• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Curtis Samuel WR to Bills

Originally posted by tomz View Post
    With Samuel and Hollis it seems like they are trying to emphasize a speedier corps.
    A breath of fresh AIR!

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
      They can use more than one formation?

They can mix in 4 wides a few times a game along with the 12 personnel. Maybe Diggs and Samuel split wide with Shakir and Kincaid in the slots. Who you gonna cover?
      True… but the money they paid him makes me think he will be out There 75%+

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

IIRC Mitch Morse had a $12mil cap hit for '24 and was a free agent in '25. Considering what he recently signed for I have a hard time believing the team couldn't have re-did his contract for similar terms...or less..than what they just ponied up for Samuel.

It took this regime seven long years to finally figure out the offensive line, and when they did they dork it up and cut their starting center/best offensive trench guy essentially trading out the roster spot and contract/cap numbers for yet another 'weapon' that nobody knows exactly what his role could or should be.

It's **** like this that just adds to my doubt that this crew really knows what it is doing or will ever win anything significant.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
          True… but the money they paid him makes me think he will be out There 75%+
          He'll see plenty of snaps no question about it.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

WR guru gushes over Buffalo Bills signing Curtis Samuel- ‘What an upgrade over Gabe Davis!’ - newyorkupstate.com

‘When asked for his immediate reaction, Harmon gushed, “Oh my God. I mean, I’m alive. I’m alive, bro. I’m alive. This is awesome. I’m completely thrilled. Oh my God. LFG baby. This is awesome. What an upgrade over Gabe Davis! You get Curtis Samuel out there? That is really interesting to me.”’

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              IIRC Mitch Morse had a $12mil cap hit for '24 and was a free agent in '25. Considering what he recently signed for I have a hard time believing the team couldn't have re-did his contract for similar terms...or less..than what they just ponied up for Samuel.

It took this regime seven long years to finally figure out the offensive line, and when they did they dork it up and cut their starting center/best offensive trench guy essentially trading out the roster spot and contract/cap numbers for yet another 'weapon' that nobody knows exactly what his role could or should be.

It's **** like this that just adds to my doubt that this crew really knows what it is doing or will ever win anything significant.
              The move with Morse was smart as can be. Taking a cue form the Pats method (when they were really good) of moving on from aging, expensive vets (I with repeated concussion issues) one year early rather than one year too late.

I'm of the opposite view.

This is NOT "**** like this that just adds to my doubt that this crew really knows what it is doing or will ever win anything significant."....this is smart forward thinking that has me CONFIDENT that this crew knows EXACTLY what they are doing as needs to be done one they have one of the handful of elite superstar QB's in the NFL and the realities of the cap system that makes roster management with that rare elite QB so difficult.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

He's like Mckenzie+Beasely on roids.

sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

well we needed size and speed and he brings speed. I like him but it doesn't take 1st round WR off the table. IT DOES make it less mandatory. If there is a run on WRs and we don't like the value on the board when our pick comes up they can confidently take BPA, then try again in round 2 for WR.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    The move with Morse was smart as can be. Taking a cue form the Pats method (when they were really good) of moving on from aging, expensive vets (I with repeated concussion issues) one year early rather than one year too late.

I'm of the opposite view.

This is NOT "**** like this that just adds to my doubt that this crew really knows what it is doing or will ever win anything significant."....this is smart forward thinking that has me CONFIDENT that this crew knows EXACTLY what they are doing as needs to be done one they have one of the handful of elite superstar QB's in the NFL and the realities of the cap system that makes roster management with that rare elite QB so difficult.
                    It was time for Morse to make a decision on his career apart from the Bills.

We took the correct direction imo.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      He's like Mckenzie+Beasely on roids.

https://youtu.be/av8QA7Rp3bc?feature=shared
                      I'm looking forward to this guy playing his style ball for us.

Surprised to see the backfield play ..... he reads blocks extremely well.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                        well we needed size and speed and he brings speed. I like him but it doesn't take 1st round WR off the table. IT DOES make it less mandatory. If there is a run on WRs and we don't like the value on the board when our pick comes up they can confidently take BPA, then try again in round 2 for WR.
                        We will take a WR when it makes the most sense on our board ..... do we move up .... it's possible depending on the falling or not falling of players we covet.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

I think he's Deebo Samuel light, and has not been used in Deebo Samuel's way. I don't watch college football that much but even I remembered him on that championship Ohio State team where he was a hybrid between running back and WR. Looking back in the draft, he followed the same path as Deebo people deciding what position he should be. They both fell into the 2nd round. And look their careers, when they both being used as WR AND RB, they produced better numbers. Of course Deebo is 20lb bigger and more dynamic but Curtis runs in 4.3s instead 4.4s.

This looked to be a guy Brady pounded the table for, not someone Beane would be looking for in their prototype receiver exercise. So seems like McDermott is letting Brady run the offense. The good thing is that there is an example in how 49ers using Deebo, and Brady himself got out of Curtis in Carolina (though I don't know if it was by design though because McCaffrey was hurt that year). If Brady is able to figure out to maximize Curtis' capability, getting output somewhere close to Deebo's, it'll be a big hit --- more likely than the output of any WR(s) we draft in April. It is also something that can propel Brady to be on the short list of HC candidates next year.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post

This looked to be a guy Brady pounded the table for, not someone Beane would be looking for in their prototype receiver exercise. So seems like McDermott is letting Brady run the offense. The good thing is that there is an example in how 49ers using Deebo, and Brady himself got out of Curtis in Carolina (though I don't know if it was by design though because McCaffrey was hurt that year). If Brady is able to figure out to maximize Curtis' capability, getting output somewhere close to Deebo's, it'll be a big hit --- more likely than the output of any WR(s) we draft in April. It is also something that can propel Brady to be on the short list of HC candidates next year.

100%

Hopefully Brady has this one right!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Here's Samuel's contract breakdown:

2024: 3.98 cap hit

2025: 9.7 cap hit

2026: 10.3 cap hit---they can cut him after 2025 and save about 8 million

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Curtis Samuel contract details- Buffalo Bills retain year-to-year flexibility in WR’s deal - Buffalo Rumblings

Samuel received $6.9 million in a signing bonus as part of $15 million fully guaranteed in the deal. His 2024 compensation and $5 million of his 2025 salary is fully guaranteed.

The rest of the 2025 salary guarantees on February 10, 2025, so right after the Super Bowl on February 9.

His base salary in 2024 is the league minimum because of the signing bonus, and it moves up to $6.9 million in 2025 and $6.51 million in 2026 with a $1 million roster bonus, so the cash is very evenly split.

With only $5 million of his 2025 salary guaranteed, the Bills can get out of the contract next February if they want. They release him and they would still owe him the $5 million but it would be offset by whoever signed him in free agency.

So let’s call it what it is; A one-year deal worth about $12.6 million or a two-year deal worth $16 million. The third year doesn’t get any guaranteed cash until the start of the 2026 league year and it’s a one-year team option for $8 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