Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convulsions

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,342 Times in 15,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convuls

Lots of big time busts there, like Manuel and Watkins.

There were a few decent mid-level players taken during those years, like Kiko, Badham, Wood, Moats, and some that had success elsewhere, like Goodwin, and Gilmore, unfortunately, they were coached by idiots like Ryan, Gailey, and Jauron.

At least Beane and McDermott seem to have a plan, even if half that plan is bringing in guys from Carolina.

When I think of the money I blew on those teams I kinda want to be sick.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Care to take a trip down NFL Draft memory lane? Be warned it might induce convuls

It was 17 years of bad front offices and coaches.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Still hated 2010. After Spiller it was down hill

Ed Wang?

sad note Kyle Calloway selected 7th round never played an NFL game. Bills cut him , waived by Ravens then signed with UFL team in 2011.

at age 29. Jogging next to railroad tracks. Hit by train from behind. My lord.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,905 Times in 4,025 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    You picked some good players but when you miss on a QB... I guess you would have tried again in 2018 to get a QB...
    Actually, the next year I took Mahomes. Sorry, the database crash destroyed the thread, but I did. I still remember that night and my oldest son calling me and starting the conversation with "so how PO'd are you right now?" lol.

It wasn't until the next day, listening to Andy Reid's PC and him talking about WHY they wanted Mahomes that I got PO'd.

But then we got Josh the next year.

5. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (03-30-2024)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.

7. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (03-31-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Trading up for Watkins for two 1sts vs getting Mike Evans, OBJ, Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zach Martin… Hell Devante Adams went #53. Lordy RB and DW smoked a big bowl the night prior.
    Yeah, that was a really dumb move. I wanted Donald.