Combine 40 record broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Combine 40 record broken!

WR Xavier Worthy, Texas: 4.21

Faster than Usain Bolt

Adonai Mitchell and Brian Thomas both ran themselves into the top 20.

This is a really fast WR group.

Except for Keon Coleman. Slower than Drake London (his comp) and can't separate.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    • Apr 2004

Re: Combine 40 record broken!

Thomas: 4.33 (at 6'3" 205!)
    Mitchell: 4.34

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

4.21 let's take him.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

he's fast, but football isn't a 40 yard run.

i looked him up when i read this thread, and the first video was him taking a 1 yard pass 54 yards, with some great speed... and hilariously he was caught from behind by a linebacker in the open field. he's very fast, but running in pads is very different from running in the combine in shorts.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

He also cut weight to try and set the record.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

4.21 the guy's a jet .... can he catch a football?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• cookie G
              • Mar 2003

I agree with what Greg Cossell has been saying for the past couple of years, we need a true deep threat.

This year has a bunch of them. There are 9 receivers who ran a sub 4.4 this year. None of them were named Troy Franklin...who isn't slow. Nearly all have show some ability besides just pure speed. And none of them are considered in the top 3 wrs in the draft, so there is a better chance one of them falls.

If Thomas or AD Mitchell is there at 28, sprint to the podium. If they get close to 28, make a trade.

Legette is..and remains an intrigue. I don't care that he's 6'1 instead of 6'3", when you watch him go up for a ball, you understand why people thought he was taller. I worry more about the 1 year of production, but part of it could be some bad QB play before Rattler showed up. He is one that due diligence of the scouts is paramount.

Worthy, idk..pure speed is obvious on the field. There are areas of concern...but in the end, if you believe the axiom that speed kills...you have to take a long look at him.

This isn't a year I'd want to wait until the bottom of the 2nd for a deep threat. I'll take my chances in the 1st.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                • Apr 2004

Not sold on Worthy, either. Probably more John Ross than Tyreek Hill.

My money is on Mitchell being legit.

And Ricky Pearsall later.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  I agree with what Greg Cossell has been saying for the past couple of years, we need a true deep threat.

This year has a bunch of them. There are 9 receivers who ran a sub 4.4 this year. None of them were named Troy Franklin...who isn't slow. Nearly all have show some ability besides just pure speed. And none of them are considered in the top 3 wrs in the draft, so there is a better chance one of them falls.

If Thomas or AD Mitchell is there at 28, sprint to the podium. If they get close to 28, make a trade.

Legette is..and remains an intrigue. I don't care that he's 6'1 instead of 6'3", when you watch him go up for a ball, you understand why people thought he was taller. I worry more about the 1 year of production, but part of it could be some bad QB play before Rattler showed up. He is one that due diligence of the scouts is paramount.

Worthy, idk..pure speed is obvious on the field. There are areas of concern...but in the end, if you believe the axiom that speed kills...you have to take a long look at him.

This isn't a year I'd want to wait until the bottom of the 2nd for a deep threat. I'll take my chances in the 1st.
                  Leggette, Mitchell or Thomas.

One or more of those three will be available at 28. I hope we grab one and save the DB for the 2nd round.

Leggette is 40ish pounds heavier than Franklin and Worth and still ran a sub 4.4…can’t teach natural size. This dude would be a modern day Eric Moulds for us (except Leggette is even more jacked). Also Beane talked to him and he seemed very excited about the Bills and JA…I’m in.

This is a pretty deep DB class as well so we’ll be able to get someone good there. Who knows maybe Kinchens drops due to his mediocre combine results or Nate Wiggins drops due to his injury?

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                    Leggette, Mitchell or Thomas.

One or more of those three will be available at 28. I hope we grab one and save the DB for the 2nd round.

Leggette is 40ish pounds heavier than Franklin and Worth and still ran a sub 4.4…can’t teach natural size. This dude would be a modern day Eric Moulds for us (except Leggette is even more jacked). Also Beane talked to him and he seemed very excited about the Bills and JA…I’m in.

This is a pretty deep DB class as well so we’ll be able to get someone good there. Who knows maybe Kinchens drops due to his mediocre combine results or Nate Wiggins drops due to his injury?
                    I like the idea more and more.

We should go WR 1st.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

When can we go for the Center and DT gotta find a couple beasts there as well.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        • Apr 2004

You're taking a pretty big risk with Leggette since he only has the one year of good production.

I don't think McBeane will be all that keen given all the needs this team has on defense.

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                          You're taking a pretty big risk with Leggette since he only has the one year of good production.

I don't think McBeane will be all that keen given all the needs this team has on defense.
                          The draft is nothing but risk. Every pick is at least as much about luck as it is due diligence…sometimes gotta roll the dice. Beane was keen enough to seek him out for a conversation/interview. We’ve seen Beane telegraph moves in the past…

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Who’s record did he break? Was he any good?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                              The draft is nothing but risk. Every pick is at least as much about luck as it is due diligence…sometimes gotta roll the dice. Beane was keen enough to seek him out for a conversation/interview. We’ve seen Beane telegraph moves in the past…
                              Yes. Agreed. But risk is a sliding scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X