• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Sean McDermott: It’s a matter of when, not if, we win a Super Bowl

McDermott has gone 73-41 in the regular season since becoming the Bills’ head coach in 2017 and the Bills have advanced to the postseason in all but one of his seasons with the team, but they have not been able to get past the Chiefs or Bengals over the last five seasons. While that’s led to questions from others about whether McDermott is the right coach to push the Bills over the finish line, there’s no inner doubt about what the future holds for the team.

“It’s not a matter of if. It’s just a matter of when,” McDermott said, via Tim Graham of TheAthletic.com. “That is the relentless pursuit.”

Sean McDermott- It's a matter of when, not if, we win a Super Bowl - NBC Sports

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Sean McDermott: It’s a matter of when, not if, we win a Super Bowl

The full interview and article that NBC Sports refers to is from (where else...the best sports media source) The Athletic, by Tim Graham. It is a fantastic article....

Undeterred in Super Bowl pursuit, Bills coach Sean McDermott says “when, not if”

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

And a big problem he has is being submersed in believing his own narcissistic bull**** and not making adjustments. Same ole same ole will get the same results .... so I say it remains an "IF".

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm tired of the rhetoric.

Shut up until you put up.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

The arrogance knows no bounds.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

I’m not the guys biggest supporter but don’t understand the hate on this comment. You gotta believe before you achieve.

Also he’s now just bet his reputation. Takes courage and I commend him for it.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
              I’m not the guys biggest supporter but don’t understand the hate on this comment. You gotta believe before you achieve.

Humble and hungry. Not

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

What else is he going to say? "Super Bowl? Nah, I really don't see that happening."?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  What else is he going to say? "Super Bowl? Nah, I really don't see that happening."?
                  He could have easily said nothing. There was no gun to his head. Most coaches (including McDermott) anre very good ant saying nothing most of the time… even when they’re speaking.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

There have been good coaches who have won one Super Bowl due to a series of bounces going their way. Can't say definitively McDermott can't be one of those guys because he can.

That is 'IF' talk.

'When' talk starts when McDermotts name belongs with Belicheck; Reid; Parcells; Shula...

Give me a ****ing break. McDermott is humble my ass. I want to love the guy and be all excited like a lot of people but my truth is the likely hood is he's already coached his best team and he's not going to be able to get over the hump. It is NOT Josh Allen as this late game cluster**** of communication has been here since the moment McDermott got here not Allen.

McDermott is charged with examining everything and making it better -- that includes himself. He's not humble enough and too committed to things that are tried and true marginal. He deserves the criticism in this thread. McDermott has a giant painting of himself hanging over his desk and is more like Dark Helmut than Darth Vader.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Whatever Sean. I've tuned you out.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

So he didn’t believe the past 5 years when he didn’t achieve? It only gets harder from here.

The window is slammed shut. KC is way ahead of us. We can’t beat Cincy when Burrow is healthy. Jax, Houston, Baltimore, Cleveland… Miami is right on our heels and NJB is a threat if Rodgers is healthy. The conf is getting harder, not easier, and we can’t make up ground cuz of the cap.

Allen and McD will never win a SB in Buffalo. Their chance has come and gone.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DetoxTent
                          • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                          And a big problem he has is being submersed in believing his own narcissistic bull**** and not making adjustments. Same ole same ole will get the same results .... so I say it remains an "IF".
                          And now Beane's contracts have caught up with themselves. Even with the bump in cap. Why did he agree to this year's number for Von Miller when he did that contract?

Comment

• DetoxTent
                            • Sep 2023

It's the off-season. Nobody's listening. They're just words. Let's see the actions. The actions haven't matched the words with McDermott.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

I like the confidence and I’m sure his players appreciate that attitude. The NFL is tough.

Comment

Working...
                              X