Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

Thanks
    Thanked 7,601 Times in 6,155 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The irrational nonsense around here has gone on long enough

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Your regular season stat didn't hold up so you're trying to different tactic? I'm not convinced.
    Regular season the best offense was the 49ers and it wasn't close that held up great.

They outscored the Chiefs by 120 points!

Championships point to defense 100%
    33 - Coleman - WR
    60 - Bishop - Safety
    95 - Carter - DT

Thanks
    Thanked 5,855 Times in 3,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But our defense was good enough. I know ppl want to scapegoat the D and it's injuries, but they were good enough. Our O and our star were in a prime spot at the end but couldn't close the deal. They didn't even give it their best shot.
    No, they weren’t good enough in the post season. I mean we had a guy get off his couch and was told to cover Kelsey. Injuries cost us this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    No, they weren’t good enough in the post season. I mean we had a guy get off his couch and was told to cover Kelsey. Injuries cost us this year.
    No answer for Kelce ...... we better find somebody that can at least limit him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Chiefs' defense has been historic during this postseason run. Kansas City allowed just 13.7 points-per-game!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 3,843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sure they were good enough. We were in a great spot but in the end, it was the O that let us down.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,080 Times in 4,277 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ingster, pal, buddy, you are wasting your breath.

There will always be part of the fanbase that won't be satisfied until the Bills win a superbowl. I used to be part of that. I am no longer. I realize that sometimes life doesn't go how you want it, no matter how hard you try. I suffered, like most here, through 20 terrible years of Bills football. I'd argue that there has never been such a bad stretch for any other sports fanbase in history. Even the Browns made the playoffs in that stretch, and so did the Lions (multiple times).

After that along game a guy named Josh Allen. A guy I, and a lot of fans, did not want. A guy who we thought was over-drafted and a less accurate, bigger version of JP Losman.

Thankfully, we were wrong, and JA17 turned out to be possibly the greatest Bills QB ever. We've got to watch 4 straight AFC East titles, with this year being one of the most epic runs by a Bills team.

Are the Bills perfect? No. Are they superbowl caliber? I don't know. Am I still grateful for these past 6 years, and getting to watch them be one of the best teams in the NFL year after year? Hell yes I am.

I am just of the mindset that wanting a superbowl as a fan base, and calling anything less than that a failure is incorrect.

Think about it this way. Pro sports are a form of entertainment. I've been thoroughly entertained almost every week over the past 6 seasons as opposed to maybe a handful of times the previous 20. Has there been heartbreakers? Yes. There always will be. We can't avoid that.

We are Bills fans, and some of us need to remember that, and get back to acting like Bills fans.

7. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (02-14-2024),notacon (02-13-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Ingster, pal, buddy, you are wasting your breath.

There will always be part of the fanbase that won't be satisfied until the Bills win a superbowl. I used to be part of that. I am no longer. I realize that sometimes life doesn't go how you want it, no matter how hard you try. I suffered, like most here, through 20 terrible years of Bills football. I'd argue that there has never been such a bad stretch for any other sports fanbase in history. Even the Browns made the playoffs in that stretch, and so did the Lions (multiple times).

After that along game a guy named Josh Allen. A guy I, and a lot of fans, did not want. A guy who we thought was over-drafted and a less accurate, bigger version of JP Losman.

Thankfully, we were wrong, and JA17 turned out to be possibly the greatest Bills QB ever. We've got to watch 4 straight AFC East titles, with this year being one of the most epic runs by a Bills team.

Are the Bills perfect? No. Are they superbowl caliber? I don't know. Am I still grateful for these past 6 years, and getting to watch them be one of the best teams in the NFL year after year? Hell yes I am.

I am just of the mindset that wanting a superbowl as a fan base, and calling anything less than that a failure is incorrect.

Think about it this way. Pro sports are a form of entertainment. I've been thoroughly entertained almost every week over the past 6 seasons as opposed to maybe a handful of times the previous 20. Has there been heartbreakers? Yes. There always will be. We can't avoid that.

We are Bills fans, and some of us need to remember that, and get back to acting like Bills fans.
    Baloney. Every single year you start with a different squad the goal is always the same: be the last team standing at the end.

Allen should have already made the trip to the SB he's being held back.

9. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (02-14-2024)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,080 Times in 4,277 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Baloney. Every single year you start with a different squad the goal is always the same: be the last team standing at the end.

Allen should have already made the trip to the SB he's being held back.
    I didn't say the Bills' goal shouldn't be a superbowl, I said I'm not basing a successful season on just a championship. I'm a fan, not a player. Losing sleep/getting angry/etc over my favorite team losing is ridiculously stupid. I'll be upset for a few hours, but the next day I'm fine. Why would I let a game ruin my mood/life?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,855 Times in 3,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    No answer for Kelce ...... we better find somebody that can at least limit him.
    Milano or Bernard could have done enough.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Milano or Bernard could have done enough.
    If only we had them available.

Dre Greenlaw did the best of anybody I've seen tasked with Kelce.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,702 Times in 7,762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Mahomes wasn't close to perfect this superbowl. He made a number of mistakes that we get on JA's back for all the time around here. In fact he played about as uninspired a game as i've seen from him till maybe 2 minutes left in the game. Think about that. Imagine had JA played a 58minute **** fest at any point in time in the past 7 games. not only wouldn't we have won the game, but we get blown out. That superbowl was 100% on the chiefs defense for allowing Mahomes to sleep through the first 58 minutes of the game."

