Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

Thanks
    Thanked 4,360 Times in 2,088 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

1) Allen was clearly the best QB the chiefs faced on thier path to the championship; in fact as I pointed out before JA had about as close to a perfect game as you could ask from a QB in that division round loss. We need JA to be beyond perfect to beat KC because our defense was deadweight out there. Its been deadweight against the chiefs for years. Does anyone at all forget how we lost 13 seconds? that wasn't on JA. how about the loss in the AFC championship the year prior? Our whole WR corps was injured and the chiefs got home cooking from the refs, sure but the reality was our defence wasn't getting any stops against Mahomes in that game either. The problem isn't allen no matter how much you whinge about how he missed diggs underneath. seriously. 70 offensive plays and you all act like that was why we lost. It wasn't. Bass missed a makeable fg, and our defense couldn't stop the chiefs at all.

2) the Ravens and 49ers forced more punts then I've seen the bills force Mahomes into in the last 4 or 5 games combined we played the chiefs. If your takeaway from this year is anything other then it's that our defense isn't close to good enough . Like, not even in the league of a Superbowl winning squad/system. If JA had that type of support we'd of owned the chiefs for YEARS, and been the team rolling into the superbowl.

3) Mahomes wasn't close to perfect this superbowl. He made a number of mistakes that we get on JA's back for all the time around here. In fact he played about as uninspired a game as i've seen from him till maybe 2 minutes left in the game. Think about that. Imagine had JA played a 58minute **** fest at any point in time in the past 7 games. not only wouldn't we have won the game, but we get blown out. That superbowl was 100% on the chiefs defense for allowing Mahomes to sleep through the first 58 minutes of the game.

4) the 49ers for all their "great" coaches put up one hell of an awful gameplan for the offense. No effort to get CMC or Deebo the ball in space beyond that one TD on the throwback. Christ watching the 49ers waste Deebo and CMC like that all game had me sick to my stomach. Their coaching staff came up really short in the most important game of the season. This place would be going nuts if we got a performance like that from our offense. I mean look at how nuts this place is after JA missed diggs underneath on one play. **** off.

grow the **** up. it's football not a video game. The other team wants to win too. The reality is our defense isn't good enough. and I don't accept injuries as an excuse for that. Milano hasn't made it through a full season... ever, and it's been 4 years since we got a healthy season out of White. That's more then enough evidence you can't count on either to be available all season, yet our team is build around both of them. I could probably toss Hyde and Oliver on this pile of unreliably healthy defenders, in fact Oliver's breakout season probably would have happened in '22 had he not been hurt most ot the year, like usual.

At some point we have to acknowledge we have injury prone "stars" on the defense and move on. We also have to acknowledge that the defensive system we run probably isn't gonna beat mahomes. The Bengals proved they could beat the Chiefs when healthy. Gotta start asking questions about this at some point.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

2. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Cntrygal (02-27-2024),Gibby 2.0 (02-12-2024),Goobylal (02-13-2024),jamze132 (02-12-2024),kgun12 (02-12-2024),Lone Stranger (02-14-2024),Mad Bomber (03-02-2024),MikeInRoch (02-19-2024),Saratoga Slim (02-12-2024),Skooby (02-21-2024),Thurmal (02-14-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,618 Times in 17,485 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    . **** off.

grow the **** up. it's football not a video game.
    LOL.

C'mon Ingtar...seriously?

The very reason these forums exist is to discuss the football team, and different people are going to have different opinions, perceptions and observations. And 'growing up' pretty much means being able to participate in those discussions without attacking others, ridiculing others, and trying to draw them into a personal pissing match. Which has mostly been the case in the main forum.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-13-2024),Novacane (02-12-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,405 Times in 3,872 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    1) Allen was clearly the best QB the chiefs faced on thier path to the championship; in fact as I pointed out before JA had about as close to a perfect game as you could ask from a QB in that division round loss. We need JA to be beyond perfect to beat KC because our defense was deadweight out there. Its been deadweight against the chiefs for years. Does anyone at all forget how we lost 13 seconds? that wasn't on JA. how about the loss in the AFC championship the year prior? Our whole WR corps was injured and the chiefs got home cooking from the refs, sure but the reality was our defence wasn't getting any stops against Mahomes in that game either. The problem isn't allen no matter how much you whinge about how he missed diggs underneath. seriously. 70 offensive plays and you all act like that was why we lost. It wasn't. Bass missed a makeable fg, and our defense couldn't stop the chiefs at all.

