DIFFERENCE IN THE BILL'S AND CHEIFS .....very simple..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: DIFFERENCE IN THE BILL'S AND CHEIFS .....very simple..

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    pure speculation on my part, but I always felt that McDuffie was the Bills target and they panicked when he was taken
    I said many times before, I don't care position needs. If you see a potential game changer, go for it. Hindsight is 20-20. Looking back now, I'm pretty sure the Bills would try to get him in 2022, and many other teams would as well.

As far as the 2022 draft, I think we all know the Bills were looking for boundary corners. Elam had the prototypical physical traits that fits what the Bills were looking for at that position. McDuffie is a slot corner that can play outside at times; he's shorter, with shorter arms compared to Elam. So I can't be 100% sure the Bills were targeting him then.

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
      Yeah he is. Again what Mahomes has is better coaching. No one would dispute this.

Now if the Bills were getting blown out by the Chefs instead of barely losing to them, you'd have a point. But they aren't so you don't.
      And what would Mahomes' coaches have done throughout 13 seconds to yield better results? McD and Daboll had our O humming at the highest level.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Yeah he is. Again what Mahomes has is better coaching. No one would dispute this.

Now if the Bills were getting blown out by the Chefs instead of barely losing to them, you'd have a point. But they aren't so you don't.

Baloney.

The difference is so slight, but it's there. And it's NOT mainly coaching.....it's in QB decision making.

In fact, your statement that "Now if the Bills were getting blown out by the Chefs instead of barely losing to them, you'd have a point". is more applicable to refuting that the coaching from the two teams is THE difference. If it was, then the Bills would be getting blown out by KC. They are not.

In FACT, the Bills have BEATEN KC THREE TIMES IN A ROW, IN KC in the regular season. If "better coaching" was THE factor, that would not have happened.

It's all about decisions made in the most crucial times in the BIGGEST games...playoff time.. That is NOT about coaching. Yes, the 2021 playoff loss Josh DID perform at an extremely high level in the clutch moment....and the coaching at 13 seconds and beyond left a lot to be desired. Josh did NOT do so in the last loss to KC. That's on JOSH, not the coaches.

BUT, notice the NEXT GAME for KC, the OT AFCC game vs Cincy, WHY DID KC LOSE?!?!?!? Mahomes made crappy decisions at critical times....first at the end of the first half when he had a brain fart and prevented KC from scoring any points when they were on the Cincy ONE YARD LINE!!!

Then, in OT, Mahomes made THREE TERRIBLE PASSES (go back and watch the ALL-22 film....I have, several times....Mahomes sucked in OT) The last one reminded me of too many of the BAD decisions that Josh makes way to often resulting in a easy INT.

It's glaringly obvious. Mahomes makes noticeably FEWER mistakes at the crucial times than Josh does. It's a FACT. Plus Mahoems makes exponentially more clutch plays at the most crucial times. That is ALSO a FACT.

This fact tells it all....

“Since 2001, there have been 125 drives in the NFL postseason where it was at least the fourth quarter, there was under a minute left to play, and the team on offense trailed by seven points or fewer at the start. These are your standard clutch moments for a football team, the do-or-die drives that win and lose critical games.

“Out of those 125 drives, only 40 percent of them saw the team on offense pull off the magic trick and get the points they needed. Some quarterbacks are pretty good at it, such as Tom Brady, who went 5-for-11 (46%), or Drew Brees, who went 3-for-6 (50%). Only Patrick Mahomes, though, 7-for-7, or perfect, in those dire situations.”

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Did you see the play that won the SB for the Chefs?
          Mahomes went 8-8 and was flawless for the winning drive.....Josh Allen not even close to flawless in the last drive vs KC.

