Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,382 Times in 13,776 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Once again, nothing I’ve said before changes the reality that we lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,775 Times in 7,818 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Once again, nothing I’ve said before changes the reality that we lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them.
    I addressed that in another thread. Your narrow minded anti-Bills diarrhea is ripe to be ignored.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I addressed that in another thread. Your narrow minded anti-Bills diarrhea is ripe to be ignored.
    I don't care what drivel you spew. Facts are facts. You see everything through red and blue colored glasses.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,475 Times in 15,566 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

narrow minded anti-Bills diarrhea

Okay, that was funny!

5. Post thanked by:

notacon (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

s ripe to be ignored.

except this part he obviously can't ignore it....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care what drivel you spew. Facts are facts. You see everything through red and blue colored glasses.
    The "drivel" is mostly from YOU. The "facts" you cite are mostly not very important. For example, you ignore "facts" when you posted this in another thread...

Instant gratification? No. It's the insanity around here. "We lost 5 starters and we have no cap space. Meh, no big deal. Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!" It's mind-boggling.
    Which illustrates your massive anti-Bills bias and undeniable blind spots.

First of all, as I responded to that specious (read: false) claim with "Uhhhhhh.....who said that ? Are you making **** up again???"

NO ONE is saying "Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!". The FACTS are that Miami lost a LOT more than WIlkins and a LOT more than the Bills.

NBC Sports has a running update on PTF's Top 100 Free agents.

Miami's update on both losses of "Top 100" FA and other significant players...

9. Dolphins defensive tackle Christian Wilkins (Agreed to four-year deal with Raiders on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS.
    23. Dolphins offensive guard Robert Hunt (Agreed to five-year contract with Panthers on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS
    30. Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard - released 3/13/24 - significant STARTER loss
    33. Dolphins center/guard Connor Williams most likely gone- Signed Aaron Brewer 3/12 - soon to be significant STARTER loss
    43. Dolphins edge Andrew Van Ginkel (Agreed to sign with the Vikings on March 11.) - significant STARTER loss
    62. Dolphins safety DeShon Elliott signed with Steelers 3/14/24 - significant loss

DT Raekwon Davis - 2023 opening day starter - signs with Colts 3/12 - significant STARTER loss
    DE Emmanuel Ogbah - released 2/23/24 - significant STARTER loss
    S Brandon Jones - signed by Denver 3/14/24 - significant loss
    LB Jerome Baker - released 3/5/24 - significant loss

The Bills, on the other hand, (so far) have lost only two players in the "Top 100" FA....

38. Bills edge Leonard Floyd (Agreed to two-year deal with 49ers on March 11.)
    74. Bills center Mitch Morse (Agreed to two-year deal with the Jaguars on March 11.)

Leo Floyd's able replacement is already on the team in Epenesa and the Bills smartly signed him to a new contract.

Morse's able replacement is also already on the team in McGovern, as the Bills also smartly restructured his contract.

The other "starters", they lost were either damaged goods, at the end of their careers (Tre' White & Poyer) or badly under performing (Gabe Davis).

Miami has been picking up some of Buffalo's cast offs. The paltry $2M to get Poyer illustrates how little value he has in the NFL today.

Miami is losing critical players left and right. While the Bills have been strategic in who they let walk and who they decide to keep. Every one of the moves makes perfect sense and bode well for the Bills going forward.

These are the "facts", but you are too narrow minded, and your anti-Bills colored glasses have your myopia preventing you from seeing reality, ignoring the fact that there is a long way to go until opening day 2024, and the roster is NO WHERE CLOSE to being completed.

Yeah...your "fact" that the Bills have "lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them" is mostly irrelevant.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn’t read that whole thing but I can’t take you seriously when you say things like Epenesa is Floyd’s replacement.

Last year we had both. It’s a rotational position. It works best when there are multiple talented players who can spell each other. Now we only have one of them, so that’s a problem.

Also, if Epenesa replaces Floyd, who replaces Epenesa?

It’s insane homer “logic.”

9. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-14-2024)

is looking for the Southern Cross for the first time!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

11. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I didn’t read that whole thing but I can’t take you seriously when you say things like Epenesa is Floyd’s replacement.

Last year we had both. It’s a rotational position. It works best when there are multiple talented players who can spell each other. Now we only have one of them, so that’s a problem.

Epenesa only had an absurdly low 36% snap count. Floyd had 53%.

As a reference Khalil Mack, Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby all had at least 69%. Crosby had 95% and Mack and Garret both had over 76%.

AJ is young, healthy and productive. There’s no reason why he couldn’t double his snap count and mostly takeover for Floyd. Groot and any combo of the remaining Ends take the rest. It’s not that serious bro.

FYI AJ has stated he’s looking for more snaps and sacks (sorry the link is behind a paywall)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OPIAN logic " bills over the cap.. cut players... bills are worse off" " other nfl teams over the cap... cut players.. they will be fine"

At this point in time OPIV thinks the dolphins are in better shape than the bills

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    OPIAN logic " bills over the cap.. cut players... bills are worse off" " other nfl teams over the cap... cut players.. they will be fine"

At this point in time OPIV thinks the dolphins are in better shape than the bills
    I didn’t comment on the Dolphins or any other team. Stop making **** up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Epenesa only had an absurdly low 36% snap count. Floyd had 53%.

As a reference Khalil Mack, Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby all had at least 69%. Crosby had 95% and Mack and Garret both had over 76%.

AJ is young, healthy and productive. There’s no reason why he couldn’t double his snap count and mostly takeover for Floyd. Groot and any combo of the remaining Ends take the rest. It’s not that serious bro.

FYI AJ has stated he’s looking for more snaps and sacks (sorry the link is behind a paywall)
    Ok. He can play more snaps. Doesn’t mean he can do it as well as Floyd. And if Epenesa is taking Floyd’s snaps, who takes Epenesa’s 36%?

And of Epenesa is better, why did he get fewer snaps. This is drought-era “logic”: we don’t need to add talent! We will get better through player improvement!

16. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok. He can play more snaps. Doesn’t mean he can do it as well as Floyd. And if Epenesa is taking Floyd’s snaps, who takes Epenesa’s 36%?

And of Epenesa is better, why did he get fewer snaps. This is drought-era “logic”: we don’t need to add talent! We will get better through player improvement!
    I’m not going to teach you simple math here (apparently another thing outside of prognostication that you’re not very good at).

You never have any facts/data to back up your feelings. Even though your nemesis is usually tldr at least he presents data. Your “data” only ever comes out of your posterior.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,688 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

have no cap space to replace them.
    how about now?

1) Ari 2)@ Mia 3) Jac 4)@ Bal 5)@ Hou 6)@ Jet 7) Ten 8)@ Sea 9) Mia 10) @ Colts 11) KC 12) Bye 13) SF 14)@ LAR 15)@ Det 16) Pats 17) Jets 18)@ Pats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It is most amusing watching all you folks banter back and fourth through your tunnel vision. Both sides of the argument!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    It is most amusing watching all you folks banter back and fourth through your tunnel vision. Both sides of the argument!
    It’s the interwebs man!

Where the goal is to win arguments (in your own mind) or at least get the last word in against people whom you’ve never met!

not gonna lie I used to be one of those donkeys lol…then I got a life.

21. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,906 Times in 3,540 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The "drivel" is mostly from YOU. The "facts" you cite are mostly not very important. For example, you ignore "facts" when you posted this in another thread...

Which illustrates your massive anti-Bills bias and undeniable blind spots.

First of all, as I responded to that specious (read: false) claim with "Uhhhhhh.....who said that ? Are you making **** up again???"

NO ONE is saying "Miami lost Wilkins- ha! They suck now!". The FACTS are that Miami lost a LOT more than WIlkins and a LOT more than the Bills.

NBC Sports has a running update on PTF's Top 100 Free agents.

Miami's update on both losses of "Top 100" FA and other significant players...

