• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Araiza signed

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
    I'd be looking for both positions to see change.

The placekicker is obvious.

Punter pulls a hammy running 15 yards ...... no thanks we need a better athlete.
    You Araiza a good point

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
      You Araiza a good point
      There was no good araizan for the Bills to not at least approach the kid after he was cleared.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

A few of us had the wait and see before we convicted Punt God.

Others (the usual left) had him convicted and wanted him gone.

How convenient the threads are gone from back then.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

The Bills couldn't take the heat ...... too bad really.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

I'm sure if we had made the offer he would have taken the employment.

I'm sure he was pissed however.
            If the Bills had been the only suitor, sure. But it wouldn't surprise me that there were several teams interested, and the Chefs were the obvious choice.
            Last edited by Goobylal; 02-28-2024, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Punt the least of any punter in the league. Stand on the sideline and watch Mahomes knock the team that presumed you guilty out of the playoffs again. Get a super bowl ring. If there were other teams interested. picking KC was an easy choice.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                Punt the least of any punter in the league. Stand on the sideline and watch Mahomes knock the team that presumed you guilty out of the playoffs again. Get a super bowl ring. If there were other teams interested. picking KC was an easy choice.
                Yeah I can see that view. But to me if I was a guy that could punt the ball 80 yards I'd want to sign with the worst team in the league so I could do what I do a LOT. The fun of sports is PLAYING not watching.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

It almost didn't matter what anyone believed or didn't believe I don't think. The Bills were in a tough spot. You had to take the accusation seriously. But the problem was no one knew what the facts were and it took like a year for Araiza to get exonerated. Exactly what were the Bills supposed to do? Carry an extra punter on the roster?

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

It almost didn't matter what anyone believed or didn't believe I don't think. The Bills were in a tough spot. You had to take the accusation seriously. But the problem was no one knew what the facts were and it took like a year for Araiza to get exonerated. Exactly what were the Bills supposed to do? Carry an extra punter on the roster?
                    They wouldn't have been in any spot if they had passed on him, like a couple of other teams had.

We could have had, and the guy I wanted, Stonehouse with the same pick or as an UDFA. No headaches, which the team should have been aware of going in.

Beane ****ed up, plain and simple.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      They wouldn't have been in any spot if they had passed on him, like a couple of other teams had.

We could have had, and the guy I wanted, Stonehouse with the same pick or as an UDFA. No headaches, which the team should have been aware of going in.

ok

Burn him at the stake he wasted a 6th rounder. It will never happen again. Except probably this year.

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

ok

Burn him at the stake he wasted a 6th rounder. It will never happen again. Except probably this year.
                        lol. Gotta love the hyperbole we’re all guilty of at times on the interwebs. This time it’s Yardie with the zinger…

Beane fvdfed up a sixth round pick

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                            They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.
                              The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.

Comment

• Novacane
                                • Jul 2002

The Bills couldn't take the heat ...... too bad really.
                                But they could take the heat with Von?

Comment

Working...
                                X