Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,517 Times in 15,596 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Thanks for posting that, OP.

I just can't take any list like that seriously, that has Dallas in the top 10 for doing nothing.

Cinci lost a tackle, Miami lost most of their offense, I mean Jeez, it doesn't even list any of the newer acquisitions for Buffalo.

I think SF and Green Bay got better. Not sure why KC is at #1 other than being SB Champs.

The silliest move is Derrick Henry. Baltimore is good, no doubt, but what does he do for them aside from sell already overpriced tickets?

I think Beane has done a masterful job, as he does every year, of bringing in low visibility, high impact, players under budget, like Douglas.

To me that is the essence of a team sport, all 53 pulling in the same direction.

Paul Maguire used to say that FA hurts the losing team more than it helps the receiving team, and I truly believe that.

But the Bills, as well coached as they are, needed to get younger at several positions.

I think they're going to be right in the thick of it again, in what is supposed to be a "transitional" year.

2. Post thanked by:

Michael82 (03-21-2024),OpIv37 (03-21-2024)

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,087 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They still need to do something about the interior of the O Line, but yeah I think they'll be in the mix yet again
    Insert whimsical line here

4. Post thanked by:

kscdogbillsfan1221 (03-22-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,797 Times in 7,837 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Dammit, I said I was tapping but we are killing time waiting for a flight.

https://theathletic.com/5348015/2024...T0Te8nkvaY1abA

The power rankings from the Athletic have the Bills dropping from 7 to 10 after FA. KC remains number 1

In just the AFC, they also have Houston, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Cincy ahead of us. And keep in mind these are NOT simple FA grades. They are overall power rankings.

Notacon- you can disagree with me all you want. You can ignore my arguments in this thread because of things I’ve gotten wrong in the past. But, according to the power rankings form the Athletic that you love to cite, the rich got richer and we got poorer. With the best FA’s already signed and no remaining cap space, we are still behind the top teams in the conf
    Serioulsy?!?!?

Well, I'll call your Power Ranking and RAISE you one...

NFL Power Rankings: Eagles, Falcons jump up after free agency frenzy; Cowboys, Titans slip

1. KC - Obligatory for SB winner
    2. San Fran - Also obligatory for SB loser.
    3. Baltimore - Sure looks obligatory for AFCC loser
    4. Detroit - Sure looks obligatory for NFCC loser

5. Buffalo Bills

The Bills lost Gabe Davis and some depth on defense, which can't be glossed over. But free-agent signee Curtis Samuel is an interesting replacement for Davis. Samuel has connections to both GM Brandon Beane (who was on the Panthers staff that drafted him in 2017) and offensive coordinator Joe Brady (who coached Samuel for a year in Carolina) and can be used in different ways. Cash-wise, Buffalo will be a bit strapped through the draft, although Tre'Davious White's release as a post-June 1 cut will open up some more funds down the road. I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills are able to make a late-summer move after that point to add to their roster.

I don't "ignore my (your) arguments in this thread because of things I’ve gotten wrong in the past" I mock them and do not take as being credible because of the years long anti-Bills diarrhea that has come flowing from your mouth with the additional habit of (as you are doing here) of burying the Bills before they are even CLOSE to being dead, while giving undeserved praise and adulation to OTHER teams.

The idea that "the rich got richer and we got poorer. With the best FA’s already signed and no remaining cap space, we are still behind the top teams in the conf" is TOTAL BULLCRAP!!!!

First of all, the "best FA's" are a matter of wide speculation. No one knows how an expensive FA is going to fit in, or not fit in with their new club (plus injuries being a HUGE unknown). The Bills don't NEED "the best FA's" because their roster was already stellar, and the changes they have made so far, have not diminished that high level in very much of a substantial way.

Additionally the idea that the Bills have "no remaining cap space" is FALSE,. FALSE, FALSE!!!!

The draft is coming up in just five weeks. The Bills have plenty of ammunition and have shown the ability to add impact players recently that have allowed them to move on from aging, expensive vets. THAT'S THE WAY THE NFL WORKS!!!!

You also seem to forget that FA is NOT over. The best FA signing of the Bills had last year, Leo Floyd, was done AFTER JUNE 1. It's no secret that the Bills assigning a post June 1 cut (very smart move) for Tre' White will bring a windfall of $10M in cap pace at that time.

I do like to cite SOME of the writers at The Athletic, but that does not mean that I revere ever word from every writer....I have never even heard of Josh Kendell who is responsible for this ranking.