9. Dolphins defensive tackle Christian Wilkins (Agreed to four-year deal with Raiders on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS.
    23. Dolphins offensive guard Robert Hunt (Agreed to five-year contract with Panthers on March 11.) - HUGE STARTER LOSS
    30. Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard - released 3/13/24 - significant STARTER loss
    33. Dolphins center/guard Connor Williams most likely gone- Signed Aaron Brewer 3/12 - soon to be significant STARTER loss
    43. Dolphins edge Andrew Van Ginkel (Agreed to sign with the Vikings on March 11.) - significant STARTER loss
    62. Dolphins safety DeShon Elliott signed with Steelers 3/14/24 - significant loss

DT Raekwon Davis - 2023 opening day starter - signs with Colts 3/12 - significant STARTER loss
    DE Emmanuel Ogbah - released 2/23/24 - significant STARTER loss
    S Brandon Jones - signed by Denver 3/14/24 - significant loss
    LB Jerome Baker - released 3/5/24 - significant loss

The Bills, on the other hand, (so far) have lost only two players in the "Top 100" FA....

38. Bills edge Leonard Floyd (Agreed to two-year deal with 49ers on March 11.)
    74. Bills center Mitch Morse (Agreed to two-year deal with the Jaguars on March 11.)

Leo Floyd's able replacement is already on the team in Epenesa and the Bills smartly signed him to a new contract.

Morse's able replacement is also already on the team in McGovern, as the Bills also smartly restructured his contract.

The other "starters", they lost were either damaged goods, at the end of their careers (Tre' White & Poyer) or badly under performing (Gabe Davis).

Miami has been picking up some of Buffalo's cast offs. The paltry $2M to get Poyer illustrates how little value he has in the NFL today.

Miami is losing critical players left and right. While the Bills have been strategic in who they let walk and who they decide to keep. Every one of the moves makes perfect sense and bode well for the Bills going forward.

These are the "facts", but you are too narrow minded, and your anti-Bills colored glasses have your myopia preventing you from seeing reality, ignoring the fact that there is a long way to go until opening day 2024, and the roster is NO WHERE CLOSE to being completed.

Yeah...your "fact" that the Bills have "lost multiple starters and have no cap space to replace them" is mostly irrelevant.
    OMG how sad is your life that you have to go researching another poster’s history and then write a thesis about it

It’s a ****ing message board where it’s ok to have differences in opinion. You’ll NEVER understand that and your posts suck.

23. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-14-2024),OpIv37 (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    It’s the interwebs man!

Where the goal is to win arguments (in your own mind) or at least get the last word in against people whom you’ve never met!

not gonna lie I used to be one of those donkeys lol…then I got a life.
    I would suggest people just want to be heard more and when their narcissism perceives they are not being heard correctly things start becoming very defensive and combative. Like, the amount of denial and projection going on is profound. It's not denial of someone's opinion it is the sometimes self centered belief one's opinion is being devalued. Other times it actually is the other persons opinion being devalued phew what a slippery slope!

Maybe some day I can have a life of my very own but in the mean time I don't mind people watching and will keep doing it after the life (whatever that is).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    OMG how sad is your life that you have to go researching another poster’s history and then write a thesis about it

It’s a ****ing message board where it’s ok to have differences in opinion. You’ll NEVER understand that and your posts suck.
    It's not a "thesis" it's called discussing the subject at hand (responding to other's opinions) with my well reasoned take supported by research, facts and evidence with a lot of specificity.

Something that you seem to be really bad at. I take your opinion that my posts "suck" as a MAJOR complement because you seem to have no idea how to compose a compelling post.

As what has been your mission lately, you barge into this thread with little of substance or value to add to the subject at hand, but you seem rather seem obsessed with ME and the way I post, ignoring the substance which is rich with details, common sense and simple logic..

You do not seem capable of actually responding (or offering up any intelligent rebuttal at all) to the common sense intelligent things I write.

I am living rent free in your head and it's a lonely place.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have no idea what "homer “logic.”" is.

Once again, your rush to **** on the Bills has you caught looking foolish.

Gabe Davis has just been UPGRADED by signing Curtis Samuel.