Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convulsions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convuls

No first. Roscoe in the 2nd.

Wow

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Re: Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convuls

2010. Bad.

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Worst Bills draft ever?
        2016 was my favorite mock draft of all time. I called it the John Butler Memorial draft, where I only took players from small schools.

I took Javon Hargrave in the 2nd round and Matt Judon in the 3rd, and Tyler Higbee in the 4th. I took Nick Vigil too, who I think had a longer career than Reggie Raglund.

It makes up for me taking Paxton Lynch in the 1st.

Both Hargrave and Judon would have been there where I took them.

Instead we got Shaq Lawson and Adolphous Washington.

No doubt in my mind that 2016 was a Rex Ryan draft. Another reason we shouldn't have hired him...He was a team killer and a GM killer.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
          2016 was my favorite mock draft of all time. I called it the John Butler Memorial draft, where I only took players from small schools.

I took Javon Hargrave in the 2nd round and Matt Judon in the 3rd, and Tyler Higbee in the 4th. I took Nick Vigil too, who I think had a longer career than Reggie Raglund.

No doubt in my mind that 2016 was a Rex Ryan draft. Another reason we shouldn't have hired him...He was a team killer and a GM killer.
          A lot of us could have done better than those maroons in those dark times. Your picks of Hargrove and Judon would have obviously been huge scores and obliterated our actual draft. I got many examples of my own drafts…

McKinnie over Mike Williams.
          Orakpo over Maybin.
          Ngata over Whitner.
          and Mahomie over trading the pick.

What could have been.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

You picked some good players but when you miss on a QB... I guess you would have tried again in 2018 to get a QB...

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Lots of big time busts there, like Manuel and Watkins.

There were a few decent mid-level players taken during those years, like Kiko, Badham, Wood, Moats, and some that had success elsewhere, like Goodwin, and Gilmore, unfortunately, they were coached by idiots like Ryan, Gailey, and Jauron.

At least Beane and McDermott seem to have a plan, even if half that plan is bringing in guys from Carolina.

When I think of the money I blew on those teams I kinda want to be sick.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

It was 17 years of bad front offices and coaches.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Still hated 2010. After Spiller it was down hill

Ed Wang?

sad note Kyle Calloway selected 7th round never played an NFL game. Bills cut him , waived by Ravens then signed with UFL team in 2011.

at age 29. Jogging next to railroad tracks. Hit by train from behind. My lord.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                    You picked some good players but when you miss on a QB... I guess you would have tried again in 2018 to get a QB...
                    Actually, the next year I took Mahomes. Sorry, the database crash destroyed the thread, but I did. I still remember that night and my oldest son calling me and starting the conversation with "so how PO'd are you right now?" lol.

It wasn't until the next day, listening to Andy Reid's PC and him talking about WHY they wanted Mahomes that I got PO'd.

But then we got Josh the next year.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                        Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.
                        Yeah, that was a really dumb move. I wanted Donald.

Comment

Working...
                        X