His resume cites his credentials as "...has been following the Falcons since Jeff Van Note was the richly bearded face of the franchise. For 20 years before joining The Athletic NFL staff, he covered football in the SEC. He also covers golf for The Athletic."

Uhhhhhh....."following the Falcons"???? ....."..covered football in the SEC" ??? (you know I think college football is a joke and nothing even remotely like the NFL)...."...also covers golf"?!?!??! Not inspiring much confidence.

I DO respect and "love to cite" the BEAT writer from The Athletic for the Bills, Joe Buscaglia (and also Tim Graham). BEAT WRITER means that covering the Bills is his ONLY assignment. He is deeply steeped in everything to do with the team.

He happened to publish an update on the Bills "roster rest", cap space...etc....which makes your lame assertion that it's ALL OVER FOR THE BILLS...OH WOES IS ME baloney in the "rich got richer and we got poorer. With the best FA’s already signed and no remaining cap space, we are still behind the top teams in the conf"....look as foolish and short sighted that it is!!

Bills roster reset: Where Buffalo stands with cap space and what other needs remain

At the moment, only one significant deal that we don’t have the 2024 details on yet is floating out there, and that’s the Taron Johnson contract extension. Without that deal, the Bills have a little under $7 million in cap space on their Top 51 by my calculations, with some contract details mixed in from Over the Cap. It is likely to be more than $7 million with Johnson’s new extension, too. Under general manager Brandon Beane, the Bills have made a habit out of securing short-term savings on the current year cap hit when signing a player who still has a year left on their deal to an extension. The Johnson cap hit was $12.41 million untouched, and it would not be a surprise if that number goes down by at least $2 million or $3 million. The Ty Johnson re-signing also hasn’t been identified yet, and neither has the Casey Toohill deal, but those likely will not take away much cap space from their Top 51, as the lowest deals to replace are around the $920,000 area.

The Bills’ cap space does not account for the room needed for the rookie NFL Draft class, which, as their Top 51 is currently constructed, would only be about $2.3 million taken off. But until those contracts are signed, they don’t count to their cap hit. Buffalo has a windfall of cap space heading its way on June 1 when the Tre’Davious White release is finalized, and the Bills could conceivably wait to sign their draft choices until then. So, the need to account for the cap hits of draft picks right now is less necessary this year than in other years.

...snip...

Bills could become a big post-June 1 free-agent player

The Bills have been extremely conscientious of their spending in the first part of free agency, with an eye on keeping the 2025 salary cap in a much healthier position by next March. Still, with some cap space to play with after the Taron Johnson extension, on June 1, that cap number will be boosted by another $10.2 million — the savings the Bills cleared when they designated White as a post-June 1 release. That might have been a part of their plan all along, and looking back on something Beane said at the NFL combine, it might have been a hint of what was to come.

“Sometimes you get a guy, a Leonard Floyd on a one-year deal, that thinks they’re going to get (a dollar amount), they don’t, and we find the opportunity in May or June to add them,” Beane said in late February. “So even if we don’t do it now doesn’t mean it’s over. There’s usually people floating around even after the draft.”

Bringing up Floyd, who was Beane’s best signing last year, brought in on June 6, was quite interesting. Perhaps he now feels the post-draft, early-June area is an underrated market to add a veteran player with a little desperation to get a deal done. It might lead to some good value and also doesn’t count against the compensatory formula. Plus, it gives the Bills the benefit of seeing what happened in the draft for their own needs. Beane has envied the NBA structure to an offseason when the draft comes before free agency, and that window gives him a chance to use the draft to his advantage. Veteran players get released after the draft, too.

So, if the Bills have somewhere around $15 million to spend by that time, look out. They could go big-game hunting for whoever remains on the market. The worst-case scenario is they just add some middle-of-the-road, one-year types to fill out the depth chart or take the cap space and roll it into 2025. However, the Bills likely have a plan for what to do with that extra $10.2 million in cap space once it becomes available.

A forward thinking person, you are not. So, yeah....I scoff at your 'THE SKY IS FALLING' routine that has been literally going on for YEARS....like a broken record.

