be worthwhile, no?
    Sure it would. And you're right it is a players issue, please explain this to intentionally obtuse Draftboy. But the fact that owners have to be bribed to do the right thing is pretty nuts when they all have printing presses for greenbacks in their basements.

13. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-07-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What in the world are you talking about???? Uhhhhh.....have you not been paying attention????

EVERYTHING here becomes an "argument". This subject is no different.

The "argument" that I did "win" is refuting (with facts and evidence backed up by credible sources) the vociferous push back to my common sense suggestions and presenting of facts backed up by multiple sources and reasonable premises.
    Again you’re only illustrating my original point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure it would. And you're right it is a players issue, please explain this to intentionally obtuse Draftboy. But the fact that owners have to be bribed to do the right thing is pretty nuts when they all have printing presses for greenbacks in their basements.
    It’s always somebody else’s problem, never our problem. Where do you draw the line?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would think that with what they pay players, doing anything they can to try and reduce player injuries and thus money lost would be incentive enough.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It’s always somebody else’s problem, never our problem. Where do you draw the line?
    With common sense. Try it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think that with what they pay players, doing anything they can to try and reduce player injuries and thus money lost would be incentive enough.
    agree

18. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-07-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

With common sense. Try it.
    If it’s common sense then just explain where the line is. You are the market, we don’t disagree on that, so when do you actually choose to wield that power v sit on your hands?

For the record the you in the question is plural, not specifically an allegation or accusation about you individually or personally.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If it’s common sense then just explain where the line is. You are the market, we don’t disagree on that, so when do you actually choose to wield that power v sit on your hands?

For the record the you in the question is plural, not specifically an allegation or accusation about you individually or personally.
    The common sense part is that no individual fan has ANY power. You could be furious about the league doing x,y or z and it simply doesn't make any difference unless you have millions and millions of others that agree and feel very strongly about it, whatever IT might be. With something like the NFL that would take something so drastic it's hard to even think of an example. Maybe an official corruption scandal? Advising people to not watch is pointless.

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-07-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again you’re only illustrating my original point.
    What "original point"???

Lamely blaming the FANS (so obtuse and silly) for the NFL not requiring grass fields???? Or, the even more inane and incredibly ludicrous, as Gooby observed "you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested"

Please. Stop with the the drama. It's dumb.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Have you not been paying attention to how billionaire think and act??? Especially your favorite one.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Have you not been paying attention to how billionaire think and act??? Especially your favorite one.
    My favorite billionaire is putting in a grass field for the players.

25. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-07-2024)