Re: Bates traded to Bears

Ditka was entertaining

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      true monsters of the midway .... as it was meant to be when your talking Dah Bears.
      They were fun to watch.

They told you they were gonna kick your azs and then proceeded to do so.

They used to give William “The Refrigerator” Perry a big old DT the ball sometimes on goal line…I don’t know if he ever did NOT get in lol.

Pats used to use DL players on O as well. Not sure why more teams don’t try. I’d love to see Ed Oliver get a shot running it in on goal line for example.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
        Anti-OL Posters here will need to stay calm because the Bills are drafting 2 OL this year in their first 3 picks -- Centre and OT (NOT necessarily in that order).
        I'll bet you an all expenses paid visit to Ticat's bunker that this is not going to happen.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

The cap hit savings is minimal this year, but from my extremely novice understanding of the cap, trading Bates will save the Bills over $5million in each of the next two years. Considering how the team seems to be up against the cap every year, this could've been a move with the future cap in mind moreso than 2024. Can any cap gurus confirm?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
            The cap hit savings is minimal this year, but from my extremely novice understanding of the cap, trading Bates will save the Bills over $5million in each of the next two years. Considering how the team seems to be up against the cap every year, this could've been a move with the future cap in mind moreso than 2024. Can any cap gurus confirm?
            It's basically saying they think Alec Andersen who makes roughly 1 million, and is an ERFA after this year, can do just as good, if not better of a job than Bates, who makes 5 million this year and next. They eat 4 million against the cap this year, but get a 5th round pick out of it. If they had waited until after June to cut him, they'd have saved most of that 4 million, but get nothing in return.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

David Edward's is back.. $6 million for 2 years..... backup guard spot taken care of.. alec anderson.. and almost a dozen draft picks

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