So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It’s not complicated. They lost talent and have no cap space to make it up. Under McD, they are notorious for starting slow, getting hot late, yet somehow still blowing it in the playoffs despite supposedly “getting hot at the right time.”

The talent to do that simply won’t be there this time.
    Ok so you think we’ll miss the playoffs because of talent. You do realize FA isn’t over and we haven’t had the draft yet…? Kind of early for your doom and gloom isn’t it?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

The Bills won’t make the playoffs. Mark it now.
      Cool, so no reason for you to watch and troll here. See ya later.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Yea, I respect your opinion OP, but Jamz is right....it's way too early in the process to write anything off.

And from what I see, Beane and Company are really working it.

And again, I don't follow all the intricacies of other teams, but I don't see many other teams being as active as us in reworking/resigning/pursuing of players.

Management knows they have a thoroughbred in Josh, and they are going to give it the old college try every year.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          Ok so you think we’ll miss the playoffs because of talent. You do realize FA isn’t over and we haven’t had the draft yet…? Kind of early for your doom and gloom isn’t it?
          Ok. Every other team gets to draft too. The teams that are already better than us get to use the draft to stay better than us. There’s no cap space for FA and even though it’s not over, most of the guys who could help us have already signed.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            Cool, so no reason for you to watch and troll here. See ya later.
            So you’re a fair weather fan who only watches if your team is gonna win. Got it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

One thing I forgot to consider: our div kinda sucks. We might make the playoffs just on the pure luck of being in a bad div. Of course, if that happens we’ll end up playing whoever doesn’t win the AFC North in the first round and that won’t go well.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cas22
                • Jul 2005

I think with younger players will make this team much hungrier, no team wins with free agents alone, look at Houston last year? I think we can be better with a great draft but we need at least 3 starters out of this draft plus a couple of roll players..

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

One thing I forgot to consider: our div kinda sucks. We might make the playoffs just on the pure luck of being in a bad div. Of course, if that happens we’ll end up playing whoever doesn’t win the AFC North in the first round and that won’t go well.
                  dialing it back a bit i see.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    Just replying to your BS…you can relax sparkles… the real world

You truly are narcissistic. Go Bills!
                    Nope. You are stalking me, with no ability to refute what I write. SO, you engage in lame personal attacks that are as silly as they are stupid.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                      Nope. You are stalking me, with no ability to refute what I write. SO, you engage in lame personal attacks that are as silly as they are stupid.
                      You keep replying to my posts creeper. Who’s the stalker???

Stay on topic…we’re trashing OpIv

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                        dialing it back a bit i see.
                        Incredibly OPIV had a moment of clarity.. he realized teams that win the division get to go to the playoffs and the other 3 teams in the AFC east are kinda meh.. and have tons of issues

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                          Incredibly OPIV had a moment of clarity.. he realized teams that win the division get to go to the playoffs and the other 3 teams in the AFC east are kinda meh.. and have tons of issues
                          That’s not really the point though. The teams in our div aren’t the problem. It’s the Chiefs, Bengals, probably the Ravens, Jax and Houston are gaining ground quickly…. And we are losing talent that we don’t have the cap space to replace.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

So you’re a fair weather fan who only watches if your team is gonna win. Got it.
                            You already know the outcome so no reason for you to watch.

But you are usually wrong 99 out of 100 times so you'll watch until you are right that 1 time just so you can say you were right, I Told you so.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

I didn’t comment on the Dolphins or any other team. Stop making **** up.
                              That is false. Jesus. I even presented the quote which is DIRECTLY pertinent to your lame premise ("we lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them.") and illustrated the anti-Bills BLINDERS you have on...all the time.

Instant gratification? No. It's the insanity around here. "We lost 5 starters and we have no cap space. Meh, no big deal. Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!" It's mind-boggling.
                              Yeah....the Bills "lost 5 starters" that they have already mostly replaced, and the "starters" they did lose, where all smart decisions. In comparison to Miami (which YOU brought up) is OBVIOUSLY deeply flawed.

I already presented the details of just how bad it is for MIAMI...and since YOU are comparing the not-so-devastating losses of the Bills with the EXTREMELY DEVASTATING loses of Miami, it shows how lame and clueless your premise is...

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              The "drivel" is mostly from YOU. The "facts" you cite are mostly not very important. For example, you ignore "facts" when you posted this in another thread...

Which illustrates your massive anti-Bills bias and undeniable blind spots.

