lol why?
    If healthy, better than Johnson?

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Re: Bills Extend Taron

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
      Wonder if we could have got Tre for same amount.
      After he's fully recovered from his last injury it will be interesting to see ..... I'd say right now he'd get less actually and maybe a lot less ..... two consecutive season ending injuries is a lot to overcome mentally as well as physically.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
      163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
        If healthy, better than Johnson?
        No.

They play different positions.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
          No.

They play different positions.
          Big point. As of right now, Johnson is the 20th highest paid corner in a league with 64 boundary corners....and he evidently can't play boundary.

How much do we always worry about the slot in nickel coverage? Seems a common concern. Maybe that's the way the market is headed, but he is now making 8x or something more than Rasul so you're looking at something future like 40 million tied up in three CB's only two of them boundary.

I won't argue it further.....but I don't know he is the 20th best cb in the league atm.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Big point. As of right now, Johnson is the 20th highest paid corner in a league with 64 boundary corners....and he evidently can't play boundary.

How much do we always worry about the slot in nickel coverage? Seems a common concern. Maybe that's the way the market is headed, but he is now making 8x or something more than Rasul so you're looking at something future like 40 million tied up in three CB's only two of them boundary.

I won't argue it further.....but I don't know he is the 20th best cb in the league atm.
            I think the league is trending towards playing nickel base more than a 4-3. Taron shouldn’t be compared to outside corners. He plays much more run support than the guys on the outside, and has to cover the slot WT/TEs. Is he over paid? Maybe but maybe this is the precedent. He’s just as important to the Defense as the starting outside guys.

Comment

• mightysimi
              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
              • Mar 2010

With random FA guards getting 17 - 20M, I don't know how paying the 2nd team all pro Nickle 11M is worth getting worked up about. Cost of doing business.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Taron Johnson- I have to be a more vocal leader this year

Johnson expects to be taking on a different role within the organization after signing a three-year contract extension, however. With Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, and Tre’Davious White all moving on, Johnson told reporters that he sees a “new opportunity” to step up as a leader with the team in 2024.

“I have to be more vocal this year,” Johnson said, via Nick Wojton of USAToday.com. “Whatever it takes.”

The Bills have won four straight division titles and gone to the playoffs in six of the last seven years. The departures of those defensive backs and other veterans make it essential that others step up to both sustain that success and find a way to finally break through for a Super Bowl run.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
                163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