X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Sabres News & Notes 2

As the original thread has been broken for some time and no one has fixed it....

This post is an update on Jack Quinn, injured 3 weeks ago. We were told 8 week recovery timetable. So end of March. Now on IR.

Sabres' Jack Quinn: On injured reserve

Quinn (lower body) was placed on injured reserve Thursday, according to Lance Lysowski of The Buffalo News.

Quinn has five goals and 12 points in 17 contests in 2023-24. He underwent surgery Jan. 29 and his initial timetable for recovery was penciled in at eight weeks, so being put on IR doesn't impact his outlook.

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres News & Notes 2

There's no reason to bring him back this season.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      There's no reason to bring him back this season.
      He's a HUGE part of next year. I really hope, barring some huge win streak that moves them up the standings ladder (and that won't happen) they let him rest
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
        • Sep 2023

Really depends what was wrong was him, exactly. And that if they let him back that he's 100% recovered. Otherwise, I would agree there is no point in rushing him back. But the vague injury reporting, it's hard to know.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Tom sent me a video privately and Im so happy, I wanted to share this.

Old friend Cody hodgson is attempting a comeback. He scored a goal for the Chicago Wolves last night. 8 years after he retired.

Great for him.
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

We are excited to announce renovations to KeyBank Center for the 2024-25 season, including a state-of-the-art videoboard and a new roof to the arena! More information: https://bufsabres.co/3IetTbt

New scoreboard rendering
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
              Not quite Best in the World....
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
              I saw it...and it looks kinda sweet; almost in line with the Bell Centre in Montreal and Place Bell in Laval, Que.(just outside Montreal; that one is maybe about 2/3rds the size of the Bell Centre's). Also, there are two underscreens on the board's underbelly which will help fans that are relatively close to the ice(or floor, depending on what's being held there).

A new roof for the top of KBC is also being put in place; a local company will handle that installation.
              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
                I saw it...and it looks kinda sweet; almost in line with the Bell Centre in Montreal and Place Bell in Laval, Que.(just outside Montreal; that one is maybe about 2/3rds the size of the Bell Centre's). Also, there are two underscreens on the board's underbelly which will help fans that are relatively close to the ice(or floor, depending on what's being held there).

A new roof for the top of KBC is also being put in place; a local company will handle that installation.
                New seats HAVE to be in the works soon. And I hope they mimic the old Auds pattern and colors
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                  He's a HUGE part of next year. I really hope, barring some huge win streak that moves them up the standings ladder (and that won't happen) they let him rest
                  I agree with this. If a miracle happens and the Sabres somehow sneak back into contention by the time he's healthy, then they have to go for broke and play him.

If things stay the way they are, then I'm with Novacane. Don't risk it.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    I agree with this. If a miracle happens and the Sabres somehow sneak back into contention by the time he's healthy, then they have to go for broke and play him.

If things stay the way they are, then I'm with Novacane. Don't risk it.
                    No I agree. Let him sit out the rest of the year unless circumstances force him to play
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Jost called up. Skinner injured. Not sure how serious, but he needed imaging
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• T&C
                        • Sep 2023

A winning team would also be a nice addition.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

A new roof?

"From an ownership perspective, I will enhance the fan experience by ensuring they remain dry while indoors at our arena."

He's "enhancing the game day experience" by making sure the arena can do the basic functions of a building. Thanks Pegs.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            A new roof?

"From an ownership perspective, I will enhance the fan experience by ensuring they remain dry while indoors at our arena."

He's "enhancing the game day experience" by making sure the arena can do the basic functions of a building. Thanks Pegs.
                            They had a good laugh about that on the maintenance day cast.

The scoreboard looks nice. But it's very middle of the road compared to what other teams already have.

How much you wanna bet in 5 or 6 years, it's one the smallest in the league and super dated
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                              • Sep 2023

Sometimes fun to look at deep stats. Look at the Sabres takeaways and giveaways. Who's good and who's not...

As we know, Dahlin is a giveaway machine. He, Power, and Cozens are not good. OTOH Tuch, Benson and Peterka have many more takeaways than giveaways.

Check out the latest Buffalo Sabres Roster, Stats, Injuries, Scores, Results, Shootouts and more on Hockey-Reference.com

Comment

Working...
                              X