I'll wait until the Bills finish their roster, go though training camp, designate the final 53, the schedule comes out and they start playing games that count before I give ANY credence to YOUR insane effort to bury them in a sea of nonsensical rubbish and for **** predictions that you have been wrong about over and over and over and over and over again.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,406 Times in 13,791 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So, when I criticize the Bills and the Athletic has them ranked highly in the power rankings, you say you’ll trust them over me because they’re they “experts”

But, now that I’m in agreement with the Athletic’s rankings, suddenly they’re only ranking teams higher than us because it’s “obligatory.”

So, which is it? Is the Athletic an objective source of experts whose opinion should be trusted, or are they bound by some “obligation” to rank certain teams in certain positions?

Again, your homerism is showing. When they rankings disagree with what I said, they’re they “experts” who should be trusted over me. When the rankings agree with what I said, you have a huge diatribe about why the rankings are wrong.

Make up your mind.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Thanks for posting that, OP.

I just can't take any list like that seriously, that has Dallas in the top 10 for doing nothing.

Cinci lost a tackle, Miami lost most of their offense, I mean Jeez, it doesn't even list any of the newer acquisitions for Buffalo.

I think SF and Green Bay got better. Not sure why KC is at #1 other than being SB Champs.

The silliest move is Derrick Henry. Baltimore is good, no doubt, but what does he do for them aside from sell already overpriced tickets?

I think Beane has done a masterful job, as he does every year, of bringing in low visibility, high impact, players under budget, like Douglas.

To me that is the essence of a team sport, all 53 pulling in the same direction.

Paul Maguire used to say that FA hurts the losing team more than it helps the receiving team, and I truly believe that.

But the Bills, as well coached as they are, needed to get younger at several positions.

I think they're going to be right in the thick of it again, in what is supposed to be a "transitional" year.
    TBH I never liked power rankings. Even when we sucked and we were in the high 20’s low 30’s in most rankings, I often argued that there were several teams ranked higher than us that clearly weren’t better than us. In the end, it’s just someone trying to rank teams based on subjective criteria.

With modern analytics and computer modeling, it has gotten better, but someone always has to choose how to rate each metric and there is always subjectivity involved. I don’t care if the Bills are ranked #1 or #32. It’s just not meaningful.

The only reason I even brought it up was to point out notacon’s hypocrisy about when to agree with “experts.”
    Last edited by OpIv37; 03-21-2024 at 08:52 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,126 Times in 3,597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would say it was more of a bloodbath...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, when I criticize the Bills and the Athletic has them ranked highly in the power rankings, you say you’ll trust them over me because they’re they “experts”

But, now that I’m in agreement with the Athletic’s rankings, suddenly they’re only ranking teams higher than us because it’s “obligatory.”

So, which is it? Is the Athletic an objective source of experts whose opinion should be trusted, or are they bound by some “obligation” to rank certain teams in certain positions?

Again, your homerism is showing. When they rankings disagree with what I said, they’re they “experts” who should be trusted over me. When the rankings agree with what I said, you have a huge diatribe about why the rankings are wrong.

Make up your mind.
    Except I have not posted team power power rankings from The Athletic or anyone else for years.

I have posted NFL GM's, NFL coaches, NFL scouts rankings of position groups, from ESPN, and I have posted The Athletics' "QB Tiers" survey described for 2023 as "commentary from the 50 NFL coaches and executives who were granted anonymity to share unvarnished evaluations. This year, the 50 league insiders who placed 30 veteran quarterbacks into tiers included eight general managers, 10 head coaches, 15 coordinators, 10 executives, four quarterbacks coaches and three involved in coaching/analytics." but not "power rankings" of teams.

This statement of yours is FALSE..."When they (power) rankings disagree with what I said, they’re they “experts” who should be trusted over me. When the rankings agree with what I said, you have a huge diatribe about why the rankings are wrong. ".

If you want to prove that, provide quotes with links (like I do of your stupid crap all the time). PU or STFU!!!

And yes, the power ranking that I posted here (only because you posted one first, hence my sentence...."Well, I'll call your Power Ranking and RAISE you one...") it was pretty clear that number 1 through 4 were "obligatory" since they happened to be the four teams that made it to the conference championships game last year.

Just stop with the utterly absurd "homerism" bullcrap. It's just dumb.

In FACT, since you say you are "in agreement with the Athletic’s rankings" it shows how silly, narrow minded and not very....uhhh.....detail orientated you are and shows that you are still the KING of, and THE Zone's resident Bills hater

Their ranking (which I did not express any opinion of agreement or disagreement with)....does NOT support your sourpuss anti-Bills baloney.

