Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIFFERENCE IN THE BILL'S AND CHEIFS .....very simple..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DIFFERENCE IN THE BILL'S AND CHEIFS .....very simple..

talent evaluation is the #1 difference, hear me out!

KC has 3 guys left on this years team vs there 1st SuperBowl victory with Mahomes, they are Mahomes ,Kelce and Chris Jones on defense, year in and year out they move on from players demanding big salary's or expiring contracts.

who doe's that sound like? New England when they had Brady.. we need to start drafting and quit worrying about guys that had decent play in years past, we have Allen Cook , Kincaid and Oliver on defense, do the same..

we are just the opposite as KC, we try and re-sign everyone... KC has went through 2 left tackles, we have Dawkins, we have resigned way to many guys like Hyde and Poyer and White and Milano and Diggs and Knox just for starter.

in order to win and keep the cap in check you have to get play out of young guys while they are under there 1st contract then move on, but you have to know talent and that just might be where The Bills are different from the KC's and NE's of the Brady years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: DIFFERENCE IN THE BILL'S AND CHEIFS .....very simple..

Yeah it's the coaching.

3. Post thanked by:

Canadian'eh! (02-14-2024),DetoxTent (02-17-2024),justasportsfan (02-19-2024)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Andy Reid is an offensive genius.

Nobody on the Bills can sniff his undies.

Combine that with the best QB to ever breath (yes, I said it), and the best TE to ever breath (yes, I said it again), and it's an unstoppable force.

Not to mention their Defense was lights out this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Combine that with the best QB to ever breath (yes, I said it), and the best TE to ever breath (yes, I said it again), and it's an unstoppable force.

I don't buy that. These two guys are really excellent players OK ... but the recency bias is profound. Allen has more talent and capability than Mahomes he just doesn't apply his brain the same way so he ends up being inferior to a lot of folks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 990 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I don't buy that. These two guys are really excellent players OK ... but the recency bias is profound. Allen has more talent and capability than Mahomes he just doesn't apply his brain the same way so he ends up being inferior to a lot of folks.
    Correct. No dynasty lives forever no matter how invincible they seem. They ALL ultimately fade away. At one point in time the 49ers were a dynasty whom the Chicago Bears just couldn’t eclipse…until they did, all while carrying around a refrigerator.

Everyone then thought that that Bears team wouldn’t/couldn’t be defeated for years. They never won another Super Bowl

Then there were the Dallas Cowboys who crushed everything in front of them including our beloved Bills and whom Steve Young’s 49ers just couldn’t get past…until they did.

We have the right David to slay this most recent Goliath.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 6,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Not to mention their Defense was lights out this year.
    This was the difference .... you shoulda mentioned it 1st.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where are the Bills Mahomes, Kelce and Jones? We have Allen. Cook and Kincaid are still early in their career; I don't know I'll put them in the Kelce, Jones, or Hill (departed) category in term of HoF level players.

That is the theme I've been on. The Bills have not hit any of them other than Allen. Not an indictment on Beane - he at least got one and may have a few that turn out to be. But prior to Beane, the previous regime really didn't leave us with anything. Kyle Williams was good, that's about it. The one who could've been here is Jason Peters and we didn't want to pay him. Did I left over anyone who could've carried over to Beane -McDermott era?

Oliver is a good player but we didn't get the a Jones caliber one from the same draft class: we have no shot at Quinnen Williams, Christian Wilkens is about the same as Oliver, might be a tad better. Dexter Lawrence is better, Jeffrey Simmons is the one we really missed out - he's best of the that draft class at DT. You can also say we missed Brian Burns. Looking back, I'd trade Oliver for any one of them, straight up.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Difference?

Patrick Mahomes.

We have one of those generational talented guys at QB, who will likely be a HOFer when he's done however Mahomes before his career is even done will be in the conversations about all time great at the position.

10. Post thanked by:

notacon (02-13-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Where are the Bills Mahomes, Kelce and Jones? We have Allen. Cook and Kincaid are still early in their career; I don't know I'll put them in the Kelce, Jones, or Hill (departed) category in term of HoF level players.

That is the theme I've been on. The Bills have not hit any of them other than Allen. Not an indictment on Beane - he at least got one and may have a few that turn out to be. But prior to Beane, the previous regime really didn't leave us with anything. Kyle Williams was good, that's about it. The one who could've been here is Jason Peters and we didn't want to pay him. Did I left over anyone who could've carried over to Beane -McDermott era?

