Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,359 Times in 13,762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Op, what was your preseason win loss record for Buffalo the last 2 preseasons? Just curious. 1 believe I was 12 wins both years.
    Honestly don’t remember but I’ll admit it was way less than what they actually did.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    You are so narrow minded. What I said was "...the rest of each teem is fairly equal when seen as a whole"
    Ok. That’s simply wrong, especially after the cap cuts and losing Floyd.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Since we lost to the Chiefs, the following players are no longer on the roster:

Morse
    Poyer
    White
    Floyd
    Davis

Now, I'm not arguing that these were the wrong moves. Floyd and Davis were FA's who got overpaid. Poyer, White and Morse were no longer playing up to their contracts.

But the fact remains that we currently have no one on the roster equal or better than the guys we lost (you can argue that Douglas replaces White but the original intent was for them to compliment each other). We have a mere $880,000 in cap space according to Sportrac- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/.

Some have argued that there was no talent gap between us and the Chiefs (which is absurd). But, even if there wasn't, there is now. And, it's not just the Chiefs. The Bengals with a healthy Burrow and probably the Ravens are better than us. Jacksonville and Houston are rising fast.

Forget about improving this off-season. It's going to be hard just to get back where we were.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,759 Times in 7,805 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Ok. That’s simply wrong, especially after the cap cuts and losing Floyd.
    You said the same crap last year pimping Miami (you said the same about the Jets as well) on how they got SO MUCH better than the Bills, while (incorrectly) opining that the Bills got worse, and would not be able to compete with the Fins.

You kept up that nonsense through much of last year...and LO' and BEHOLD...you were WRONG, WRONG WRONG.

Here is just a few example of your sourpuss rubbish...

Mark my words. Miami wins the Div, ceiling for the Bills is a wild card and first round exit.
    Miami will keep winning. Everyone says they’re a paper tiger and they can’t beat anyone good yet they just keep winning. It’s their div this year.
    Too late to think about the Div. Wild card is still a possibility.
    Did anyone actually watch Dallas? They’re gonna smoke us.
    A lot of people here seem way too confident about beating the Cowboys.

Their O is clicking and, despite winning the game against KC, our banged-up D has been a liability (look at the Philly game).

I was able to attend the Jets game in Dallas earlier this year. Parsons was a wrecking ball. He’s going to have Josh running for his life all game.
    Winning Sunday is nit happening. Too many people on this board are dismissing Dallas for no reason. Dax is going to shred this D.
    Some reminders....

The Bills swept Miami, blowing them out in Buffalo, and when the division on the line, beat them in Miami with a convincing win, shutting them out in the 2nd half while outscoring them 14-0....finishing the year with a 5 game win streak...and 6 of the last seven.

The Bills WON the AFCE while MIAMI WAS "a wild card and first round exit."

Dallas DID NOT "smoke us" The Bills BLEW OUT DALLAS, BIG TIME.

Dax DID NOT "shred this D" and Parsons did NOT "going to have Josh running for his life all game."

Sorry, but your record of ineptitude and constant ****ting over the Bills year after year after year makes your 'the sky is falling' fear mongering the LEAST credible bullcrap on this site.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

None of what I said before changes the fact that we lost talent and don’t have any cap space to make it up. Making it about me won’t change reality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Op, what was your preseason win loss record for Buffalo the last 2 preseasons? Just curious. 1 believe I was 12 wins both years.
    Opi predicted the Bills would have 9-8 record in 2023.

I predicted 12-5, with the worst possible 11-6.

The 2022 predictions are lost to the data disaster, but I'm pretty sure that Opi predicted 9-8 for that year as well.

I predicted 13 wins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

None of what I said before changes the fact that we lost talent and don’t have any cap space to make it up. Making it about me won’t change reality.
    Your posts show you have no idea what "reality" is. Just. Stop.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Noty, what about CIN (beat us), JAX (beat us), BAL (toss up)?

9. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (03-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Your posts show you have no idea what "reality" is. Just. Stop.
    it is a FACT that we lost players. It is a FACT that we don't have any replacements who are equal or better to the guys we lost currently on the roster. It is a FACT that we only have $880k in cap space. That's reality, and my posts don't have the power to change it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,210 Times in 5,933 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We also lost slowing aging talent. It’s not like we lost Tre, Poyer, Hyde, and Morse in their prime. If they all somehow stayed we would be worse. Toss in Gabe as well.

You either change or get worse.

the importance of your facts is what is in question especially given you dire predictions based on those facts the last couple of years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We also lost slowing aging talent. It’s not like we lost Tre, Poyer, Hyde, and Morse in their prime. If they all somehow stayed we would be worse. Toss in Gabe as well.

