• Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
    A great offense is the best defense.
    Indeed, it was the only defense we had. I was there live and it was clear, the only way we stayed in that game was finding ways to convert 1st downs on offense. Injuries obviously played a big role, and we actually had a good game plan for it. It gave us a chance at the end and we just got away from it.

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
      Indeed, it was the only defense we had. I was there live and it was clear, the only way we stayed in that game was finding ways to convert 1st downs on offense. Injuries obviously played a big role, and we actually had a good game plan for it. It gave us a chance at the end and we just got away from it.
      It really was a great game plan...until the end.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
        Points for 2023-24 season!

Kansas City Chiefs 371.

San Francisco 49ers 491.
        Playoff points per game this season:

KC 26

San Fran 21

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Playoff points per game this season:

KC 26

San Fran 21
          Playoff points given up 52 by the 49ers .... that was the total in 2 games. avg. 26

Playoff points given up 41 by the Chiefs that was the total in 3 games. avg. 13.7

Clearly the better defense was the Chiefs.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL!

Dolphins scored 7.

Ravens scored 10.

Bills scored 24.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Playoff points given up 52 by the 49ers .... that was the total in 2 games. avg. 26

Playoff points given up 41 by the Chiefs that was the total in 3 games. avg. 13.7

Clearly the better defense was the Chiefs.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL!

Dolphins scored 7.

Ravens scored 10.

Bills scored 24.
            Your regular season stat didn't hold up so you're trying to different tactic? I'm not convinced.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Your regular season stat didn't hold up so you're trying to different tactic? I'm not convinced.
              Regular season the best offense was the 49ers and it wasn't close that held up great.

They outscored the Chiefs by 120 points!

Championships point to defense 100%

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

But our defense was good enough. I know ppl want to scapegoat the D and it's injuries, but they were good enough. Our O and our star were in a prime spot at the end but couldn't close the deal. They didn't even give it their best shot.
                No, they weren’t good enough in the post season. I mean we had a guy get off his couch and was told to cover Kelsey. Injuries cost us this year.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  No, they weren’t good enough in the post season. I mean we had a guy get off his couch and was told to cover Kelsey. Injuries cost us this year.
                  No answer for Kelce ...... we better find somebody that can at least limit him.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

The Chiefs' defense has been historic during this postseason run. Kansas City allowed just 13.7 points-per-game!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Sure they were good enough. We were in a great spot but in the end, it was the O that let us down.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Ingster, pal, buddy, you are wasting your breath.

There will always be part of the fanbase that won't be satisfied until the Bills win a superbowl. I used to be part of that. I am no longer. I realize that sometimes life doesn't go how you want it, no matter how hard you try. I suffered, like most here, through 20 terrible years of Bills football. I'd argue that there has never been such a bad stretch for any other sports fanbase in history. Even the Browns made the playoffs in that stretch, and so did the Lions (multiple times).

After that along game a guy named Josh Allen. A guy I, and a lot of fans, did not want. A guy who we thought was over-drafted and a less accurate, bigger version of JP Losman.

Thankfully, we were wrong, and JA17 turned out to be possibly the greatest Bills QB ever. We've got to watch 4 straight AFC East titles, with this year being one of the most epic runs by a Bills team.

Are the Bills perfect? No. Are they superbowl caliber? I don't know. Am I still grateful for these past 6 years, and getting to watch them be one of the best teams in the NFL year after year? Hell yes I am.

I am just of the mindset that wanting a superbowl as a fan base, and calling anything less than that a failure is incorrect.

Think about it this way. Pro sports are a form of entertainment. I've been thoroughly entertained almost every week over the past 6 seasons as opposed to maybe a handful of times the previous 20. Has there been heartbreakers? Yes. There always will be. We can't avoid that.

We are Bills fans, and some of us need to remember that, and get back to acting like Bills fans.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          Ingster, pal, buddy, you are wasting your breath.

There will always be part of the fanbase that won't be satisfied until the Bills win a superbowl. I used to be part of that. I am no longer. I realize that sometimes life doesn't go how you want it, no matter how hard you try. I suffered, like most here, through 20 terrible years of Bills football. I'd argue that there has never been such a bad stretch for any other sports fanbase in history. Even the Browns made the playoffs in that stretch, and so did the Lions (multiple times).

After that along game a guy named Josh Allen. A guy I, and a lot of fans, did not want. A guy who we thought was over-drafted and a less accurate, bigger version of JP Losman.

Thankfully, we were wrong, and JA17 turned out to be possibly the greatest Bills QB ever. We've got to watch 4 straight AFC East titles, with this year being one of the most epic runs by a Bills team.

Are the Bills perfect? No. Are they superbowl caliber? I don't know. Am I still grateful for these past 6 years, and getting to watch them be one of the best teams in the NFL year after year? Hell yes I am.

I am just of the mindset that wanting a superbowl as a fan base, and calling anything less than that a failure is incorrect.

Think about it this way. Pro sports are a form of entertainment. I've been thoroughly entertained almost every week over the past 6 seasons as opposed to maybe a handful of times the previous 20. Has there been heartbreakers? Yes. There always will be. We can't avoid that.

We are Bills fans, and some of us need to remember that, and get back to acting like Bills fans.
                          Baloney. Every single year you start with a different squad the goal is always the same: be the last team standing at the end.

Allen should have already made the trip to the SB he's being held back.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            Baloney. Every single year you start with a different squad the goal is always the same: be the last team standing at the end.

Allen should have already made the trip to the SB he's being held back.
                            I didn't say the Bills' goal shouldn't be a superbowl, I said I'm not basing a successful season on just a championship. I'm a fan, not a player. Losing sleep/getting angry/etc over my favorite team losing is ridiculously stupid. I'll be upset for a few hours, but the next day I'm fine. Why would I let a game ruin my mood/life?

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

No answer for Kelce ...... we better find somebody that can at least limit him.
                              Milano or Bernard could have done enough.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Milano or Bernard could have done enough.
                                If only we had them available.

Dre Greenlaw did the best of anybody I've seen tasked with Kelce.

Comment

Working...
                                X