Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bills sign Mack

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills sign Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    He has a better QB than he had in the past.
    So what?

A better QB to throw the ball at his little hands only for him to drop the ball.

Yeah!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 6,156 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsigliere View Post
    So what?

A better QB to throw the ball at his little hands only for him to drop the ball.

Yeah!!!

Josh will use him as a blocker when he runs in his direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Meh’k Hollins.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,081 Times in 4,278 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Returrrn of the Mack

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

download.jpg

Mack attack!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsigliere View Post
    So what?

Yeah!!!
    lol

he's got 9 3/4" hands, not small. It's not like he's Donald Trump.

7. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (03-13-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    lol

Putin: “Oh Donald…I look so huge in your tiny little orange hands..”

9. Post thanked by:

Bill Cody (03-13-2024)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,920 Times in 4,372 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lol

He's not going to make Bills football great again?

11. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lol

and how about the blocking

Thanks
    Thanked 11,477 Times in 7,094 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not gonna hold my breathe but liking the possibilities . Big target who can get open . If Diggs disappears like he did late last year, I hope Mack helps out which would make he and Kincaid a nightmare.

https://youtu.be/DhTbl8o-CDY?feature=shared

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's a good addition to the WR's room ............... he can be productive in both the pass and run games.

Big dude with sure hands and a terrific blocker when called upon.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Not gonna hold my breathe but liking the possibilities . Big target who can get open . If Diggs disappears like he did late last year, I hope Mack helps out which would make he and Kincaid a nightmare.

https://youtu.be/DhTbl8o-CDY?feature=shared
    He should be a core special teamer, but I wouldn't expect too much offensive production. But his downfield ability should help open up things underneath too. We should probably view him as a Sherfield replacement/upgrade. He can be a good #4/5 WR that's great at blocking and has big play ability.

16. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (03-16-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,710 Times in 7,767 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This could be a significant pick up for the Bills.

In any event, he is a quirky character that will provide a lot of entertainment value. I remember him being a guest of GMFB where his refusal to wear shows and socks (except on the field, which he hates) and his dedication to eat with his hands highlighting his rather unique personality.

The Athletic re-published a profile of him from last year. Here are some of the highlights....one of which will make Dr Lecter's head explode....

The wisdom of Falcons (now a Buffalo Bill)WR Mack Hollins, who hates cats and shoes and eats with his hands

Mack Hollins is a big dog guy. That is to say a “big dog” guy, not a big “dog guy.”

“Not the little rat dogs. Those aren’t dogs,” the Atlanta Falcons wide receiver said. “I don’t know what those are. Rabbits, big rabbits.”

This is one of Mack’s many opinions.

“I hate cats. Cats will steal your soul. Never trust a cat. The small ones? No. Never look them in the eye.”

Big cats, like lions, he likes. Hollins said his father owned a lion when he was growing up in Ohio.

“It wasn’t one of those TLC hang-in-the-house lions. It was in a big cage. Killed a deer and ate it.”

He thinks eating with utensils “makes you soft.”

“If you can’t eat it with your hands, you shouldn’t be eating it.”

When a reporter inquired about soup, he said, “Shouldn’t be eating soup. You’ve never seen a lion eat soup. You’ve never seen a gorilla eat soup. You’ve never seen anything savage eat soup.”

He almost never wears shoes away from the football field.

“Hate shoes. Hate that I have to wear these,” he said of his cleats. “I feel very uncomfortable in them. When I’m back in Florida, I’ll get kicked out of grocery stores. Lot of Instacart.”

….snip….

He does not own a car and gets around with loaners, walking, on his bicycle or catching rides with teammates. After checking into the apartments at Atlanta’s practice facility that are used to house players during training camp, Hollins asked the team if he could live there year-round.

“That is very convenient,” he said. “I don’t know why guys don’t stay there. That’s literally the best you can get.”

The team said no, citing NFL’s rules about competitive fairness.

He owns three snakes — two ball pythons that are between four and six feet long and a Colombian boa that is 11 feet long.

“I love animals, and they are way easier to take care of than dogs,” he said.

Hollins believes watching too much TV “makes you soft.” On the other hand, he does love anime.

“‘One Piece’ is the greatest work in human history,” he said of the Japanese animated TV series. “Actors always screw something up, but with anime, it can always be perfect.”

…snip…

“He’s a different cat (I wonder if this was an intentional pun?), but he’s an awesome dude,” wide receivers coach T.J. Yates said. “Mack has been an unbelievable addition to our room. From a leadership standpoint, he has really taken hold of that room. Everybody kind of follows him.”

…snip…

“Mack came in and set the standard for us,” wide receiver KhaDarel Hodge said. “He’s a guy that holds you accountable for everything you do. If you say you set goals to do something, then he’s going to remind you every day. A lot of the guys respect him for that. He’s a great leader for us.”

And also, “He’s like a barbarian type of guy,” Hodge said. “Mack is Mack, I’ll say that. He’s got his own style, his own ways. He gets it out of the mud. I can say that. Mack gets it out of the mud.”

…snip…

The eating with his hands thing does take some getting used to, his teammates said.

“We’ve had a conversation about that,” quarterback Desmond Ridder said. “I told him I could get down with it for some things, but ‘some things, Mack, I’m just going to use a fork.’”

Wide receiver Drake London called Hollins “a caveman.”

“Mack is his own person,” tight end Kyle Pitts said. “He’s unique, but I would never walk around with no shoes or socks.”

And not using a knife and fork?

“That’s OK, but if you eat spaghetti with your hands, that’s nasty,” Pitts said.

“I saw him the other day with some mashed potatoes get in there with his hands with some honey on there,” Miller said. “That’s Mack Hollins for you.”

It likely was Manuka honey, which is made in Australia and New Zealand from bees that pollinate tea trees. Hollins is something of an evangelist for it.

“It’s supposed to be way better for you,” Yates said. “He just gave me a bottle and said, ‘Here eat this.’”

…snip…

Hollins arrived at North Carolina as a walk-on and finished his career as the school’s career leader in yards per reception (20.6 yards on 81 career catches). He still cherishes the experience of going from walk-on to scholarship player for the Tar Heels. Players who get scholarships right out of college? You guessed it: “Soft.”

“I think scholarship kids are pampered,” he said. “Now, a lot of them worked hard and that’s why they got scholarships, but in my mind, they’re just pampered. Just like early draft picks are pampered. I’ll always think that no matter what. I was a fourth-round pick, I was pampered too. I got away with more stuff. It made me feel soft, I didn’t like that.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I respect cat haters as the intelligent beings that they are however that does not mean I want my $240M Franchise QB wasting offensive plays by throwing to the cat hater.