• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie G
    • Mar 2003

Re: WR Gabe Davis to Jags

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    That’s a lot of money for a #2 lol
    It was down to the point where he was barely a #2. He didn't have a catch in 5 of the last 9 regular season games.

I never hated him and am kinda happy he got a huge pay day. He was a mid round pick, it was always said that no one would outwork him, and he was supposedly "Josh's conscience"... he was the one who would tell Josh what he was doing wrong.

But that only carries one so far. My biggest disappointment in him wasn't so much the drops, it was his inability to be the "big target" downfield. To me at least.

But he got his big contract, I'm happy for him, I wish him well. It reminds me of Edmunds getting the huge payday in Chicago. YOu wish him well but, he won't be miss all that much

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      He was this generation's Stevie Johnson.

Super soft hands....lousy concentration....often injured.

That kind of money, for a receiver with ONE great game in all those years, is absurd.

He will be out of football after next year.
      I'll go 2 years.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Bottom line he had an awful year for whatever reason and I just say good for you getting the contract that you did and goodbye.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

He made his fortune off of the 13 seconds game. It's crazy that being average for two years since then didn't affect his pay day.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            He made his fortune off of the 13 seconds game. It's crazy that being average for two years since then didn't affect his pay day.
            When your number two receiver is a better blocker than pass catcher it’s time to get a new number two.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

There goes another one.

After one mostly quiet season with the Buffalo Bills, free-agent defensive tackle Poona Ford is set to land with the Los Angeles Chargers. Aaron Wilson was the first to report the news — stating the deal is for one year, per league sources.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

You are being generous. He's been below average the past two years.

As I noted in another thread....

Gabe Davis is ranked 146th in catch percentage among NFL WR's in 2023 (55.6%) For comparison Shakir was 10th (86.7%), Stefon Diggs 67th (66.9%) and Curtis Samuel 56th (68.1%)....Kincaid was 8th in TE with more than 20 targets (80.2%)

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  That’s a lot of money for a #2 lol
                  Call it a ****load officially.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

He always seemed disinterested here ...... maybe I'm alone on that but that was the vibe I got.

Comment

Working...
                    X