X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

I think the Bills will draft an OT

Both Dawkins and Brown have one year left. I'm not sure they can carry two big contracts at tackle spot while having to pay a top 3 QB and a top tier WR1. Ideally you say let Dawkins play out his contract and pay Brown because 5 years age difference. But I think they may extend Dawkins. Already Dawkins has 2 voidable contract years. It shows how much they like him.
    2024 30 $9,300,000 $1,720,000 $500,000 $250,000 $1,875,000 $250,000 $2,714,833 $16,609,833 $11,739,499 $10,300,000($59,389,406) $11,877,881 [COLOR=#CC3333 !important][/COLOR]
    2025 31 - - - - - - $2,714,833 $5,429,666 $5,429,666 - [COLOR=#CC3333 !important][/COLOR]
    2026 32 - - - - - - $2,714,833 $2,714,833 - - [COLOR=#CC3333 !important][/COLOR]
    But I'd not want to go too crazy because Dawkins' weight is still a concern from time to time, especially when he gets older. Ideally go with two years extension. Brown, on the other hand, has the chronicle back issue which is riskier and his frame - the base - is narrow which means he will always has trouble with some rushers. Dawkins is a better player than Brown overall.

They will probably draft one and let Kromer to groom and then try to extend one of them.
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Re: I think the Bills will draft an OT

Yup

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

We're probably going to need two olinemen from this draft to make the final roster, OT and C/G.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

They will extend both Dawkins and Brown, IMO.

They might draft an OT, but it won't be until mid to late rounds, IMO.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

A Center out of this draft is all but certain. Only question is what round.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            We're probably going to need two olinemen from this draft to make the final roster, OT and C/G.
            Agree 100%

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
              A Center out of this draft is all but certain. Only question is what round.
              It's one of my priorities and a pretty important one at that.

With a comp pick headed our way we will have 11 picks.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                It's one of my priorities and a pretty important one at that.

With a comp pick headed our way we will have 11 picks.
                I'm pretty sure the comp picks have already been distributed, no?

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the comp picks have already been distributed, no?
                  I'll start a thread of all projected comp picks from March 4th.

The simple answer to your question is no.

We are expected to receive a 3rd round pick.

We traded our own.
                  Last edited by Woodman; 03-05-2024, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

There are a lot of tackles and a lot of receivers in this draft. Beane will have opportunities to get a couple good players at those positions with the 1st 2 picks in either order

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      There are a lot of tackles and a lot of receivers in this draft. Beane will have opportunities to get a couple good players at those positions with the 1st 2 picks in either order
                      I hate to pigeon hole us to a position for a particular round. I do doubt that we are not taking a defensive player who can step in to play day one.

Dean Kindig has tracked the Bills scouting and meeting draft prospects for many years now. He had the following chart from combine, for 24 players. Each team meets about 70+ players so it is just a small sample. Plenty D players. Last column is a weighted number of Bills scouting of the team (I don't like the association to players).
                      The above chart made Sunday 3/3/24 2:30pm EST has all the Bills' meetings with players at the Combine. They are in order of their current rank on the BuffaloFAMBase Big Board, available for mock draft simulations on FanSpeak.com. The Bills' draft picks are highlighted in orange in the first column.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

By the way Dean Kindig, aka Astro, is someone in the mold of Joe Buscaglia like reporters who try to get into the Bills management mindset and predict what the next move will be. Kindig is especially on draft. For example, last year before the draft, he had the following chart for Round 1 and 2:

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

For round 3 and 4, he had Dorian Williams in there as well.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

Then in round 5 and 6, he had Justin Shorter in there again.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                              I hate to pigeon hole us to a position for a particular round. I do doubt that we are not taking a defensive player who can step in to play day one.

Dean Kindig has tracked the Bills scouting and meeting draft prospects for many years now. He had the following chart from combine, for 24 players. Each team meets about 70+ players so it is just a small sample. Plenty D players. Last column is a weighted number of Bills scouting of the team (I don't like the association to players).
                              The above chart made Sunday 3/3/24 2:30pm EST has all the Bills' meetings with players at the Combine. They are in order of their current rank on the BuffaloFAMBase Big Board, available for mock draft simulations on FanSpeak.com. The Bills' draft picks are highlighted in orange in the first column.

Brian Thomas and Audric Estime are going to be day one starters (in rotation) they’d alone make this draft a win, any other hits would be gravy.

Comment

Working...
                              X