Thread: 2024 Mock. Filling holes, adding speed, rebuilding the D.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,900 Times in 4,021 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2024 Mock. Filling holes, adding speed, rebuilding the D.

IDK. I like the way it came out. Traded down a bit in the 1st and missed out on AD Mitchell. I might regret that. But I did get pick 63 in the trade. I like the way it came out. Got some guys who probably won't be there when I took them...but I don't create the draft boards.

34. Byron Murphy DT - Texas. I know, everyone else wanted the other DT from Texas. But Murphy could be the best DT in the draft. Only 300 lbs, but still strong as an ox. This is a guy that you can try to recreate the Giants SB D line by putting him next to Oliver.

60. Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia. The Morse replacement, McGovern can stay at G. 3 year starter at Georgia. Solid, solid, solid.

63. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina And there is the much needed speed at WR. only 1 year of production, but much of that wasn't his fault. 220+ lbs and runs a sub 4.4 40. Leaping ability, can make the tough catch. Needs work but can def. get down the field, and make the catch when its there.

103. Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech NFL.com has him as the 2nd best safety on the board. A 4.4 40 and very smart and instinctive. He steps into Poyer's role.

134. Javon Solomon DE/Edge Troy I didn't like his 40 time at the combine, but I love his production. He's got bend coming around the corner. 80 QB pressures in the past 2 years and led the nation in sacks last season.

144. Kitan Oladapo S Oregon St. AA bigger safety at 6' 2" 215. A little slower, but good in run support and zone coverage.

160. Elijiah Jones CB Boston College. looks a bit gangly, but runs a 4.4 40 and has a 42 inch vertical. Not much in run support but can run with the big boys. Had 5 ints last year.

163. Mohamed Kamara Edge Colorado State. He's much like Javon Solomon in size and production, but he runs a 4.5 40. Had an insane amount of QB pressures last year. Considered very smart with a high football IQ. The guy knows how to get in the backfield.

189 Trey Taylor S Air Force - Won the Jim Thorpe award this year, 215 lbs, can cover TE's. Led his team in tackles for 2 years straight.

200. Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri State A sleeper/diamond in the rough. 6'1" 200+ plus, runs of a 4.4 forty, needs coaching...the type of guy you look for at this stage of the draft.

204 Miles Cole Edge Texas Tech. He's just intriguing and waiting for someone to figure out how to use him. 6'6" 275, runs a 4.6 40 and has a huge wingspan. 37 inch arms. TT used him as stand up LB for some reason. Give him to Bruce for an off season and let Bruce show him how to be an NFL pass rusher.

248 Walter Rouse OT Oklahoma A transfer from Stanford and played his last season at Oklahoma. After transferring, he improved sacks given up from 5 to 1 and QB hurries. Not quite ready, needs time in the weight room, but other things are there. Good value for the draft position.

2. Post thanked by:

Canadian'eh! (03-14-2024),Dr. Lecter (03-14-2024),DraftBoy (03-14-2024),Historian (03-15-2024),Mad Bomber (03-14-2024),Mad Max (03-14-2024),Woodman (03-14-2024),YardRat (03-14-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 979 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2024 Mock. Filling holes, adding speed, rebuilding the D.

There’s close to a zero chance of us using all 11 picks outside of that terrific mock!

We get the first three guys and the draft would be a Yuuuge win. It’ll be like something you’ve never seen before. Believe me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,601 Times in 6,155 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Love it ...... damn nice draft cookieG!!

Great order DT, C, WR, S etc etc.

Lots of D .... love it!!
    33 - Coleman - WR
    60 - Bishop - Safety
    95 - Carter - DT

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    IDK. I like the way it came out. Traded down a bit in the 1st and missed out on AD Mitchell. I might regret that. But I did get pick 63 in the trade. I like the way it came out. Got some guys who probably won't be there when I took them...but I don't create the draft boards.

34. Byron Murphy DT - Texas. I know, everyone else wanted the other DT from Texas. But Murphy could be the best DT in the draft. Only 300 lbs, but still strong as an ox. This is a guy that you can try to recreate the Giants SB D line by putting him next to Oliver.

60. Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia. The Morse replacement, McGovern can stay at G. 3 year starter at Georgia. Solid, solid, solid.

63. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina And there is the much needed speed at WR. only 1 year of production, but much of that wasn't his fault. 220+ lbs and runs a sub 4.4 40. Leaping ability, can make the tough catch. Needs work but can def. get down the field, and make the catch when its there.

103. Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech NFL.com has him as the 2nd best safety on the board. A 4.4 40 and very smart and instinctive. He steps into Poyer's role.

134. Javon Solomon DE/Edge Troy I didn't like his 40 time at the combine, but I love his production. He's got bend coming around the corner. 80 QB pressures in the past 2 years and led the nation in sacks last season.

144. Kitan Oladapo S Oregon St. AA bigger safety at 6' 2" 215. A little slower, but good in run support and zone coverage.

160. Elijiah Jones CB Boston College. looks a bit gangly, but runs a 4.4 40 and has a 42 inch vertical. Not much in run support but can run with the big boys. Had 5 ints last year.

163. Mohamed Kamara Edge Colorado State. He's much like Javon Solomon in size and production, but he runs a 4.5 40. Had an insane amount of QB pressures last year. Considered very smart with a high football IQ. The guy knows how to get in the backfield.

189 Trey Taylor S Air Force - Won the Jim Thorpe award this year, 215 lbs, can cover TE's. Led his team in tackles for 2 years straight.

200. Ryan Flournoy WR SE Missouri State A sleeper/diamond in the rough. 6'1" 200+ plus, runs of a 4.4 forty, needs coaching...the type of guy you look for at this stage of the draft.

204 Miles Cole Edge Texas Tech. He's just intriguing and waiting for someone to figure out how to use him. 6'6" 275, runs a 4.6 40 and has a huge wingspan. 37 inch arms. TT used him as stand up LB for some reason. Give him to Bruce for an off season and let Bruce show him how to be an NFL pass rusher.

248 Walter Rouse OT Oklahoma A transfer from Stanford and played his last season at Oklahoma. After transferring, he improved sacks given up from 5 to 1 and QB hurries. Not quite ready, needs time in the weight room, but other things are there. Good value for the draft position.
    A few things I’d change. Particularly late rounds. Im
    cooling on Legette after a rough senior bowl and combine. But overall, lots of great picks.

Murphy, Van pran, Legette, Demersin and Solomon are A+

love Kamara there. Oladipo is a B though I prefer a Tyler Smith or Jalyn Simpson if available

Thanks
    Thanked 30,569 Times in 17,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's a lot of edge guys.

Would love the starting center, but Beane probably figures he can dork around the line again so we don't need one.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,421 Times in 979 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    That's a lot of edge guys.

Would love the starting center, but Beane probably figures he can dork around the line again so we don't need one.
    I really like the first three picks. I have espoused a slight trade down if available so the concept of this mock to me is excellent.