Thread: I’ve come around on UPL

Thanks
    Thanked 26,312 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I’ve come around on UPL

It took a little longer than it should have, but he’s a legit NHL starter. He has a 2.51 GAA, which is 11th in the league on a bad team that constantly hangs him out to dry.

The Sabres lose a lot but it is almost never UPL’s fault. If anything, he keeps them in games. It’s not his fault that there’s no offense.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (02-18-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I’ve come around on UPL

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It took a little longer than it should have, but he’s a legit NHL starter. He has a 2.51 GAA, which is 11th in the league on a bad team that constantly hangs him out to dry.

The Sabres lose a lot but it is almost never UPL’s fault. If anything, he keeps them in games. It’s not his fault that there’s no offense.
    The ole saying is goalies are voodoo. Prior to last year, his whole resume was one season in juniors. Outside that, he was very pedestrian in every way. Last year, he had poor numbers on a good team, but there were definitely signs he was developing. This was sort of the year there needed to be more, and wouldn't ya know it, he's developed into not only a capable NHL goaltender, but a starter! Whether he remains that level long term remains to be seen, but you can't argue with this season, especially as the sample size continues to grow. He's 24. Miller still had one more AHL season to go at this age. Goalies take time.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (02-18-2024)