They place the Bills #10 out of 32 NFL teams, and 6th of 16 AFC teams.

YOU were the one who has ALREADY stupidly buried the Bills by saying "The Bills won’t make the playoffs. Mark it now". While I said "the Bills not only WILL make the playoffs they will do so by winning the AFCE for the FIFTH year in a row."

Well....14 NFL teams make the playoffs...Bills are ranked #10. Does not bode well for you dumb prediction....and it bolsters mine.

The AFC has seven playoff teams....Bills are ranked #6....Does not bode well for your stupid prediction.....and it bolsters mine.

The AFCE has four teams....the Bills are ranked #10....Miami is ranked #13....NY Jets are ranked #15....the NE Pats are ranked #29....Does not bode well for your stupid prediction.....and it bolsters mine.

The "hypocrisy" is YOUR Opi, not mine.

You bet your ass I tout the "experts" in survey's like the ESPN position groups rankings that includes NFL GM's, NFL coaches, NFL scouts etc....and you bet your ass I tout The Athletics' QB Tiers ranking from NFL GM's, NFL head coaches, NFL coordinators, NFL executives and NFL QB coaches...

You BET YOUR ASS I VALUE and RESPECT the opinions from NFL GM's, NFL head coaches, NFL coordinators, NFL executives and NFL position coaches EXPONENTIALLY MORE THAN YOURS!! You are NOT an "expert" in much except vitriolic and Anti-Bills baloney.

Your lame attempt of "gotcha' by posting a "Power Ranking" from a journalist who specializes in college football and golf...and even THAT shows that your lame predictions of THE SKY IS FALLING for the Bills as being total baloney and overwrought anti-Bills hysteria that you have become known for,.

In other words...A FAIL once again.
    Last edited by notacon; 03-22-2024 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That’s a flat out lie. You use the power rankings all the time.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

C'mon bro—you're already staking your claim that the Bills will miss the playoffs all the way in MARCH? When they've made it 6 of 7 years running? There's at least 10 wins on the schedule; Vegas would bet that we're more likely to win the div than miss the dance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    C'mon bro—you're already staking your claim that the Bills will miss the playoffs all the way in MARCH? When they've made it 6 of 7 years running? There's at least 10 wins on the schedule; Vegas would bet that we're more likely to win the div than miss the dance.
    The Bills have taken a few steps backward when there are already several teams ahead of us and several teams right on our heels that probably surpassed us.

I did say that we won’t make the playoffs but I’m backing off on that because our division is such crap. We’d have to be really bad to not win it, and I don’t think I we backtracked that much. But equaling the feat of making the AFCCG like we did 3 years ago? Not gonna happen. Winning a playoff game won’t happen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Oh, and one more thing: wins “on the schedule” are meaningless. McD is a good coach but his teams consistently drop 2-3 games a season to lesser competition.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have taken a few steps backward when there are already several teams ahead of us and several teams right on our heels that probably surpassed us.

I did say that we won’t make the playoffs but I’m backing off on that because our division is such crap. We’d have to be really bad to not win it, and I don’t think I we backtracked that much. But equaling the feat of making the AFCCG like we did 3 years ago? Not gonna happen. Winning a playoff game won’t happen.
    You say the bolded every year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    You say the bolded every year.
    And every year we lose to the same teams. And every year someone like Jax or Cincy (or both) catches us. We peaked I. 2020, regressed in 2021 and have only tread water since then. And that was while adding talent, not losing talent like we did this year. Roll your eyes at me all you want. The results speak for themselves.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

TBH I never liked power rankings. Even when we sucked and we were in the high 20’s low 30’s in most rankings, I often argued that there were several teams ranked higher than us that clearly weren’t better than us. In the end, it’s just someone trying to rank teams based on subjective criteria.

With modern analytics and computer modeling, it has gotten better, but someone always has to choose how to rate each metric and there is always subjectivity involved. I don’t care if the Bills are ranked #1 or #32. It’s just not meaningful.

The only reason I even brought it up was to point out notacon’s hypocrisy about when to agree with “experts.”
    Prove it. With quotes and links that show the full context. PU or STFU!!!

Just stop patting yourself on the back on being one of the few that were brave enough () to realize and talk about the Bills not being very good during the drought years. There were LOTS of us that did. Me included.

Sure, there were LOTS that defied reality that was staring them in the face...I was not one of them.

I took a few minutes to stroll down memory lane and came up with these....