THAT'S THE POINT!!!

Josh Allen was superb UNTIL THE LAST TWO MINUTES OF THE GAME vs KC. Mahomes was superb and next to flawless when it counted the most. As I stated the facts in another thread...

But, when the rubber hits the road, Purdy HAD HIS CHANCE for greatness in OT. The result....he went 6/4 in OT (the seventh INCOMPLETION was saved by a defensive holding call). Got to the KC NINE YARD LINE, but could not get it in.

Mahomes in OT.....EIGHT FOR EIGHT for 42 yards....two runs for 21 yards including the 4th down run that saved the game.

That's SIXTY THREE of the 75 yards in the wining TD drive.

THAT'S the difference between winning a HUGE playoff game and losing it.

Josh Allen had the chance to win that game in the palm of his hand. If he was aware of the game situation (like Mahomes always seems to have a sold grasp of, when it counts the most, in the playoffs) the Bills would have won that game, and would have had a great chance to beat Baltimore and go on to the SB.

Jesus....he had the ball on the KC 26....2nd and 9....2 minutes left...two time outs. There was NO NEED for hero ball. Diggs was WIDE OPEN for an easy first down.

Pointing out that fact is NOT "irrational nonsense"....it's simply plain reality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I didn't say the Bills' goal shouldn't be a superbowl, I said I'm not basing a successful season on just a championship. I'm a fan, not a player. Losing sleep/getting angry/etc over my favorite team losing is ridiculously stupid. I'll be upset for a few hours, but the next day I'm fine. Why would I let a game ruin my mood/life?
    Haha. You're the most passive aggressive poster here. Your neg reps to me prove it. You're as pissed off as anyone here. You just take it out in other ways.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For the majority of the season if we could get an uninspiring effort out of Josh to the tune of 34 of 46 for 333 yards and 2 TDs that would be an improvement over a majority of his games this season. Instead we get Josh putting up 26 of 39 for 186 yards and 1 TD against the Chiefs and that's somehow the standard for the best QB the Chiefs faced in the playoffs. Brock Purdy outperformed those numbers in the Super Bowl. Lamar Jackson outperformed those numbers. Tua was on par with those numbers.

This isn't saying Josh is or isn't better than those 3 guys overall, in fact he is better than all 3, but when it comes to the Chiefs he didn't outplay any of them.

If the bar to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs is that miserable performance we saw a few weeks ago, we're never beating that team in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    For the majority of the season if we could get an uninspiring effort out of Josh to the tune of 34 of 46 for 333 yards and 2 TDs that would be an improvement over a majority of his games this season. Instead we get Josh putting up 26 of 39 for 186 yards and 1 TD against the Chiefs and that's somehow the standard for the best QB the Chiefs faced in the playoffs. Brock Purdy outperformed those numbers in the Super Bowl. Lamar Jackson outperformed those numbers. Tua was on par with those numbers.

This isn't saying Josh is or isn't better than those 3 guys overall, in fact he is better than all 3, but when it comes to the Chiefs he didn't outplay any of them.

If the bar to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs is that miserable performance we saw a few weeks ago, we're never beating that team in the playoffs.
    Game plan.

It worked beautifully. Ball control. Keep it away from Mahonmes. TOP greatly favored the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Game plan.

It worked beautifully. Ball control. Keep it away from Mahonmes. TOP greatly favored the Bills.
    Just another game we beat the snot out of the opponent but not on the scoreboard.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Game plan.

And we still lost.

And do you really think if Bass makes that kick, we don't watch Mahomes march down field, get into FG range and we see Butker kick a 45-50 yard FG for the Chiefs to win?

Doesn't matter if Bass missed or made it, we were still taking the L.

19. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (02-14-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And we still lost.

And do you really think if Bass makes that kick, we don't watch Mahomes march down field, get into FG range and we see Butker kick a 45-50 yard FG for the Chiefs to win?

exactly. We were coached right into an L.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    exactly. We were coached right into an L.
    Nope.

Our QB wilted in the big moment. Missed an underneath throw that would have gone for a first down because he's doing the hero ball thing and trying to hit a TD pass. And then just throwing the ball away on 3rd down.

Meanwhile you put Mahomes in that same situation and he's cool, calm and collected and takes whatever the defense gives him to put his team in position to win.

There's the difference between the two QBs.

22. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-13-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope.

Our QB wilted in the big moment. Missed an underneath throw that would have gone for a first down because he's doing the hero ball thing and trying to hit a TD pass. And then just throwing the ball away on 3rd down.

Meanwhile you put Mahomes in that same situation and he's cool, calm and collected and takes whatever the defense gives him to put his team in position to win.

There's the difference between the two QBs.
    Because Josh Allen has been doing that since he got here and obviously not taught any different.

It is the coaching that turns him into Mr. Hero ball. They love his 'possible ceiling' and want to see it on every play. Reid and Mahommes on the other hand are patiently working within constraints they perceive -- while our guys apparently don't believe in constraints even though they are right in front of their faces.

Bottom line: Josh Allen believes the most ridiculous throw into triple coverage is always the smart play for him. That is coached. And he makes it. And we lose.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And we still lost.

We lost because we didn't continue that amazing ball control game plan for the final two minutes.

25. Post thanked by:

Woodman (02-19-2024)