• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: Pickett traded to the Eagles in a daft pick swap

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Well they made layoff last year with Rudolph. And they do have a good defense. It depends on your interpretation of "over the top". We all know what it means for the Bills. For the Steelers ...

It kind of reminds me of the Bills teams from Jauron to Rex where you have good defense so you don't really go to the tanks, but offense, in particular, QB, to hold you back to go over the hump. Of course the Steelers is a notch above the Bills team then.

I'll say there is an element of complacency for Tomlin, as in I won 2 superbowls and never have a losing season, not good enough? By the way, Tomlin's contract runs out after the 2024 season, and there is no talk on contract extension yet. I'm pretty sure he does not want a sub-500 finish this year.
    Two or more playoff wins…you think adding Russ is going to get them that? I don’t.

And as mentioned they’ll torque their draft position to grab the heir apparent to Rotty.

Very goofy move imo.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Tomlin seems to be a guy who is an amazing coach all week long but comes up short on game day. At least in my time, he has an amazing record of having his team prepared -- whoever they are -- on game day. Like amazing. Outside of a team that would classify as a dynasty we don't have examples of that kind of consistent coaching in a program.

But man he alone can blow it up on game day too pretty damn consistent he can get in the way.

So his team that actually overachieves and always looks pretty competitive is only pretty average.

I can't really see Wilson upping the ante on this. The whole situation is going to compound the problem and end up being the Steelers in the cellar in a brutally competitive division.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Better toc cut bait and move on, stuff out there says Pickett was more full of himself than his record states....Wilson might be washed but he'll be more a contributor with a new offense than Pickett, trubisky and Rudolph, even marginal on a cheap 1 year contract....I thought Pickett had some fire but the skills were elusive.....Wilson is worth the mulligan to them.

Steelers did pretty well with a motley crew of malcontents....looks like a new day in Pittsburgh, I can't blame them for cleaning some house.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

At least they used Wilson as an excuse to trade Pickett. Pickett sucks.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Methinks he's got some ego issues that don't jive with coaches ego issues. This is kind of embarrassing for a young quarterback and signifies they don't like the person he is.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Gotta be honest, the move kinda surprises me.

I always felt they took Pickett because they didn't want another Marino situation hanging over their heads.

Now they trade him after two years?

Makes me wonder.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Pickett was smart to get the hell out of Pittsburgh.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  Gotta be honest, the move kinda surprises me.

I always felt they took Pickett because they didn't want another Marino situation hanging over their heads.

Now they trade him after two years?

Makes me wonder.
                  Why surprise? He stinks. Cj stroud already has more td passes than pickett

i definitely agree the drafting of him was because of their handling of Dan Marino in ‘83

the only problem is pickett is no Marino. The Steelers greatest strength is their greatest weakness. Loyalty and history and it cost them a wasted first round pick
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

Working...
                  X