• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: Bears trade Justin Fields to the Steelers for 2025 third-day pick

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
    A first rnd QB is such a risk. If you miss you wasted 3 years, often multiple picks, and you still suck.
    LOL. The NY Jets know!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I think one of the last guys in the league I would want mentoring a young QB is Russell Wilson.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Fields is not a rookie; he has played 40 games in NFL, started 38. Are you telling me now he needs to sit behind a vet and learn?

He needs to play. And his 5th year option decision is coming up.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
          Fields is not a rookie; he has played 40 games in NFL, started 38. Are you telling me now he needs to sit behind a vet and learn?

He needs to play. And his 5th year option decision is coming up.
          apparently why Picket wanted out of Pitt is because he was told the starting job was Wilson's "period". It sounds like pitt promised the starting job to him to me.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
            apparently why Pickett wanted out of Pitt is because he was told the starting job was Wilson's "period". It sounds like pitt promised the starting job to him to me.
            There are a lot of stories behind it. There is a strong local media group having inside scoop, all the way to last year Seattle game that allegedly Pickett refused to suit up as backup to Rudolph, to the next game they listed him as the starting QB to appease him, even though they knew Rudolph was to start all week. And of course, Pickett's camp quietly asked for a trade after they signed Wilson.

Steelers did him a favor trading him to his childhood team when he grew up. He's a Jersey boy.

Personally I think once you are benched, healthy, you are done as a star QB in NFL. Which star QB in NFL had been benched and came back being a star in the league for long time? Pickett knew this. Better to go elsewhere to be a backup.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