Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Report: Some frostbitten fans might need amputations

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Well, this isn't going to end well.

Soon there will be "too cold" temps and the games will be moved indoors
    Agreed about the temperature extremes being imposed. I just wonder how low they will set it.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
      They already are for me. It's always 70 degrees and no wind where I watch. I used to be anti dome. Now I'm anti everything except perfect weather. Call me a wuss. Don't care.
      Same.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
        This is so ridiculous. If you do not know to go get yourself into the warmth that is feet away instead of subjecting yourself to frostbite because you paid money, you really need to get your priorities straight.
        Really? Every fan is weather wise? If a company sells tickets to their events, they need to take reasonable and basic precautions for your safety. Expecting paying customers to know how to take care of themselves in extreme conditions at your event is not a reasonable expectation.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

This is really sad actually.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
            This is really sad actually.
            Yeah, it could be somebody's kid.

But because it was a playoff game and not a regular season game, the NFL got greedy and decided to put patrons in harm's way. And their army of lawyers will probably absolve them of any guilt.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
            Too bad no one knew before the game it was going to be really cold....
            Boo

NFL shill

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
              Really? Every fan is weather wise? If a company sells tickets to their events, they need to take reasonable and basic precautions for your safety. Expecting paying customers to know how to take care of themselves in extreme conditions at your event is not a reasonable expectation.
              Going outside without proper frostbite protection and thinking you won't get frostbite is not a reasonable expectation either. The contract includes a game outside and the weather is always a god event. This is a tough case.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                Going outside without proper frostbite protection and thinking you won't get frostbite is not a reasonable expectation either. The contract includes a game outside and the weather is always a god event. This is a tough case.
                An act of God revent efers to an unanticipated natural event such as a lightning strike or tornado etc.

these conditions were anticipated for all week. And the NFL decided to play through it.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

An act of God revent efers to an unanticipated natural event such as a lightning strike or tornado etc.

these conditions were anticipated for all week. And the NFL decided to play through it.
                  Even the threat of those events cause game delays

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

God related events are things that can't be predicted and/or manipulated. The manipulation piece is important. It is like a bucket you can put things in that can't be controlled.

And they will argue things like wind directions and temperatures were highly correlated godly events there was no ability to predict and while a large portion of the population suffered no affliction when the mixture of these godly events was correct people got frostbite.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      God related events are things that can't be predicted and/or manipulated. The manipulation piece is important. It is like a bucket you can put things in that can't be controlled.

And they will argue things like wind directions and temperatures were highly correlated godly events there was no ability to predict and while a large portion of the population suffered no affliction when the mixture of these godly events was correct people got frostbite.
                      Well I'm sure their pack of lawyers will argue semantics, probably successfully but weather forecasters certainly predicted dangerous and extreme game time conditions for days prior.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

The temps were predicted...days in advance.

The Chiefs had gloves available for children. It was announced a day before the game. My first thought was...who in the world would take a kid out in weather like that without gloves?

As far as that night goes...it was brutally cold. I live about 80 miles from Arrowhead so I had the same weather. About an hour before gametime, I had to run and pick someone up, my car wouldn't start so my neighbor took me.

On the way home, I had him stop at the gas station so he could top off his tank. I had my gloves off to run my card through..about a minute or two.

My fingers were already hurting...not cold, but actually hurting.

When I got back in, I looked at my neighbor and said, "I wouldn't be going to the game tonight, even if the Bills were there"

I not surprised that out of 80k people there, that a few dozen ended up with frostbite. Im kinda surprise it wasn't more.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Well I'm sure their pack of lawyers will argue semantics, probably successfully but weather forecasters certainly predicted dangerous and extreme game time conditions for days prior.
                          They may have a case.

The star player's helmet cracked on impact in the cold, remember?

I've been to a lot of cold games, like that Raider playoff, but I've never seen that before.

"Did you freeze your ass off at the fish playoff? You may be entitled to compensation...."

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Victim blaiming, idk?

The n f l sold fans tickets. what were the fans supposed to do, stay at home?
                            Victim blaming? lol

Shaddap
                            Last edited by Forward_Lateral; 03-08-2024, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Nobody held a gun to these fans' heads and told them they have to go sit in arctic conditions. If children are involved, those parents should be charged with negligence.

I find it funny that not a single player or coach got frostbite, and they were out there in the same conditions, for the same amount of time, wearing far less clothing.

Comment

• Typ0
                                honey pie
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                                Nobody held a gun to these fans' heads and told them they have to go sit in arctic conditions. If children are involved, those parents should be charged with negligence.

I find it funny that not a single player or coach got frostbite, and they were out there in the same conditions, for the same amount of time, wearing far less clothing.
                                I agree. This is a child protective issue not a sue the NFL issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