Mahomes - 8/8 42 yards
          Mahomes - 2 runs for 27 yards
          Pacheco - 3 runs for 6 yards

Last drive for Bills VS KC

Allen - 6/11 for 42 yards
          Allen - 2 runs for 10 yards - 1 fumble (recovered by Buffalo)
          Cook - 2 runs - 1 yard

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            Mahomes to Hardman. So?
            And what would Mahomes' coaches have done throughout 13 seconds to yield better results? McD and Daboll had our O humming at the highest level.
            What do you mean "so?" Hardman is a JAG and was wide ****ing open on that play. You think that's because he's such a great player/Mahomes?

And the Bills for all their "ball control" offense scored just 7 points in the 2nd half. Brady got outcoached by a guy who shut down the greatest offense in NFL history in the 2007 Cheats and then did it again in 2011. This is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said.

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Baloney.

The difference is so slight, but it's there. And it's NOT mainly coaching.....it's in QB decision making.

In fact, your statement that "Now if the Bills were getting blown out by the Chefs instead of barely losing to them, you'd have a point". is more applicable to refuting that the coaching from the two teams is THE difference. If it was, then the Bills would be getting blown out by KC. They are not.

In FACT, the Bills have BEATEN KC THREE TIMES IN A ROW, IN KC in the regular season. If "better coaching" was THE factor, that would not have happened.

It's all about decisions made in the most crucial times in the BIGGEST games...playoff time.. That is NOT about coaching. Yes, the 2021 playoff loss Josh DID perform at an extremely high level in the clutch moment....and the coaching at 13 seconds and beyond left a lot to be desired. Josh did NOT do so in the last loss to KC. That's on JOSH, not the coaches.

BUT, notice the NEXT GAME for KC, the OT AFCC game vs Cincy, WHY DID KC LOSE?!?!?!? Mahomes made crappy decisions at critical times....first at the end of the first half when he had a brain fart and prevented KC from scoring any points when they were on the Cincy ONE YARD LINE!!!

Then, in OT, Mahomes made THREE TERRIBLE PASSES (go back and watch the ALL-22 film....I have, several times....Mahomes sucked in OT) The last one reminded me of too many of the BAD decisions that Josh makes way to often resulting in a easy INT.

It's glaringly obvious. Mahomes makes noticeably FEWER mistakes at the crucial times than Josh does. It's a FACT. Plus Mahoems makes exponentially more clutch plays at the most crucial times. That is ALSO a FACT.

This fact tells it all....

“Since 2001, there have been 125 drives in the NFL postseason where it was at least the fourth quarter, there was under a minute left to play, and the team on offense trailed by seven points or fewer at the start. These are your standard clutch moments for a football team, the do-or-die drives that win and lose critical games.

“Out of those 125 drives, only 40 percent of them saw the team on offense pull off the magic trick and get the points they needed. Some quarterbacks are pretty good at it, such as Tom Brady, who went 5-for-11 (46%), or Drew Brees, who went 3-for-6 (50%). Only Patrick Mahomes, though, 7-for-7, or perfect, in those dire situations.”
            Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Mahomes went 8-8 and was flawless for the winning drive.....Josh Allen not even close to flawless in the last drive vs KC.

Mahomes - 8/8 42 yards
            Mahomes - 2 runs for 27 yards
            Pacheco - 3 runs for 6 yards

Last drive for Bills VS KC

Allen - 6/11 for 42 yards
            Allen - 2 runs for 10 yards - 1 fumble (recovered by Buffalo)
            Cook - 2 runs - 1 yard
            The difference is far greater than "slight." Reid has 20 years of HC'ing on McD. He's also a far better OC than what the Bills have had under McD. And again, Spags proved himself with the way his defense shut down the Cheats in 2007. Again no one would take the Bills' coaches over them. No one. And again, it's not like the Chefs have blown out the Bills in any game save for the 2020 playoffs. They were a missed easy FG away from tying the game against the Chefs, despite having a MASH unit on defense much of the game.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

What do you mean "so?" Hardman is a JAG and was wide ****ing open on that play. You think that's because he's such a great player/Mahomes?

