Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sean McDermott: It’s a matter of when, not if, we win a Super Bowl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sean McDermott: It’s a matter of when, not if, we win a Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    and that's the bottomline.
    And that's the thing that "trust the process" refuses to correct as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm encouraged about the hiring of all these coaches.

One of the things I keep seeing symptoms of with my limited constrained view if the difficulty sometimes the players can have translating what the coaches want them to do. The team can seem to get situationally paralyzed. It is not everyone playing like ****. They are getting pushed into the zone of proximal development then left there. It could just be because they are still kids being mentored as adults ... and they are adults too but they were just so close to being gifted kids you don't just take that away with a birthday.

The coaching has to learn how to translate it's values better and be clearer what it is asking the players to do.

This is big. So is what we are seeing evidence of learning or is it McDermott's reaction to getting overwhelmed last season and being a little more DC and a little less HC than he would have like to have been?

It matters in McDermott's heart and soul because what ends up playing it's way back out on the field is all of these people adding a lot of value and things being more dynamic than we have been seeing while at the same time players making less mistakes and the team looking like they are alert as opposed to a deer in headlights.

3. Post thanked by:

Woodman (03-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 6,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    And that's the thing that "trust the process" refuses to correct as well.
    Agreed it's a big problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 6,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I'm encouraged about the hiring of all these coaches.

One of the things I keep seeing symptoms of with my limited constrained view if the difficulty sometimes the players can have translating what the coaches want them to do. The team can seem to get situationally paralyzed. It is not everyone playing like ****. They are getting pushed into the zone of proximal development then left there. It could just be because they are still kids being mentored as adults ... and they are adults too but they were just so close to being gifted kids you don't just take that away with a birthday.

The coaching has to learn how to translate it's values better and be clearer what it is asking the players to do.

This is big. So is what we are seeing evidence of learning or is it McDermott's reaction to getting overwhelmed last season and being a little more DC and a little less HC than he would have like to have been?

It matters in McDermott's heart and soul because what ends up playing it's way back out on the field is all of these people adding a lot of value and things being more dynamic than we have been seeing while at the same time players making less mistakes and the team looking like they are alert as opposed to a deer in headlights.
    Excellent post!!