• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

The Bills need a quarterback to back up Josh Allen in 2024

Buffalo Bills need a QB to back up Josh Allen in 2024- Some options

The free agent QB market is filled with veterans who would fit well behind a QB who never misses games, guys like Sam Darnold, Jacoby Brissett, Tyler Huntley, Carson Wentz, Gardner Minschew, Jake Browning, Tyrod Taylor and Marcus Mariota. But the salary range for them would likely land between $1.5 million and $5 million on a one-year deal.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: The Bills need a quarterback to back up Josh Allen in 2024

We’ve had absolute skid row bums as backup QBs during Allen’s entire career. We’ve been lucky so far with his durability but I’d rather not press our luck any longer and finally get a capable backup.

Browning, Mariotta or Minshew off that list would work nicely.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
      We’ve had absolute skid row bums as backup QBs during Allen’s entire career. We’ve been lucky so far with his durability but I’d rather not press our luck any longer and finally get a capable backup.

Browning, Mariotta or Minshew off that list would work nicely.
      Agreed .... if we could have any one of those 3 who would be your choice?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
        Agreed .... if we could have any one of those 3 who would be your choice?
        I like those guys in the order I listed.

Browning played extremely well. Mariotta has legs. Minshew is a better Fitzpatrick.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

I like those guys in the order I listed.

Browning played extremely well. Mariotta has legs. Minshew is a better Fitzpatrick.
          Browning would be my 1st choice as well ..... kind of by a lot!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

meh. If Josh goes down for more than 3 games, we're screwed no matter who the backup is.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              meh. If Josh goes down for more than 3 games, we're screwed no matter who the backup is.
              Not really.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

I thought in your world that even with a healthy Josh Allen we’re already screwed and the window is sealed shut.

How do we get more screwed than a sealed shut window?

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  Not really.
                  I agree with chicken little. Allen goes down… bills get a kick A draft pick the following offseason.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I thought in your world that even with a healthy Josh Allen we’re already screwed and the window is sealed shut.

Uhhhh are you seriously asking that? If Josh goes down for an extended period of time, we're looking at a 4 win season vs hovering around .500.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      I agree with chicken little. Allen goes down… bills get a kick A draft pick the following offseason.
                      more than 3 is 4 ..... no way that spells the end with a backup such as Browning.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Uhhhh are you seriously asking that? If Josh goes down for an extended period of time, we're looking at a 4 win season vs hovering around .500.
                          With Kyle Allen maybe. With a competent backup we’d win 10. The team is good despite your protestations.

Also you must have a different definition of screwed than I do?

You don’t think we have a chance at a ring…that’s the definition of screwed to me.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

now you moved the goalposts ..... you said more than 3 games ..... stick to what you post.

4 games is more than 3.

you're a devout pessimist.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

With Kyle Allen maybe. With a competent backup we’d win 10. The team is good despite your protestations.

Also you must have a different definition of screwed than I do?

You don’t think we have a chance at a ring…that’s the definition of screwed to me.

Get ready for the goalposts to be moved again.

Comment

Working...
                              X