Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Araiza signed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 984 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Araiza signed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    ok

Burn him at the stake he wasted a 6th rounder. It will never happen again. Except probably this year.
    lol. Gotta love the hyperbole we’re all guilty of at times on the interwebs. This time it’s Yardie with the zinger…

Beane fvdfed up a sixth round pick

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Punt the least of any punter in the league. Stand on the sideline and watch Mahomes knock the team that presumed you guilty out of the playoffs again. Get a super bowl ring. If there were other teams interested. picking KC was an easy choice.
    They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    It almost didn't matter what anyone believed or didn't believe I don't think. The Bills were in a tough spot. You had to take the accusation seriously. But the problem was no one knew what the facts were and it took like a year for Araiza to get exonerated. Exactly what were the Bills supposed to do? Carry an extra punter on the roster?
    The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They wouldn't have been in any spot if they had passed on him, like a couple of other teams had.

We could have had, and the guy I wanted, Stonehouse with the same pick or as an UDFA. No headaches, which the team should have been aware of going in.

Beane ****ed up, plain and simple.
    Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-02-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,710 Times in 7,767 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

The Bills made the correct decision letting him go. He would have been a distraction for the court of public opinion.

Please. It's not Beane's fault some whore and her shyster lawyer falsely accused him.

Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Good points Gooby.

The Bills signing Araiza even at this time (much worse when the controversy first hit) would still offer up the " distraction for the court of public opinion".

Even though I said that "The bills may be kicking themselves for not signing Araiza, sooner rather than later." that was a knee jerk reaction that rose more from KC signing him than what it meant for the quality of the Bills roster.

A punter is pretty low on the priority for the Bills.
    The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,424 Times in 7,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    The Bills couldn't take the heat ...... too bad really.
    But they could take the heat with Von?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,424 Times in 7,292 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 6,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Too much committed ..... bet they actually hoped he be dragged away.

Then the cap gets immediate relief JMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 6,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.
    They lost 6 games so it did have some effect ..... just not enough quite yet.

Winning the division will be a real test this coming season IMO.

Harbaugh will make a huge difference in L.A.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Von wasn't accused of raping a child and then having a gang bang with her and his teammates.

Doubtful. Especially if Burrow is healthy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.
    The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL. The only thing I believe the Bills could have done is put him on the suspended list, but they would have had to face bad press and protestors the entire season (SDPD announced charges wouldn't be filed against him in mid-December) and would have had to pay him his $1M salary and pay another punter on top of it. It wasn't worth it for a punter who hadn't even played in a real game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL.
    Why is that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guess I base my opinion on everything these guys do on if someone called the league and had the discussion with them about the crock of **** that got dropped on top of them and the league made it clear they "DO NOT" have the Bills back.

It's a very sticky situation and possible the Bills reacted poorly we will never know until the book comes out -- "IF" there is a book. They had put up with a lot of bull**** already and no doubt were dug in with the league. It was the beginning of a new season. How do the most difficult things get handled?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why is that?
    It's just the way it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's just the way it is.
    Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.
    It is true. It was likely something wanted by the NFLPA.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,710 Times in 7,767 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.
    Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.
    Biden's as crooked as the day is long. Don't even start here.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,467 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Keep the politics to the Spin Zone.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!