X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: Sabres News & Notes 2

Don waddell resigned from the canes as their president and GM. It's been reported three teams are after him (in what role, I'm unsure) and Buffalo is one. Columbus is another. I kinda wonder if they are hiring his as president or GM and Adams moves up. If they can get him and the rumor is true
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
      • Sep 2023

Columbus got him.

Comment

• DetoxTent
        • Sep 2023

Kings Arthur Kaliyev Requests Trade, Islanders Should Inquire

Kaliyev is a 22 year old 6' 2" 210 lbs left shot RW who has asked for a trade out of Los Angeles. Said to be low risk, possible high reward. Would slot into 3rd or 4th line most likely.

STATS

The New York Islanders have been desperate for young talent for some time now, and an opportunity may have just presented itself.

Restricted free agent forward Arthur Kaliyev has requested a trade from the Los Angeles Kings, according to David Pagnotta of the Fourth Period.

The right winger scored seven goals with eight assists for 15 points in 51 regular season games, a step back from his 2022-23 production, when he scored 13 goals with 15 assists for 28 points in 56 games.

Kaliyev was once a highly touted prospect for Los Angeles, ranked No. 25 in The Athletic’s league-wide prospect rankings in 2021.

Drafted 33rd overall in 2019, the now 22-year-old has since graduated to the big leagues but stagnated in his progress with the Kings.

Clearly, Kaliyev believes his situation in California isn't the best spot for him to grow.

As cliche as it is, Kaliyev is a worthy acquisition because of his potential value at a low cost.

His draft pedigree and previous production (0.5 points per game in 2022-23) with low ice time indicate that he still has a higher ceiling. The Kings would also have little leverage, as Kaliyev’s lowered production and mutual interest in a trade makes him a buy-low option.

Trading for a restricted free agent like Kaliyev would also give the Islanders more security with contract negotiations—they wouldn’t have to rely on persuasion during free agency.

Kaliyev’s buy-low potential and fit on the roster should intrigue management to at least consider a trade.

Regarding the cap situation, the Islanders have $6.15 million in available space before re-signing anyone.

Kaliyev's expiring deal carried a cap hit of $894,167 per CapFriendly, and it's likely that he would get around $950,000 annually.

A Kaliyev trade would allow the Islanders to keep most assets while injecting talent into the roster.

By acquiring Kaliyev, however, the Islanders would receive a winger who can slot into third-line minutes and also play both sides.

Fun fact is that he was born in Uzbekistan but moved to Staten Island when he was two. He then moved to Michigan when he was 13.
        Last edited by DetoxTent; 06-03-2024, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• DetoxTent
          • Sep 2023

Rumors. Time to go out and get the next Jeff Skinner?

Friedman: “You know, we mentioned on your show the other day, it’s like (Devils GM) Tom Fitzgerald went on the record, NHL.com, and said his 10th pick is available. I think Buffalo’s 11th Pick is available too.

I don’t think they’re just gonna do it to do it. But they’ve got it out there. And they say if you are really interested in that pick, and it’s something that will help us, we’ll do it.

Like they’ve, and the thing is like, they haven’t limited to ‘we want this.’ They’re willing to move down, get more assets. They’re willing to get a player for it. Like I think they’re really interested in another top-six forward. That’s what I think they’re looking for. And if they can find one, they will do it. That’s what a couple of teams have told me.

Now one of the things that Buffalo has indicated is, you know, they’ve got a bunch of their guys signed, obviously, but they have the next wave of players coming and eventually they’re going to sign, have to sign those guys too. And they don’t want to walk themselves into cap problems.

Comment

Working...
          X