2) the Ravens and 49ers forced more punts then I've seen the bills force Mahomes into in the last 4 or 5 games combined we played the chiefs. If your takeaway from this year is anything other then it's that our defense isn't close to good enough . Like, not even in the league of a Superbowl winning squad/system. If JA had that type of support we'd of owned the chiefs for YEARS, and been the team rolling into the superbowl.

3) Mahomes wasn't close to perfect this superbowl. He made a number of mistakes that we get on JA's back for all the time around here. In fact he played about as uninspired a game as i've seen from him till maybe 2 minutes left in the game. Think about that. Imagine had JA played a 58minute **** fest at any point in time in the past 7 games. not only wouldn't we have won the game, but we get blown out. That superbowl was 100% on the chiefs defense for allowing Mahomes to sleep through the first 58 minutes of the game.

4) the 49ers for all their "great" coaches put up one hell of an awful gameplan for the offense. No effort to get CMC or Deebo the ball in space beyond that one TD on the throwback. Christ watching the 49ers waste Deebo and CMC like that all game had me sick to my stomach. Their coaching staff came up really short in the most important game of the season. This place would be going nuts if we got a performance like that from our offense. I mean look at how nuts this place is after JA missed diggs underneath on one play. **** off.

grow the **** up. it's football not a video game. The other team wants to win too. The reality is our defense isn't good enough. and I don't accept injuries as an excuse for that. Milano hasn't made it through a full season... ever, and it's been 4 years since we got a healthy season out of White. That's more then enough evidence you can't count on either to be available all season, yet our team is build around both of them. I could probably toss Hyde and Oliver on this pile of unreliably healthy defenders, in fact Oliver's breakout season probably would have happened in '22 had he not been hurt most ot the year, like usual.

At some point we have to acknowledge we have injury prone "stars" on the defense and move on. We also have to acknowledge that the defensive system we run probably isn't gonna beat mahomes. The Bengals proved they could beat the Chiefs when healthy. Gotta start asking questions about this at some point.
    But our defense was good enough. I know ppl want to scapegoat the D and it's injuries, but they were good enough. Our O and our star were in a prime spot at the end but couldn't close the deal. They didn't even give it their best shot.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hear you that JA executed 68/70 plays. The defense executed maybe 8/70? Doesn't change level of frustration on this one that if the coaches help JA make one more, very makeable, play coming out of the 2min warning (throw first read to Kincaid, or crosser to Diggs) we likely take the clock all the way down and at worst clock out with a chip field goal.

The defense is what it is. We're not getting any miracle prospects or FAs to save it. It's overinvested in, with old or underperforming players mostly, that can't stand up against the best teams. It continues to be up to Josh, the offense, and any defensive players with room yet to grow (relatively few, unfortunately).

7. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-12-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,653 Times in 6,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm always for adding players that can help Josh succeed.

Having said that Defense wins Championships.

Back in the hey days I'm talking the mid sixties we had that defense in spades.

We don't dominate anywhere close to those teams.

When you think of dominant defenses I would think you'd be thinking about the Bears ..... Buddy Ryan's defense was frightening.

We need younger players that like to hit and that can stay on the field long enough to make that point.

Unfortunately we do not have that killer instinct .......... not by a longshot.
    FSU WR Coleman #33
    Utah DB Bishop #60
    Duke DT Carter #95
    Kentucky RB Davis #128
    Georgia C Granger #141
    Wash LB Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE Solomon #168
    UCF OT Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB Hardy #219
    Eng. OT Clayton #221

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I'm always for adding players that can help Josh succeed.