First of all, as I responded to that specious (read: false) claim with "Uhhhhhh.....who said that ? Are you making **** up again???"

NO ONE is saying "Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!". The FACTS are that Miami lost a LOT more than WIlkins and a LOT more than the Bills.

NBC Sports has a running update on PTF's Top 100 Free agents.

Miami's update on both losses of "Top 100" FA and other significant players...

9. Dolphins defensive tackle Christian Wilkins (Agreed to four-year deal with Raiders on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS.
                              23. Dolphins offensive guard Robert Hunt (Agreed to five-year contract with Panthers on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS
                              30. Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard - released 3/13/24 - significant STARTER loss
                              33. Dolphins center/guard Connor Williams most likely gone- Signed Aaron Brewer 3/12 - soon to be significant STARTER loss
                              43. Dolphins edge Andrew Van Ginkel (Agreed to sign with the Vikings on March 11.) - significant STARTER loss
                              62. Dolphins safety DeShon Elliott signed with Steelers 3/14/24 - significant loss

DT Raekwon Davis - 2023 opening day starter - signs with Colts 3/12 - significant STARTER loss
                              DE Emmanuel Ogbah - released 2/23/24 - significant STARTER loss
                              S Brandon Jones - signed by Denver 3/14/24 - significant loss
                              LB Jerome Baker - released 3/5/24 - significant loss

The Bills, on the other hand, (so far) have lost only two players in the "Top 100" FA....

38. Bills edge Leonard Floyd (Agreed to two-year deal with 49ers on March 11.)
                              74. Bills center Mitch Morse (Agreed to two-year deal with the Jaguars on March 11.)

Leo Floyd's able replacement is already on the team in Epenesa and the Bills smartly signed him to a new contract.

Morse's able replacement is also already on the team in McGovern, as the Bills also smartly restructured his contract.

The other "starters", they lost were either damaged goods, at the end of their careers (Tre' White & Poyer) or badly under performing (Gabe Davis).

Miami has been picking up some of Buffalo's cast offs. The paltry $2M to get Poyer illustrates how little value he has in the NFL today.

Miami is losing critical players left and right. While the Bills have been strategic in who they let walk and who they decide to keep. Every one of the moves makes perfect sense and bode well for the Bills going forward.

These are the "facts", but you are too narrow minded, and your anti-Bills colored glasses have your myopia preventing you from seeing reality, ignoring the fact that there is a long way to go until opening day 2024, and the roster is NO WHERE CLOSE to being completed.

Yeah...your "fact" that the Bills have "lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them" is mostly irrelevant.
                              Yep. In comparison to the Miami debacle the Bills losing 5 starters (two of which are damaged goods, two are old and on the downside of their careers, and the other could barley do what his job is...catching the ****ing ball...Gabe Davis is ranked 146th in catch percentage among NFL WR's in 2023) For comparison Shakir was 10th, Stefon Diggs 67th and Curtis Samuel 56th.

Yep...in comparison to Miami's staggering losses of excellent starters and other significant players, the Bills loss IS "Meh, no big deal.".

Ok. Last time I checked, Curtis Samuel doesn’t play C, DL or DB. And Washington fans- and I know a lot of them because I lived in the DC area for over a decade- say he was a disappointment, much like Gabe was last year, so your homerism shows yet again.
                              I almost missed how silly this is too.

Curtis' first year in Washington was a wash because he was inured and only started one game.

The last two years he was a consistent contributor with excellent stats, placing as the #2 WR behind Washington's #1, Terry McLaurin

2023:
                              91 targets, 62 catches (68.1%), 613 yards 4 TD

2022:
                              92 targets, 64 catches (69.5%) 656 yards, 4 TD

Gabe Davis:
                              2023:
                              81 targets, 45 catches (55.5%) 746 yards, 7 TD

2022:
                              93 targets, 48 catches (51.6%) 836 yards, 7 TD

Curtis had Sam Howell passing to him in 2023, and Tylor Heinicke in 2022. Not even capable starting QB's. Washington's offense was one of the worst in the league both years.

Gabe Davis had Josh Allen, one of the best QB's in the NFL, undeniably one of the Top THREE in the whole NFL. Buffalo had one of e best offenses in the league both years. Yet, Davis could not rise above below averge. He was more a hindrance than a help.

It's pretty obvious that Davis is a MUCH bigger "disappointment" than Curtis. These Washington fans you've known for so long are not credible. No wonder you listen to them.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

You bet your Negative Nancy anti-Bills ass I will "mark it now".

Comment

Working...
                                X