Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSLs… Who is buying?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: PSLs… Who is buying?

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Well...to be fair, the Sabres ARE like a minor league team.
    AND the Bills are currently competitive however it is run like a minor league team.

Who puts their inexperienced wife in the position of President of both a NHL and NFL team?

The ticket prices for the Bills was one of the least expensive in the league but now because the Owner is funding his 25% contribution (minimum amount per NFL rules) through PSLs, more Club Seats and Suites which are all revenues NOT shared with the other NFL owners, is going to go to above average NFL prices in a geographic area that simple can NOT afford that high pricing.

Frack You Terry!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh please. For $200M (the equivalent of about $10K to average folks)?!?!?!

It's not about "priced out the "normal" people" it's about pure, unadulterated, shameless GREED.
    Your perception of greed isn't something new, it's every part of society right now... Why would it be any different in Buffalo or for sports in general?

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024),TheConsigliere (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,718 Times in 7,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsigliere View Post
    AND the Bills are currently competitive however it is run like a minor league team.

Who puts their inexperienced wife in the position of President of both a NHL and NFL team?

The ticket prices for the Bills was one of the least expensive in the league but now because the Owner is funding his 25% contribution (minimum amount per NFL rules) through PSLs, more Club Seats and Suites which are all revenues NOT shared with the other NFL owners, is going to go to above average NFL prices in a geographic area that simple can NOT afford that high pricing.

Frack You Terry!!!
    That is a such a specious observation that I do not buy for a second.

NO NFL team owner is "experienced" in having pretty much anything to do with a professional sports team before they buy it.

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team (the football part) even after owning one for decades.

Ralph Wilson is evidence of that.

From all media reports I have read. Kim Pegula did an outstanding job of president of the Bills and her health issues keeping her away from the team was felt in a negative way.

The Sabres, I could not care less. .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is a such a specious observation that I do not buy for a second.

NO NFL team owner is "experienced" in having pretty much anything to do with a professional sports team before they buy it.

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team (the football part) even after owning one for decades.

Ralph Wilson is evidence of that.

From all media reports I have read. Kim Pegula did an outstanding job of president of the Bills and her health issues keeping her away from the team was felt in a negative way.

The Sabres, I could not care less. .
    Go do your own research on Kim’s education and business experience.

Then get back to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then get back to me.
    Irrelevant.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 3,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Irrelevant.
    How is business education and experience irrelevant to running a multi-billion dollar sports franchise?

8. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    How is business education and experience irrelevant to running a multi-billion dollar sports franchise?
    I love me some Notty but a bigger HOMER you will not find.

Every time I point out that Kim may have graduated with a Communications degree from Christian college Houghton College and that when she first met Terry at that bar she was not working there but applying to work there, I am criticized as being sexist.

I could not give a crap if Kim was a man or a woman,

She was NEVER qualified to be the President of both the Bills and Sabres.

It was NOT irrelevant since her role in those positions was NOT to simply smile.

Kim would have been part of a decision making group with Terry that hired Sabre and Bills GMs and in fact the hiring of Sean McD.

How is that irrelevant?

The record of the Sabres GMs that were hired is pathetic.

It was Kim that delivered that fateful slide presentation when the Sabres organization was gutted with cutbacks that said the #1 goal was in essence was Preserve Ownership Wealth.

I wrote about it extensively back then and would rather not relive it again.

If this era of the Bills goes sideways and the enormous talent of Josh Allen comes and goes without a Super Bowl Championship, the legacy of Pegula Ownership will not be looked at with fond memories except by HOMERS who are merely content that the Pegulas kept major league professional sports in their minor league city of Buffalo.

I am not from Buffalo.

I want to win Championships.

10. Post thanked by:

Chet (04-07-2024),Lone Stranger (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team.
    No but the most successful team, the clueless owner hires sport specific knowledge people and gets out of the way.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

12. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (04-06-2024),TheConsigliere (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,850 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kansas City taxpayers voted down grifting owners' wishes for a new stadium.

14. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I love me some Notty but a bigger HOMER you will not find.

Every time I point out that Kim may have graduated with a Communications degree from Christian college Houghton College and that when she first met Terry at that bar she was not working there but applying to work there, I am criticized as being sexist.

I could not give a crap if Kim was a man or a woman,

She was NEVER qualified to be the President of both the Bills and Sabres.

It was NOT irrelevant since her role in those positions was NOT to simply smile.

Kim would have been part of a decision making group with Terry that hired Sabre and Bills GMs and in fact the hiring of Sean McD.

How is that irrelevant?

The record of the Sabres GMs that were hired is pathetic.

It was Kim that delivered that fateful slide presentation when the Sabres organization was gutted with cutbacks that said the #1 goal was in essence was Preserve Ownership Wealth.

I wrote about it extensively back then and would rather not relive it again.

If this era of the Bills goes sideways and the enormous talent of Josh Allen comes and goes without a Super Bowl Championship, the legacy of Pegula Ownership will not be looked at with fond memories except by HOMERS who are merely content that the Pegulas kept major league professional sports in their minor league city of Buffalo.

I am not from Buffalo.

I want to win Championships.

You too have no earthy idea what being a "homer" even means. I also strongly suspect you have no earthly idea what an owner and/or president of a NFL team is responsible for.

Kim Pegula worked side-by-side with Terry Pegula for years and has been intimately involved, as a partner, with their businesses. She has just as much "experience' as any NFL owner. She absolutely is "qualified" to be the CEO and president of the Buffalo Bills. I don't give a rat's ass about the Sabres.