Oliver is a good player but we didn't get the a Jones caliber one from the same draft class: we have no shot at Quinnen Williams, Christian Wilkens is about the same as Oliver, might be a tad better. Dexter Lawrence is better, Jeffrey Simmons is the one we really missed out - he's best of the that draft class at DT. You can also say we missed Brian Burns. Looking back, I'd trade Oliver for any one of them, straight up.
    I agree we don't have a Chris Jones talent on defense, but Allen is as good as Mahomes and Kincaid and Cook together = Kelce in my eyes, the biggest difference on offence is Andy Reid and a west coast offense which I'd give my left nut for Buffalo to change too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Difference?

Patrick Mahomes.

We have one of those generational talented guys at QB, who will likely be a HOFer when he's done however Mahomes before his career is even done will be in the conversations about all time great at the position.
    Im gonna disagree, If Allen was in Kc he would have 3 SB rings, the difference is Andy Reid and his scheme,, remember Reid fired McD in Philly.

great QBs all have great head coach's, can we really say McD is on pace to be a HOF coach?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cas22 View Post
    Im gonna disagree, If Allen was in Kc he would have 3 SB rings, the difference is Andy Reid and his scheme,, remember Reid fired McD in Philly.

great QBs all have great head coach's, can we really say McD is on pace to be a HOF coach?
    Flip Allen and Mahomes and the Bills have 3 SB wins and the Chiefs have none.

Give Mahomes, Diggs, Shakir and Davis to throw to instead of Hardman, MVS and Toney and you'd see back to the days of Mahomes throwing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,713 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The difference between the Bills and Chefs IS "very simple"

Patrick Mahomes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give Mahomes, Diggs, Shakir and Davis to throw to instead of Hardman, MVS and Toney and you'd see back to the days of Mahomes throwing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs.
    no way, Allen is as good if not better than Mahomes when it comes to talent, I do agree Allen would have 3 rings maybe 4 if he was in KC...

- - - Updated - - -

not in our offensive scheme..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

allen had 4300 passing yards, Mahomes 4100

Allen had 29 passing TDs Mahomes had 27

Allen had 385 completions Mahomes had 401 that 16 less

Allen had 534 rushing yards Mahomes had 389

Allen had 15 rushing TDs Mahomes had 0

Allen had 18 ints Mahomes had 14 4 less

so Mahomes if the difference ??

Thanks
    Thanked 11,713 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NOPE!!!!

If Allen was in KC he would probably have NO Super Bowl wins.

If Mahomes was in Buffalo, he probably would have had THREE.

I've posted the FACTS several times. Some just simply do not want to accept what is GLARINGLY obvious.

the Chiefs were a very good team with a very good QB, Alex Smith (with Kelce) from his first year with KC. Their playoff success?? Not much.

2013 - one and out - lost in WC round
    2014 - missed playoffs
    2015 - won WC, lost Div to NE and Brady
    2016 - one and out - lost in Div to Pittsburgh (did not play in WC, they were #2 seed)
    2017 - one and out - lost to Tenn in WC

For the math challenged, that is a 1-4 record.

2018 Patrick Mahomes takes over as starting QB....

2018 - lost in AFCC to NE and Brady (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)
    2019 - won Super Bowl beating HOU in Div, and Tenn in AFCC. Did not have to play against NE and Brady. (they had fist round bye via #2 seed)
    2020 - lost SB to Tampa Bay and TOM BRADY. (they had fist round bye via #1 seed) - Bills get #2 seed but because of playoff change do NOT get first round bye.
    2021 - lost to Cincy in AFCC - they did NOT get first round bye
    2022 - won SB - (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)

Sensing a pattern here???? No Mahomes, no success. Mahomes - great success.

Same with Belichick and Brady.

Same with Paul Brown and Otto Graham (yes, the great Paul Brown never won a championship without Otto Graham at QB).

Same with Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr (yes, the great Vince Lombardi never won a championship without Bart Starr at QB).

Andy Reid was head coach for TWENTY ONE YEARS until he won his first Super Bowl.

In Philly he had DONOVAN MCNABB for TEN YEARS and could not win one. His teams (with McNAbb) LOST THREE CONSECUTIVE NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. Before FINALLY making it to the Super Bowl where his team LOST!!!

