• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibby 2.0
    The things I get you to say
    • Oct 2019

Re: Chiefs free-agent S Mike Edwards visiting Bills

Solid signing, gives flexibility in the draft. They still need to replace Morse
    Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Hey Mikey
      Hey! Long time no see. How ya been?

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Holy cow! Hi Mike!
        Hey man!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Mikey!

You didn't sleep in!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Michael82 View Post
            Very good signing! And we all know how well McDermott is with Safeties. Anyone else feel a lot better about our 2 starters now? Rapp and Edwards should do just fine.
            If Edwards is starting, then the S position is in BIG trouble. The guy has started 28 of his 75 NFL games. He's on his 3rd team in 3 years. He's a spot starter at best.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
              If Edwards is starting, then the S position is in BIG trouble. The guy has started 28 of his 75 NFL games. He's on his 3rd team in 3 years. He's a spot starter at best.
              Same could've been said for Hyde

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I think the Bills are quietly replacing the worn out parts on the engine with new old stock.

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Just mho, but I think the over the hill signings have a lot to do with McDermott and his yesterday vet fetish because tomorrow is scary if a guy was just drafted and we won't play anyone unless we have to because omg we want to get somewhere and we can't do this because my collar is too tight and I can't breathe.
                  Which is precisely why drafting 11 players is complete bunk. There is no room for 11 rookies. At very best 3 of them see the field, and the practice squad isn't going to be all rookies. Bills have to maximize their draft equity and get players who are real day one starters regardless of cost. I don't care if they trade 6 of the 11 picks away, get players who will see the field. McD can barely start 1 rookie. and quite frankly if we have 3 low draft round rookies starting we're screwed.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                    Which is precisely why drafting 11 players is complete bunk. There is no room for 11 rookies. At very best 3 of them see the field, and the practice squad isn't going to be all rookies. Bills have to maximize their draft equity and get players who are real day one starters regardless of cost. I don't care if they trade 6 of the 11 picks away, get players who will see the field. McD can barely start 1 rookie. and quite frankly if we have 3 low draft round rookies starting we're screwed.
                    Brown started as a rookie

O'Torrence started every game as a rookie

Edmunds started every game as a rookie

McDermott will play rookies, they just have to be good enough to see the field.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      Brown started as a rookie

O'Torrence started every game as a rookie

Edmunds started every game as a rookie

McDermott will play rookies, they just have to be good enough to see the field.
                      Not in the same season.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Realistically I can see 2DTs, 1 DE, 2 Safeties, 1 CB drafted to make the team on defense.

On offense, 2 WRs, 2 O-Linemen, 1 RB.

That's 11 already. Ideally we get a starter from WR, DT (rotation), DE (rotation), safety. But probably unlikely that many.
                        Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 03-21-2024, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                          Realistically I can see 2DTs, 1 DE, 2 Safeties, 1 CB drafted to make the team on defense.

On offense, 2 WRs, 2 O-Linemen, 1 RB.

That's 11 already. Ideally we get a starter from WR, DT (rotation), DE (rotation), safety. But probably unlikely that many.
                          Do you mean this coming season?

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
                            Solid signing, gives flexibility in the draft. They still need to replace Morse
                            They already have. McGovern will do just fine.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

Yes. There is literally no one behind Oliver and Jones. Almost nada in FA market. It is a safe gamble they will get 2. They will count on at least 1 being involved heavily into rotation, so one might be drafted high. Reminds me of a McCargo, Kyle Williams draft year. Hope we get one outstanding starter out of that.

DE is a premium a position. I see Beane continue to swing there, especially with Von Miller situation. I admit this one may not start that much because I can see them go to them prototypical raw talent route to shoot for an eventual star.

Safety wise, I think they will let Hamlin walk next year, and they really need someone now. On CB, not extending Douglas beyond this year tells me that they'd prefer to draft a guy this year.

Receiver wise, without saying they will be looking for talent, preferable X type receivers. I think they will double dip. O-Line, Morse, Bates are gone. Did we replace them with any new signings (not someone that was on the roster last year)?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                                Yes. There is literally no one behind Oliver and Jones. Almost nada in FA market. It is a safe gamble they will get 2. They will count on at least 1 being involved heavily into rotation, so one might be drafted high. Reminds me of a McCargo, Kyle Williams draft year. Hope we get one outstanding starter out of that.

DE is a premium a position. I see Beane continue to swing there, especially with Von Miller situation. I admit this one may not start that much because I can see them go to them prototypical raw talent route to shoot for an eventual star.

Safety wise, I think they will let Hamlin walk next year, and they really need someone now. On CB, not extending Douglas beyond this year tells me that they'd prefer to draft a guy this year.

Receiver wise, without saying they will be looking for talent, preferable X type receivers. I think they will double dip. O-Line, Morse, Bates are gone. Did we replace them with any new signings (not someone that was on the roster last year)?
                                I agree with pretty much all of this.

I can see the draft going something along these lines:

WR--starter this year
                                Safety--Starter this year
                                DT--Starter next year/heavy rotation this year
                                Center--Starter possibly this year, if not next
                                DE--Backup this year, possible future starter
                                Corner--same as DE

I also think they will draft multiple DTs and probably a RB at some point too

Comment

Working...
                                X