So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Neal, Hines and Hardy? Meh, they're backups/ST'ers who can be replaced by guys on vet min.

White? On paper, this is a huge loss but he hasn't been healthy in 3 seasons and the Bills won 6 straight games- including a playoff game- without him. He really hasn't been a big part of the Bills' success since the Thanksgiving injury. Don't get me wrong- he was a great player for a long time and a big reason why the Bills are winners again. He's just not that guy anymore.

Poyer and Morse? This is where I start to get concerned. I agree with the general sentiment that he has lost a step, but we don't have anyone equal or better on the roster at the moment. Same goes for Morse, who I think is the biggest loss of the day. It's going to be hard to find a new starting C with our cap situation.

As of right now, this team is slightly worse than they were two months ago when they got eliminated.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: So where do we stand after today's bloodletting?

Bills got younger and hopefully less injuried.

None of them are losses and some could comeback cheaper. Not worried because the most important piece is still there.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Definitely need a center and at least one starting-caliber safety.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Morse is the big loss today. I don't think we're any worse off if they can replace him.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

McGovern to center Edwards to LG.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
          163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
            • Nov 2012

McGovern was a moderate, so right at home at center

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Neal, Hines and Hardy? Meh, they're backups/ST'ers who can be replaced by guys on vet min.

White? On paper, this is a huge loss but he hasn't been healthy in 3 seasons and the Bills won 6 straight games- including a playoff game- without him. He really hasn't been a big part of the Bills' success since the Thanksgiving injury. Don't get me wrong- he was a great player for a long time and a big reason why the Bills are winners again. He's just not that guy anymore.

Poyer and Morse? This is where I start to get concerned. I agree with the general sentiment that he has lost a step, but we don't have anyone equal or better on the roster at the moment. Same goes for Morse, who I think is the biggest loss of the day. It's going to be hard to find a new starting C with our cap situation.

As of right now, this team is slightly worse than they were two months ago when they got eliminated.
              Hyde, Poyer and White are 3 of my favourites of the JA era. I totally understand the reasons. Beane can’t afford to “hope” they have anything left. Hurts to see them all go though.

Morse is the one that really hurts on the field. He’s been such a leader. There’s only 2 guys I like in the draft too. Powers-Johnson will be gone before our round one pick. Might be able to get Van Pran-Granger in 2. 3 feels like a stretch.

not a fan of Frazier. I prefer Drake Nugent in later rounds over an early puck on Frazier.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Definitely need a center and at least one starting-caliber safety.
                Do you mean draft?

because we definitely need 3 safeties at this point. Including both starters.

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

McGovern moving over to C and that's fine. Perfectly capable. Edwards to guard is fine. That position will be addresed. Meh on the rest. time to cut bait on the vets that you have won without and are long in the tooth.

Don't think the team is worse off at all. Getting younger and cheaper. Bunch pf picks in the draft/higher cap number / They just fine.
                  Bean creating space for moves. Last I checked the QB is still there. All that matters.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

It means they may actually use all 11 draft picks this year. No more after the first 3 picks, we can play around or trade away as they don't make the team.

The Chiefs 2022 draft had 12 picks. They used 3 to get McDuffie and wound up with 10 players. Out of the 10, 8 payers each averaged 534 snaps in his rookie season. Mind you those are meaningful snaps because the Chiefs won superbowl that year.

Beane need some similar result - I don't expect quite as good because the Chiefs traded Hill to get some high draft picks.

Judging by the moves today, I don't expect Beane to sign some aging, more established guys in FA. It's a youth and cheaper movement.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Morse will be back making less. Qb/center needs chemistry for line calls doesn't it?

Thing that stands out to me is that they just jumped into the cap hell they created themselves with their stupid one more fa to get there philosophy instead of establishing a draft pipeline when they could. This is not a new program they've been building this team for 7 years with 6 of a franchise qb and can't get near an sb because other teams keep doing it better.

They have to do this stuff now but should have seen it coming for years. Imho.

Comment

• sukie
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                        It means they may actually use all 11 draft picks this year. No more after the first 3 picks, we can play around or trade away as they don't make the team.

The Chiefs 2022 draft had 12 picks. They used 3 to get McDuffie and wound up with 10 players. Out of the 10, 8 payers each averaged 534 snaps in his rookie season. Mind you those are meaningful snaps because the Chiefs won superbowl that year.

Beane need some similar result - I don't expect quite as good because the Chiefs traded Hill to get some high draft picks.

Judging by the moves today, I don't expect Beane to sign some aging, more established guys in FA. It's a youth and cheaper movement.
                        Bills got younger today. It’s like if the Zone dumped Woody, Notty , Mace, and Lecter. The freaking kids would rule this place.

i of course would be restructured and although Lecter isn’t old… but he can stick it.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          Bills got younger today. It’s like if the Zone dumped Woody, Notty , Mace, and Lecter. The freaking kids would rule this place.

i of course would be restructured and although Lecter isn’t old… but he can stick it.
                          Haha.

On a serious note, it is an admission that an era of pushing to break that superbowl wall ended. Realistically a repeat of Chiefs 2022 draft success leading to a break thru is unlikely. But I do want to point out any team with Allen, and a few CORE piece on offense can surprise people. If Von is back to force - he'betting on himself, and we get lucky in draft to get a star, particular on defense, we may shock people by playoff time.

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Haha.

On a serious note, it is an admission that an era of pushing to break that superbowl wall ended. Realistically a repeat of Chiefs 2022 draft success leading to a break thru is unlikely. But I do want to point out any team with Allen, and a few CORE piece on offense can surprise people. If Von is back to force - he'betting on himself, and we get lucky in draft to get a star, particular on defense, we may shock people by playoff time.
                            Gonna need to hit on 2-3 draftees and grab 1-2 good contributors in FA but we’re most certainly going to be a top team once again.

It doesn’t hurt that the NFL was a big ole bowl of meh last season and is gonna be the same next season.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                              • Nov 2007

I get everything but Morse

I just don’t see ‘better’ there or even equal unless we nail the draft
                              I came.
                              I saw.
                              I conquered.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