And the Bills for all their "ball control" offense scored just 7 points in the 2nd half. Brady got outcoached by a guy who shut down the greatest offense in NFL history in the 2007 Cheats and then did it again in 2011. This is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said.
              So? Shakir AND Diggs were open on the play after the 2 minute warning. You are not backing up your claim of superior coaching with evidence.

And just to recap...Davis was out, Diggs was supposedly checked out and our D was riddled with injuries. Did you really expect a shoot out? We played it perfectly, controlling the clock with great position to pull it out in the end...until the ball control plan was abandoned after the time out, for no good reason.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

So? Shakir AND Diggs were open on the play after the 2 minute warning. You are not backing up your claim of superior coaching with evidence.

And just to recap...Davis was out, Diggs was supposedly checked out and our D was riddled with injuries. Did you really expect a shoot out? We played it perfectly, controlling the clock with great position to pull it out in the end...until the ball control plan was abandoned after the time out, for no good reason.
                The point is there's a lot of stuff that happens prior to the last 2 minutes. Again they scored just 7 points in the 2nd half.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

The point is there's a lot of stuff that happens prior to the last 2 minutes. Again they scored just 7 points in the 2nd half.
                  Yes. That's my point too. The game plan work great in my opinion for 58 minutes. Set us up in a good position to get the win.

So my question to you what would mahomes' coaches have done differently if they were on the bills in those first 58 minutes to yield a different result?

Again Davis was out and Diggs was checked out apparently.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Yes. That's my point too. The game plan work great in my opinion for 58 minutes. Set us up in a good position to get the win.

So my question to you what would mahomes' coaches have done differently if they were on the bills in those first 58 minutes to yield a different result?

Again Davis was out and Diggs was checked out apparently.
                    Again, just 7 points in the 2nd half isn't setting the team up to win. Doing little in the 2nd half is what cost them dearly.

And again, I'll point to the game-winning play in the SB. That was all scheme. I don't think Mahomes even had to look anywhere else.

Yes the Bills were injured and the Chefs were almost completely healthy. That played a major role as well. And is a common theme come playoff time.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Again, just 7 points in the 2nd half isn't setting the team up to win. Doing little in the 2nd half is what cost them dearly.

And again, I'll point to the game-winning play in the SB. That was all scheme. I don't think Mahomes even had to look anywhere else.

Yes the Bills were injured and the Chefs were almost completely healthy. That played a major role as well. And is a common theme come playoff time.
                      I think the ball control did set us up good at the end though. My question still remains what would mahomes' coaches have done differently if they were coaching the bills?

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I think the ball control did set us up good at the end though. My question still remains what would mahomes' coaches have done differently if they were coaching the bills?
                        I think the coaches would have coached Allen differently right from the beginning ... and the results would have been different. Our system begs Uber Allen to show up and play hero ball all the time. Reid would not put Josh Allen out there alone the way McDermott has.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                          I think the coaches would have coached Allen differently right from the beginning ... and the results would have been different. Our system begs Uber Allen to show up and play hero ball all the time. Reid would not put Josh Allen out there alone the way McDermott has.
                          I don't know if your argument holds water in 13 seconds or in this game. 58 minutes of mostly ball control doesn't sound like hero ball and in 13 seconds, we needed Allen to play perhaps the greatestgame ever by a Bills qb, and he did.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

So you're saying the quality of coaches is exactly the same and they would coach exactly the same? OK. There's nothing else to discuss then.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

So you're saying the quality of coaches is exactly the same and they would coach exactly the same? OK. There's nothing else to discuss then.
                              You said

.Yeah he is. Again what Mahomes has is better coaching. No one would dispute this.

What I'm saying is that you have not supported this claim.

Comment

• Goobylal
                                • Jan 2004

You said

What I'm saying is that you have not supported this claim.
                                I don't think I have to support the claim that Reid and Spagnuolo are far better coaches than Brady/Dorsey/Daboll and McD. Everyone knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