• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: The Bills need a quarterback to back up Josh Allen in 2024

Originally posted by Woodman View Post

Get ready for the goalposts to be moved again.
    Bro is the absolute troll king at that. I spar with him on rare occasion when I’m super bored knowing full well the rabbit hole that I’ll be diving into with him.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
      Bro is the absolute troll king at that. I spar with him on rare occasion when I’m super bored knowing full well the rabbit hole that I’ll be diving into with him.
      entertainment purposes only.

nobody in real life is that big a pessimist ..... maybe a closet Browns fan.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
      163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• sukie
        • Sep 2012

Last years Bills were WR deficient hidden in Josh’s shadow.

no back up was winning with that group, a new OC and a brittle D

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

no contending team can have their starter out for 7 or more games ..... 3 or 4 now that's different altogether ..... 17 game schedule keeps you alive .... 14 teams make the playoffs.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
          163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Uhhhh are you seriously asking that? If Josh goes down for an extended period of time, we're looking at a 4 win season vs hovering around .500.
            My definition of a good backup is a guy who can go 4-4 if your QB is out two months. Playoffs are absolutely still in play under that scenario. Cleveland had a better record than us this year under an even worse scenario.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Brissett or Mariota. Need a guy with some arm who at least plays the same general style of game to minimize how much you need to change your offense. Minshew outside of that...he can win some games.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Uhhhh are you seriously asking that? If Josh goes down for an extended period of time, we're looking at a 4 win season vs hovering around .500.
                Who the big FA loss that's going to cause such a big turn around from last season? There's some guys I'd of liked to keep but we're not losing any game changers.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Who the big FA loss that's going to cause such a big turn around from last season? There's some guys I'd of liked to keep but we're not losing any game changers.
                  That’s just the trollking doing his thing. He wasn’t referring to the team construction going into next season he’s implying that the team as was constructed last season was a dumpster fire outside of Josh.

Comment

• sukie
                    • Sep 2012

Josh Rosen? The right Josh for the right role.

Cheap too!

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      Josh Rosen? The right Josh for the right role.

Cheap too!
                      Haha dude is probably a high school assistant coach already.

You got the Josh part right though. Allen that is. That would be sublime to have two of the best players in the league at their positions who both are named Josh Allen.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

If they get to later day one or day two pick and there was a QB they had rated high up there it would be nice to see them pick the guy and try and develop someone under a rookie contract. If this person ends up being a good NFL QB that would be an amazing problem to have.

If we don't have Josh Allen on the field we need another RB as much as we need another QB. I enjoy seeing Allen play FB and we get tactical advantages but you take Allen out of the equation the offense looks different. Josh Allen can be a punishing runner at any moment. I don't even care if you we don't see that angle on him much they have to be ready for it. We've got a big problem trying to win games in the NFL with the running attack we employ without Allen on the field. Another QB can be successful. Guys can step up and be bigger. We can win with another QB to say that is not the case is kind of silly. I mean a rookie who ended up being the right individual on the right path can really put up some numbers.

I say the same thing every year a QB selection is not a bad thing at any time you see a guy you think can make it and he's accessible.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Just as long as it isn't one of Josh's friends, and will be an asset in the film room and on the sideline.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Is Jeff Tuel available?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