You either change or get worse.

the importance of your facts is what is in question especially given you dire predictions based on those facts the last couple of years.
    Yes, they were slowing, aging talent. We still don't have anyone equal or better. We still don't have cap space to replace them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it is a

1. FACT that we lost players. It is a
    2. FACT that we don't have any replacements who are equal or better to the guys we lost currently on the roster.
    3. It is a FACT that we only have $880k in cap space.

That's reality, and my posts don't have the power to change it.
    1 & 3 are facts.

2 is not a fact. It is arbitrary and can't be proven. Not a fact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, they were slowing, aging talent. We still don't have anyone equal or better. We still don't have cap space to replace them.
    Most of these guys we are betting off not having....if anything we should have done a better job of staying younger in the first place.

It is not that this all can't be worked through anyway ... but it all culminates in the idea that other teams have more resources at their disposal than we do right now. That is the thing that is going to hurt.

15. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (03-12-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    1 & 3 are facts.

2 is not a fact. It is arbitrary and can't be proven. Not a fact.
    ok.... if we have better players, why weren't they on the field during the season?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ok.... if we have better players, why weren't they on the field during the season?
    It is just that it is an opinion that puts one player 'better' than the other. It can't be proven hence is not a fact. The definition of fact is something that can be seen, examined and proven.

So you can prove Josh Allen is #1 on the depth chart because you can see the depth chart and he's listed #1 and Trubisky is #2. That Allen is the #1 QB is a fact.

But Allen is a 'better' QB than Trubisky? You can't prove that without first talking a great deal about how 'better' is defined and then constraining the argument to that definition. And everyone party to the argument would have to agree on how 'better' was being defined unanimously before anything could be proven and even the proof would be constrained to this particular argument so it isn't even a global 'fact' it kind of ends up being something everyone agreed to make up.

You can't just call things 'facts' because you feel strongly they are accurate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It is just that it is an opinion that puts one player 'better' than the other. It can't be proven hence is not a fact. The definition of fact is something that can be seen, examined and proven.

So you can prove Josh Allen is #1 on the depth chart because you can see the depth chart and he's listed #1 and Trubisky is #2. That Allen is the #1 QB is a fact.

But Allen is a 'better' QB than Trubisky? You can't prove that without first talking a great deal about how 'better' is defined and then constraining the argument to that definition. And everyone party to the argument would have to agree on how 'better' was being defined unanimously before anything could be proven and even the proof would be constrained to this particular argument so it isn't even a global 'fact' it kind of ends up being something everyone agreed to make up.

You can't just call things 'facts' because you feel strongly they are accurate.
    Fair enough, it's not truly an objective fact. But it's also not unreasonable to assume that if we had better guys, they would have been on the field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fair enough, it's not truly an objective fact. But it's also not unreasonable to assume that if we had better guys, they would have been on the field.
    I don't know. If a better guy makes a mistake McDermott loves to keep him off the field. Unless his name is Josh Allen in which case his **** don't stink and he has different rules.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Noty, what about CIN (beat us), JAX (beat us), BAL (toss up)?
    So what?

There has not been an undefeated team in FIFTY ONE freakin' years. I was still in high school then, close to TWENTY YEARS before you were born.

Only ONE OTHER team has gone undefeated in the regular season (not winning a Super Bowl, hence NOT "undefeated season") SIXTEEN years ago, when you were still a clueless teenager.

Virtually EVERY NFL teams loses games, every year. BFD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So what?

There has not been an undefeated team in FIFTY ONE freakin' years. I was still in high school then, close to TWENTY YEARS before you were born.

Only ONE OTHER team has gone undefeated in the regular season (not winning a Super Bowl, hence NOT "undefeated season") SIXTEEN years ago, when you were still a clueless teenager.

Virtually EVERY NFL teams loses games, every year. BFD.
    "We CAN beat them, we just didn't!"

Wow, what a crappy response.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it is a FACT that we lost players. It is a FACT that we don't have any replacements who are equal or better to the guys we lost currently on the roster. It is a FACT that we only have $880k in cap space. That's reality, and my posts don't have the power to change it.
    It is a FACT that your predictions of doom and gloom are WRONG almost all the time.

The NFL league year has not even started yet, FA has not even officially started yet, the draft is a month away and you are already crying that the SKY IS FALLING because "we don't have any replacements who are equal or better to the guys we lost currently on the roster." which is say SO WHAT????

It ain't over until it's over. Which is something you can't seem to get through your thick, narrow minded, insanely pessimistic head. And why your awful and stupid, short sighted, wildly WRONG predictions that I quoted above prove that you have NO IDEA what you are talking about and are the LEAST reliable narrator of "reality"