In November 2014, with the Bills at 5-3, tied with Miami in the race for second in the AFCE behind the Pats who were sitting pretty at 7-2. Much of the board was all atwiiter (inexplicably) over Kyle Orton (?!?!!?). Yeah, Kyle Orton, who I had pegged and said so....

The Realistic and True Metric of Orton - One of the Worst QB's in the League

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    It is so amusing to see Sparty try desperately to relive the QB arguments of a decade ago.

Simple stats that don't tell anywhere close to the full picture of a QB's worth are cherry picked to fit a favorite narrative. Orson sucks. He has always sucked. This elevation of this mediocre second string level QB is as destructive as it is amusing.

Pick a few stats and say that Orton is a "top 10" QB.

He's not even close.

The Passer rating is not an accurate measure of a QB's contribution to wins or his consistent quality play. There is a metric that has been developed expressly to measure the true worth of a QB's play.

It's called Total QB Rating, or QBR. Here is an explanation of what it means...

Guide to the Total Quarter Back Rating

The Total Quarterback Rating is a statistical measure that incorporates the contexts and details of those throws and what they mean for wins. It's built from the team level down to the quarterback, where we understand first what each play means to the team, then give credit to the quarterback for what happened on that play based on what he contributed.

At the team level, identifying what wins games is not revolutionary: scoring points and not allowing points. Back in the 1980s, "The Hidden Game of Football" did some pioneering work on that topic and on how yardage relates to points. We went back and updated what that book did … then we went further. At the individual level, more detailed information about what quarterbacks do is really necessary. Brian Burke at AdvancedNFLStats.com has done very good work in advancing that effort, and FootballOutsiders.com has done some of this by charting data, but, for the past three years, ESPN has charted football games in immense detail. By putting all these ideas together and incorporating division of credit, we have built a metric of quarterback value, the Total Quarterback Rating, Total QBR or QBR for short.

What follows is a summary of what goes into QBR. It took several thousand lines of code to implement, but we'll keep this shorter.

...snip...

Total QBR Basics

A quick primer on the fundamentals of Total Quarterback Rating:
    Scoring: 0-100, from low to high. An average QB would be at 50.

Win Probability: All QB plays are scored based on how much they contribute to a win. By determining expected point totals for almost any situation, Total QBR is able to apply points to a quarterback based on every type of play he would be involved in.

Dividing Credit: Total QBR factors in such things as overthrows, underthrows, yards after the catch and more to accurately determine how much a QB contributes to each play.

Clutch Index: How critical a certain play is based on when it happens in a game is factored into the score.

This seems like a very accurate and reliable metric. It has been in place since 2006, and looking at each regular season, it does indeed, measure the true and realistic performance level of the NFL QB.

Orton's 2014 rating?

At the bottom of the league....#26.

Interesting too is looking back at every year. Buffalo QB's have ALL sucked since then. All below average. Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, EJ and now Orton have ALL been at the bottom of the league. Orton has NEVER risen higher than #15 (in Denver 2011).

Highest Buffalo QB since 2006? Fitz, #18, 50.5. Every single Buffalo QB in the bottom half of the league. Many, like Orton, are in the bottom 25% of the league.

If Orton raises himself according to this metric and rating system, I will gladly eat my words.

Orton sucks. Any attempt to over state his quality is nonsense. Is he better than EJ? Well, slightly.

Orton is #26 with a rating of 46.1. Last year, EJ was ranked #23 with a rating of 42.3.

Go ahead and entertain your dreams of Orton making the Bills better. I don't buy it, and his true rating reflect that reality.

When I wrote that, the Bills were in their bye week, at 5-3, coming off an impressive win vs terrible, ****ty Jets, beating them 43-23. BIG WHOOP!!!

After the bye they lost the next two games.....falling to 5-5. They were lucky enough to meet the woefully bad (4-12 for 2014) NY Jets and the close to as bad Browns the next two games but, in the end, missed the playoffs by losing two of their last four games, with Orton stinking up the place with his usual slide back to mediocrity. Almost exactly what I predicted.

I posted this before the 2015 season was about to start....much of the board was all atwitter about Tyrod Taylor (again, inexplicably). Not me.

Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Paint me happy that Matt Cassel did not get the starting nod. He's so similar to Orton and would lead the Bills to nowheresville. Boring football, dink and dunk, 5 yard passes on third and 10, punt after punt and FG's being seen as a moral victory is the surest way to continue being a laughingstock of the NFL and continue the 15 year curse.

