Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabres News & Notes 2

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,516 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sabres News & Notes 2

Quote Originally Posted by T&C View Post
    Sjoiln is currently playing for Florida's AHL team in Charlotte. He hasn't played since late January.

BTW, that 7th round pick in '24 becomes a 5th round pick IF Florida wins the Cup. And the Panthers do have a shot to do it.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Moved to Philly for a 4th

Wonder if the Sabres are done i

Per the Twitter account LGA585(formerly known as Let's Go Amerks): Kevyn Adams said there's another move coming that involves one of the Amerk players.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Moving the captain is a bit strange but so is having a 4th liner as the captain. Okpo was on a 1 year deal and we got something for a guy who was gonna walk for nothing. There’s zero risk here.

4. Post thanked by:

sukie (03-08-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Per the Twitter account LGA585(formerly known as Let's Go Amerks): Kevyn Adams said there's another move coming that involves one of the Amerk players.
    And here it is: Amerks G Devin Cooley is heading to San Jose in exchange for a 2025 7th round pick. Cooley will likely play for the Sharks' AHL affiliate in...well, San Jose!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I swear to God if the sabres bring back girgensons... I'll be very annoyed by it
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Girgensons, Comrie, and Olofsson still on the team. Adams sucks so bad. Got rid of Mittelstadt for a left-handed defenseman we don't need. Okposo for nothing. Eric Johnson for a 2025 7th rounder. 2025!

And now that Johnson and Okposo are gone they call up Cale Clague and Tyson Jost! Oh stop the madness. So I'm tuning out the rest of this year. This team was beyond awful in Nashville WITH Okposo in the lineup. The lineup moving forward is putrid. It's an AHL team. What a joke. Get some scorers this summer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Girgensons, Comrie, and Olofsson still on the team. Adams sucks so bad. Got rid of Mittelstadt for a left-handed defenseman we don't need. Okposo for nothing. Eric Johnson for a 2025 7th rounder. 2025!

And now that Johnson and Okposo are gone they call up Cale Clague and Tyson Jost! Oh stop the madness. So I'm tuning out the rest of this year. This team was beyond awful in Nashville WITH Okposo in the lineup. The lineup moving forward is putrid. It's an AHL team. What a joke. Get some scorers this summer.
    Im fine with those call ups. I get why people would be upset, but some of those guys still aren't ready. No reason to rush them on a lost season.

Though, I would have been fine with a Rosen call up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's why Erik Johnson's tenure with the Sabres was so short and why he wasn't getting minutes on the ice. He sucks. Here is his last play as a Sabre:

Good luck with that Briere. Let the Flyers keep taking our flawed defensemen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Here's why Erik Johnson's tenure with the Sabres was so short and why he wasn't getting minutes on the ice. He sucks. Here is his last play as a Sabre:

Good luck with that Briere. Let the Flyers keep taking our flawed defensemen.
    In Europe, their pro leagues let you dress 19.. an extra forward or D man. Johnson would be perfect as that extra skater to use exclusively on the PK. Outside that....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,859 Times in 3,506 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Our captain was traded so he can have a shot at winning before retires. Nothing more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The maintenance day cast came out yesterday.

Here's some take aways.

The Sabres got good value in the EJ trade. EJ was not showing well. Flyers desperate for bodies.
    Okposo trade all about doing right by a great dude.

Sabres love Girgensons and hope to bring him back, but will showcase him if he decides to go elsewhere.

Mittlestadt trade is a huge one for Adams that he has to get right. Players like Byram don't come along everyday and teams want 3 or 4 guys who can step into a first pairing roll if needed. Team has to find a 3C and that player is not internal at this point. Sabres are expected to make big changes. And that the wealth of prospects will likely thin out a little as Adams knows next year is a MUST make year.

They also talked about moving on from Skinner eventually if someone internally can be promoted after next season. They discuss basically handing him to Chicago for cap relief or a buy out.

The team is honing in on an identity. Last year, they went all out with offense, and this year, defense. The team needs to balance that and be suffocating to play against but fast enough and skilled enough to make teams pay for mistakes. They HOPE that's coming next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    The maintenance day cast came out yesterday.

Here's some take aways.

The Sabres got good value in the EJ trade. EJ was not showing well. Flyers desperate for bodies.
    Okposo trade all about doing right by a great dude.

Sabres love Girgensons and hope to bring him back, but will showcase him if he decides to go elsewhere.

Mittlestadt trade is a huge one for Adams that he has to get right. Players like Byram don't come along everyday and teams want 3 or 4 guys who can step into a first pairing roll if needed. Team has to find a 3C and that player is not internal at this point. Sabres are expected to make big changes. And that the wealth of prospects will likely thin out a little as Adams knows next year is a MUST make year.

They also talked about moving on from Skinner eventually if someone internally can be promoted after next season. They discuss basically handing him to Chicago for cap relief or a buy out.

The team is honing in on an identity. Last year, they went all out with offense, and this year, defense. The team needs to balance that and be suffocating to play against but fast enough and skilled enough to make teams pay for mistakes. They HOPE that's coming next year.
    I know I'm a bit of a broken record on this, but I feel like the bolded parts were true a year ago. We should be a year into enforcing an identity on our opponents rather than still finding it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I know I'm a bit of a broken record on this, but I feel like the bolded parts were true a year ago. We should be a year into enforcing an identity on our opponents rather than still finding it.
    They mention that it's clear in the later stages of this season, that it's slowly coming together and that's why the team has found more success.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Our captain was traded so he can have a shot at winning before retires. Nothing more.
    It’d be supremely ironic if the Sabres run into him again in the playoff.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's telling that the previously crappy Philadelphia Flyers are currently in the play-offs and the Sabres are far outside, the Flyers with a lousy roster and traded key pieces away but still there. What does it tell? Tortorella is >>> at coaching players than Don Granato is. Another second class pick by a Buffalo owner. It is infuriating to look at the standings and see the Flyers there and the Sabres languishing so far outside.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Casey Mittelstadt -> 5 points in his last 5 games.

Much like the stupid move in not retaining Reinhart, they let another good center get away.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 091735.pngScreenshot 2024-03-23 091735.png

Thanks
    Thanked 9,193 Times in 5,920 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's telling that the previously crappy Philadelphia Flyers are currently in the play-offs and the Sabres are far outside, the Flyers with a lousy roster and traded key pieces away but still there. What does it tell? Tortorella is >>> at coaching players than Don Granato is. Another second class pick by a Buffalo owner. It is infuriating to look at the standings and see the Flyers there and the Sabres languishing so far outside.
    There was obscene over achievements all over the place last year on offense.

start over.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

20. Post thanked by:

sukie (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,859 Times in 3,506 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Casey Mittelstadt -> 5 points in his last 5 games.

Much like the stupid move in not retaining Reinhart, they let another good center get away.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 091735.pngScreenshot 2024-03-23 091735.png
    We picked up a pretty damn good blue liner for him.

22. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (03-25-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    We picked up a pretty damn good blue liner for him.
    I was going to say. Yeah, they gave up a good player, but got a good player with higher upside in return.

It's a trade both teams should like.

24. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-25-2024)