Having said that Defense wins Championships.

Back in the hey days I'm talking the mid sixties we had that defense in spades.

We don't dominate anywhere close to those teams.

When you think of dominant defenses I would think you'd be thinking about the Bears ..... Buddy Ryan's defense was frightening.

We need younger players that like to hit and that can stay on the field long enough to make that point.

Unfortunately we do not have that killer instinct .......... not by a longshot.
    Man, the 9ers have a great D, who went home losers. A great O trumps a great D

Thanks
    Thanked 12,460 Times in 7,310 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nice sermon but this parishioner isn't saying amen. All I can say is look at the scoreboard. You have opinions. I have facts. Mahomes 3 JA 0

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Man, the 9ers have a great D, who went home losers. A great O trumps a great D
    They do ..... minus the great LB who tore his achilles early on.

What they couldn't control was the ball hitting off the punt return teams player leaving the Chiefs point blank.

They also couldn't leave the field with points after the interception they made.

They can cause a major turnover at their own 10 which they did by getting number 10 to cough up the ball.

They again have no control over their offense .... they did more than their part to win.

The defense for KC kept them in the game as well.

Bottom line is and always will be that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and that will never ever change.

12. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They do ..... minus the great LB who tore his achilles early on.

What they couldn't control was the ball hitting off the punt return teams player leaving the Chiefs point blank.

They also couldn't leave the field with points after the interception they made.

They can cause a major turnover at their own 10 which they did by getting number 10 to cough up the ball.

They again have no control over their offense .... they did more than their part to win.

The defense for KC kept them in the game as well.

Bottom line is and always will be that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and that will never ever change.
    A great offense is the best defense.

14. Post thanked by:

Oaf (02-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A great offense is fun to watch that's for sure but it leaves you empty if your defense can't give them the opportunities.

A great defense even the best of them just needs an offense that doesn't lose the game for them and can hopefully put up a few points.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A great offense is fun to watch that's for sure but it leaves you empty if your defense can't give them the opportunities.

A great defense even the best of them just needs an offense that doesn't lose the game for them and can hopefully put up a few points.
    Super bowls are most often won by the best quarterbacks. They're rarely won by the best defense (Ravens).

17. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-13-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Super bowls are most often won by the best quarterbacks. They're rarely won by the best defense (Ravens).
    They do get the awards don't they.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They do get the awards don't they.
    It's not about the awards. Are the best qbs not getting the rings?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The best QBs keep winning Super bowls because of their defense? Make no sense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Points for 2023-24 season!

Kansas City Chiefs 371.

San Francisco 49ers 491.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Indeed, it was the only defense we had. I was there live and it was clear, the only way we stayed in that game was finding ways to convert 1st downs on offense. Injuries obviously played a big role, and we actually had a good game plan for it. It gave us a chance at the end and we just got away from it.

23. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Indeed, it was the only defense we had. I was there live and it was clear, the only way we stayed in that game was finding ways to convert 1st downs on offense. Injuries obviously played a big role, and we actually had a good game plan for it. It gave us a chance at the end and we just got away from it.
    It really was a great game plan...until the end.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Points for 2023-24 season!

Kansas City Chiefs 371.

San Francisco 49ers 491.
    Playoff points per game this season:

KC 26

San Fran 21

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Playoff points per game this season:

KC 26

San Fran 21
    Playoff points given up 52 by the 49ers .... that was the total in 2 games. avg. 26

Playoff points given up 41 by the Chiefs that was the total in 3 games. avg. 13.7

Clearly the better defense was the Chiefs.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL!

Dolphins scored 7.

Ravens scored 10.

Bills scored 24.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Playoff points given up 52 by the 49ers .... that was the total in 2 games. avg. 26

Playoff points given up 41 by the Chiefs that was the total in 3 games. avg. 13.7

Clearly the better defense was the Chiefs.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL!

Dolphins scored 7.

Ravens scored 10.

Bills scored 24.
    Your regular season stat didn't hold up so you're trying to different tactic? I'm not convinced.