EJ Manuel is still a puzzle. Strong arm and physical attributes abound, but, until these past few meaningless exhibition games he seemed scared ****less out there...afraid to make a mistake which made him mistake prone. A lot of the blame goes on the Marrone crowd that was the gang who could not hit the side of a barn. I really think Marrone was the worst coach the Bills have ever seen, and we've had our share of ****ty coaches.

Tyron seems exciting....but...during meaningless exhibition games with vanilla defenses and no game plans against him, it's going to be a whole different ball game once the season starts. A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Not likely.

The amount of QB busts drafted in the first round is enough to make your head spin. The number of middling starters coming from after the third round is almost nonexistent. There's a reason for that. Oh...BTW...Cassel was drafted in the 7th round.

The Bills are STILL in the same position with QB's that everyone in the league knows is true...we suck at QB.

Yes, I have the usual Bills fan early season optimism (what else do we have?) and sincerely hope that Tyrod has some hidden gift that will manifest itself in a magical run toward the playoffs.

But, the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot.

Those were the days that the reality was that the Bills, without even an average starting QB since Jim Kelly retired, would never be a serious contender....UNTIL they got an elite, franchise level QB. Yeah....a lot of us tried to keep a happy face, but realism (as expressed in these threads I started) won out.

TODAY, is a COMPLETELY different story.

The Bills have that unquestioned ELITE QB, probably the second best QB in the NFL (or at least tied at #2 with Burrow). The owner learned after a few stumbles to hire smart football people and let them do their job.

The Bills have had five straight seasons with 10 or more wins. Four consecutive AFCE titles. Five consecutive playoff seasons (and six of the last seven)

As long as Josh Allen is behind center, the Bills WILL BE serious contenders.

Yet, during this era of some of the BEST times to be a Bills fan, you choose to be a sourpuss Negative Nancy....always searching for the dark lining in the cloud....either by overreacting with anti-Bills bias, or simply making **** up.

Your claim of being "realistic" today is bullcrap. Plain and simple. The whole board knows it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you really think I’m going to read all of that?

19. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And every year we lose to the same teams. And every year someone like Jax or Cincy (or both) catches us. We peaked I. 2020, regressed in 2021 and have only tread water since then. And that was while adding talent, not losing talent like we did this year. Roll your eyes at me all you want. The results speak for themselves.
    No, you keep predicting the Bills will miss the playoffs because X team(s) got better. Because they lose players. It's tired.

And since 2020, the Bills have lost in the playoffs to the eventual AFC SB representative, if not SB champion. It's not like they lose to some nobody, much less in the 1st round.

21. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-23-2024),notacon (03-23-2024),Oaf (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you really think I’m going to read all of that?
    A response and sure sign of a narrow, closed minded person who refuses to accept REALITY and likes to wallow in the ignorance of his own hubris.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No, you keep predicting the Bills will miss the playoffs because X team(s) got better. Because they lose players. It's tired.

And since 2020, the Bills have lost in the playoffs to the eventual AFC SB representative, if not SB champion. It's not like they lose to some nobody, much less in the 1st round.
    +1

KC just lost L'Jarius Sneed.

I had this astute reaction....

OH NOES!!!!! THE CHIEFS ARE DONE FOR!!!!!

IF the same logic is applied of one particular "fan" who is saying that about the Bills moving on from a few high priced aging vets and a a under-performing WR.

Funny, but did KC get SOOOOOOO much "better" by signing Marquise Brown?!?!

Last year, Opi kept on telling us that Miami got SOOOOOOO much better while the Bills were "stagnant".....and Miami was going to win the AFCE.....from 10/8/2023....

Mark my words. Miami wins the Div, ceiling for the Bills is a wild card and first round exit. .
    .....of course the result was the OPPOSITE with the Bills SWEEPING the Fins and winning the AFCE for the fourth year in a row.....and it was MIAMI that had "ceiling (of a) wild card and first round exit."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Every year is different. Past issues aren’t a projection of future performance. Coaches learn, players learn. Every year is a new roster, every year different teams deal with different injuries. You never know how the next season will play out and I’m excited for this new roster.

25. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-24-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What a bull**** excuse. At some point, we’re supposed to be the SB rep or SB winner. “It’s ok that we lost cuz it was to a really good team!” ****ing A- and notacon accuses me of loser talk….