The Chiefs won a LOT of games with Alex Smith....in FACT, as Mike Sando observes....

"For as much as quarterback Patrick Mahomes drives the team’s success, coach Andy Reid’s .658 win rate in 76 games with Alex Smith behind center exceeds the career winning percentages for Bill Belichick, Tom Landry, Bud Grant, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh and Reid himself."

Reid is a very good coach. Patrick Mahomes made him a Super Bowl winning coach.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    NOPE!!!!

If Allen was in KC he would probably have NO Super Bowl wins.

If Mahomes was in Buffalo, he probably would have had THREE.

I've posted the FACTS several times. Some just simply do not want to accept what is GLARINGLY obvious.

the Chiefs were a very good team with a very good QB, Alex Smith (with Kelce) from his first year with KC. Their playoff success?? Not much.

2013 - one and out - lost in WC round
    2014 - missed playoffs
    2015 - won WC, lost Div to NE and Brady
    2016 - one and out - lost in Div to Pittsburgh (did not play in WC, they were #2 seed)
    2017 - one and out - lost to Tenn in WC

For the math challenged, that is a 1-4 record.

2018 Patrick Mahomes takes over as starting QB....

2018 - lost in AFCC to NE and Brady (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)
    2019 - won Super Bowl beating HOU in Div, and Tenn in AFCC. Did not have to play against NE and Brady. (they had fist round bye via #2 seed)
    2020 - lost SB to Tampa Bay and TOM BRADY. (they had fist round bye via #1 seed) - Bills get #2 seed but because of playoff change do NOT get first round bye.
    2021 - lost to Cincy in AFCC - they did NOT get first round bye
    2022 - won SB - (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)

Sensing a pattern here???? No Mahomes, no success. Mahomes - great success.

Same with Belichick and Brady.

Same with Paul Brown and Otto Graham (yes, the great Paul Brown never won a championship without Otto Graham at QB).

Same with Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr (yes, the great Vince Lombardi never won a championship without Bart Starr at QB).

Andy Reid was head coach for TWENTY ONE YEARS until he won his first Super Bowl.

In Philly he had DONOVAN MCNABB for TEN YEARS and could not win one. His teams (with McNAbb) LOST THREE CONSECUTIVE NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES. Before FINALLY making it to the Super Bowl where his team LOST!!!

The Chiefs won a LOT of games with Alex Smith....in FACT, as Mike Sando observes....

"For as much as quarterback Patrick Mahomes drives the team’s success, coach Andy Reid’s .658 win rate in 76 games with Alex Smith behind center exceeds the career winning percentages for Bill Belichick, Tom Landry, Bud Grant, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh and Reid himself."

Reid is a very good coach. Patrick Mahomes made him a Super Bowl winning coach.
    thats strictly your opinion.. I disagree right along with 100 experts, if mahomes would have been in this offense he might be on the shelf, they are 2 entirely different schemes, something Allen would thrive in, Mahomes isn't a bruising runner like Allen nor could he take the pounding Allen has endured so far, take Kelce off KC and they don't even make the playoffs .. Mahomes has never been on a none playoff caliber team in his career, Allen was thrown to the fire with no talrnt around him..

Thanks
    Thanked 30,583 Times in 17,460 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The last post had a bad link and was making the thread unreadable.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,846 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Talent didn't cause us to lose 13 seconds.

Talent didn't cause our collapse after the 2 minute warning.

The difference is that they have the "it" factor, relatively speaking.

21. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (02-19-2024),Oaf (02-13-2024)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Talent didn't cause us to lose 13 seconds.

Talent didn't cause our collapse after the 2 minute warning.

The difference is that they have the "it" factor, relatively speaking.
    "It" being relatively strategic and not so tight.

23. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (02-13-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree we don't have a Chris Jones talent on defense, but Allen is as good as Mahomes and Kincaid and Cook together = Kelce in my eyes, the biggest difference on offence is Andy Reid and a west coast offense which I'd give my left nut for Buffalo to change too.
    Kincaid << Kelce. Before this year I would use <<< but Kelce has a down year in general. But he sure showed up in the playoffs. I'm not down on Kincaid because he is a rookie after all.
    Cook? He might be the best we had since McCoy, but whether he is better than Pacheco is still a question. Sure Cook has a more yards but per carrier number is very similar. Pacheco had a lot less carries and had 9 total TDs.