The decision to hire Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane were and remain to this day as EXCELLENT choices and why the Buffalo Bills were brought from the gutter of crappy NFL franchises into one of the best organizations in the NFL.

You want to smear and denigrate her, that's your business. I'm not paying any attention to your opinion.

16. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then get back to me.

I did. I stand by my opinion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    No but the most successful team, the clueless owner hires sport specific knowledge people and gets out of the way.
    B-I-N-G-O!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can you all imagine how muck these PSL’s and individual ticket prices would be if it was a dome?!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can you all imagine how muck these PSL’s and individual ticket prices would be if it was a dome?!!!
    Nita, this is not meant as a gift towards you, just an observation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have done that.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,519 Times in 4,891 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have done that.

I'd argue that the Bills LUCKED their way into getting Beane & McDermott.

By comparison, look at who the Sabres have hired(and fired).

If you want a successful franchise in the Pegula portfoilo, go look at the NLL's Buffalo Bandits. Their GM is not afraid to make deals to improve the team as needed(AND he's played the game as well; Buffalo was one of the teams he played for). They draw very well and have for some time. Winning a championship(as they did in 2023)will help increase their visibility. (Full disclosure: I've been a STH for well over a decade.)
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

23. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (04-07-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's why they said the dome wasn't feasible ... because all the whiners who want to play football inside aren't the ones who are going to be paying for the dome ...

The PSLs are a one time money grab though. They end up being a fixed asset. You can sell them. So the Bills fan who can afford a second beach house and corporate america is who they are going for.

And they just need to sell a PSL on a seat ONE TIME in the lifetime of the stadium and their numbers work out.

And now that few or no one here can afford season tickets .... whammo they have more disposable income available to pay for individual tickets.

They've got a sliding scale of outpriced ex season ticket holders to now fill up their stadium purchasing tix they were not yet able to sell a PSL on.

These people are doing their research and found out the price sensitivity was too high to build a dome and it would end up losing money by never selling a PSL and leaving that cash grab empty.

25. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 3,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Might be worth it then.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    I'd argue that the Bills LUCKED their way into getting Beane & McDermott.

By comparison, look at who the Sabres have hired(and fired).

If you want a successful franchise in the Pegula portfoilo, go look at the NLL's Buffalo Bandits. Their GM is not afraid to make deals to improve the team as needed(AND he's played the game as well; Buffalo was one of the teams he played for). They draw very well and have for some time. Winning a championship(as they did in 2023)will help increase their visibility. (Full disclosure: I've been a STH for well over a decade.)
    I already said, I don't give a rat's ass about the Sabres. Their problems are long running and the NHL is NOT anything close to the NFL.

"LUCKED their way into getting Beane and McDermott"?!?!? I doubt that very much. Of course there is always an amount of "luck" in the NFL. The Pegula's, after stumbling for a little bit like the new owners they were, made excellent hires in McD and then Beane, and gave them the keys to the football operation and deferred to their expertise. No leaks of them meddling...AT ALL!!!

What is critical is what the Pegula's did AFTER hiring McD & Beane. The result has been one of the most successful NFL franchises in the game today....after being (mostly) the laughingstock of the NFL for almost all their 50+ year of existence. Even the handful of successful years were ****ed up by a meddling, awful owner who invented a power struggle with the (up until that time) best GM the Bills ever had in Bill Polian.

Keep in mind that signing draft picks was a LOT more difficult in those days because there was no rookie contract limitation like today. There was no cap either. Bill Polian built a winner despite those challenges. Wilson was, at heart, a cheapskate bastard and everyone knew that he hated paying players the big bucks they deserved.

Even after the cap, in the early 2000's Wilson instituted the absurd "cash to cap" baloney. He also pimped the Bills out to Toronto.

There was a power struggle between Bill Polian and Ralph Wilson's bean counter, Jeffrey Littmann, who was treasurer of Wilson's Detroit based business. Of course, Wilson's lackey won and instead of leaving his stupid ignorant hands off the football operations, he gave Littmann, who had less football knowledge than anyone here, immense power.

That power struggle and Littmann's bean counter mentality is what led to the "drought".

The Pegula's had a completely different mindset. After they hired McD and Beane, they went out of their way to defer to their judgment and their successful path to bring the Bills back to respectability....and then some!

Anyway, the absurd idea that the Bills are somehow a failure because they have not yet won a Super Bowl with Josh Allen and that reflects badly on Kim Pegula is beyond stupid.

A reminder that since Josh came into the league, five of those six years only one of TWO QB's have won a Super Bowl. Two of the GOAT'S...Brady and Mahomes. Only ONE team without either of them has won a title. The main reason why the other team, LA Rams, won one was because Mahomes had one of the rarest events in his career....a bad playoff game vs Cincy.

The three passes Mahomes made in OT, culminating with the game sealing INT, may be the worst three consecutive passes Mahomes has had in his career.

Those fans that want to turn up their arrogant noses at the amazing success the Bills have enjoyed the past five years, accomplishing what 30 other teams can only dream of....5 consecutive playoff berths and 4 consecutive division titles, only bested by one team....because they have not YET won a Super Bowl, and denigrate the Pegula's and in particular Kim Pegula, are insufferable bores.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,342 Times in 15,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

29. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-09-2024),sukie (04-10-2024),TheConsigliere (04-09-2024)