Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSLs… Who is buying?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,186 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

PSLs… Who is buying?

So I can’t link it… Buff News Subscribe screen pop up but PSLs are being presented to club level current ticket holders. Club level ranges 20-50k per seat per license.

lower bowl seats 15k.

now you can plunk down 20% and have 2 years 0 interest…

if I lived up there, I would have “Zero Interest”

from what I see is the PSL is for 30 years, you can also sell it. Wooo hooo

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: PSLs… Who is buying?

Now the 50k per seat gives you rights to those seats when they turn the stadium into a “Giant Mud Pit” for the Monster Truck Jam.

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-24-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,421 Times in 7,291 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No license required to sit on my comfy couch at home, have reasonably priced food and drinks, and no line for the bathroom. No traffic to fight for 3 hours after the game. Hard pass.

5. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (03-31-2024),Historian (03-24-2024),Lone Stranger (03-29-2024),TheConsigliere (03-23-2024)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,918 Times in 4,371 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No thanks.

I have very little interest of ever going to another game. 3 hours away to sit in the cold, rain, or whatever isn't for me anymore.

I'll watch from my couch.

Should have built a dome.

But ya never know.

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (03-24-2024),Lone Stranger (03-29-2024),TheConsigliere (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

4 seats 200k for a lease . There are many many many homes in WNY that cost less AND have better bathroom arrangements (and cheaper beer and food)

9. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is an interesting price increase. Depending on the contract available to transfer this property is going to determine if they can be successful financing this stadium.

I'll say it again: The day Pegula came to the table with something financially viable with banks to build this stadium for the Bills was a huge day in Western New York history. All of the people involved have done a great deal of work and they have leveraged some things against future unknowns. If nothing else, I applaud them for taking a shot at this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Price increase over what? The current stadium has no PSLs.

thisvis just a 30 year license to buy the season tickets.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,308 Times in 13,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Price increase over what? The current stadium has no PSLs.

thisvis just a 30 year license to buy the season tickets.
    It’s not “technically” a price increase. It is effectively a price increase. I won’t say who cuz it’s not my business, but I have a lot of former posters from here on FB. One, who has bae a longtime season ticket holder, said that he’s being priced out by the cost of the PSL’s. I’m not really sure WNY has the economy to support a PSL model.

13. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (03-29-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It’s not a price increase it’s an additional expense on top of ticket prices. But you have a shot at those Primo concert tickets.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,421 Times in 7,291 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It’s not “technically” a price increase. It is effectively a price increase. I won’t say who cuz it’s not my business, but I have a lot of former posters from here on FB. One, who has bae a longtime season ticket holder, said that he’s being priced out by the cost of the PSL’s. I’m not really sure WNY has the economy to support a PSL model.
    People are going to need to take 2nd mortgages to pay a PSL. More pushing the average guy out of everything. It's bull ****.

16. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    No license required to sit on my comfy couch at home, have reasonably priced food and drinks, and no line for the bathroom. No traffic to fight for 3 hours after the game. Hard pass.
    If I miss the smell of those port-a-potties at Noon of a game day at Hammer’s Lot, I can just take a big whiff of my kennel before cleaning up after the Great Dane.

I am not giving up my half time hot tub for no PSL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsigliere View Post
    If I miss the smell of those port-a-potties at Noon of a game day at Hammer’s Lot, I can just take a big whiff of my kennel before cleaning up after the Great Dane.

I am not giving up my half time hot tub for no PSL.
    That’s nothing. The smell of those very Port-o-Lets was significantly worse exponentially AFTER you exited them left the area in your wake… those poor people.

19. Post thanked by:

TheConsigliere (03-23-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There was no way Buffalo was ever getting a new stadium without PSL’s, it’s just the way the modern game is. It will absolutely price some people out, but that’s just an unfortunate reality of getting a new home. I would expect a ticket price increase as well.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    There was no way Buffalo was ever getting a new stadium without PSL’s, it’s just the way the modern game is. It will absolutely price some people out, but that’s just an unfortunate reality of getting a new home. I would expect a ticket price increase as well.
    Problem is… who is gonna come in and buy up the seats for the people who get priced out? The “unfortunate reality” doesn’t make it sustainable for WNY.

22. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (03-29-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They are building future revenue streams from the cost of owning a season ticket. That's a price increase on a season ticket.

If they don't have the price points set in the right place they will change which is interesting.

So, let's say you plop down $15K on the current contract and they change the offer to 10K next year. Do they refund you the 5K?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Problem is… who is gonna come in and buy up the seats for the people who get priced out? The “unfortunate reality” doesn’t make it sustainable for WNY.
    Well they are saying they trust their ability to sell single seats and not have everyone be a season ticket holder....

What I am saying is they have done some mixture analysis here and have a pretty decent vision of things that could happen with these numbers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,483 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There will be a lot of single game seats being sold weekly.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Well they are saying they trust their ability to sell single seats and not have everyone be a season ticket holder....

What I am saying is they have done some mixture analysis here and have a pretty decent vision of things that could happen with these numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    There will be a lot of single game seats being sold weekly.
    Single game tickets will sell… when we’re winning. The NFL is cyclical and there’s always a down cycle. Maybe it’s this year, maybe it’s 5 years from now, maybe Josh plays well until he’s 40 and the down cycle doesn’t start til then. But it will come.

There will come a time when it’s Christmas weekend and we’re 3-10 and it’s 25 degrees and snowing. Who’s gonna buy a single game ticket then?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That’s not really a problem because the seats will still sell. It just may not be the same fans as always. Plus I’m sure they’re hoping a new stadium will attract more upper income individuals from around the area. People looking for the experience and social media post of being at a game more so than being an actual fan of any one team. Their money often spends easier anyways.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    That’s not really a problem because the seats will still sell. It just may not be the same fans as always. Plus I’m sure they’re hoping a new stadium will attract more upper income individuals from around the area. People looking for the experience and social media post of being at a game more so than being an actual fan of any one team. Their money often spends easier anyways.
    Yes. They are using this to change the complexion of the crowd and skim the top to get people with the lowest price sensitivity to pay higher prices for the product.

It might feel like being priced out but this might actually make more games available to common fans because the stadium will be less full of season ticket holders.

It requires them to field a competitive team. The stadium is being built for Josh Allen not Trend Edwards.