X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Ranking 15 best wide receivers in 2024 NFL Draft class

For the record, I pay attention to two analysts rankings and grading. Scouts Inc. (ESPN) and Dane Brugler, The Athletic. The both offer up their Top 100 players irrespective of position and within that the position rank. Scout's Inc. provides a grade.

Both of them have more or less the same players within their top 100. Scou7ts Inc has two (#92 & #96) that Brugler does not.

Although they do not match up perfectly with overall ranked, they DO match 100% in position rank of the top 17 WR's.

Scouts Inc. OVL Rank Scouts Inc. WR Rank Scouts Inc. Grade Dane Brugler OVL Rank Dane Brugler WR Rank
    Marvin Harrison 2 1 95 2 1
    Malik Nabers 4 2 94 3 2
    Rome Odunze 7 3 93 7 3
    Adonai Mitchell 23 4 90 14 4
    Brian Thomas 24 5 90 28 5
    Xavier Legette 28 6 89 34 6
    Ladd McConkey 29 7 88 35 7
    Xavier Worthy 33 8 87 40 8
    Keon Coleman 37 9 87 45 9
    Ricky Pearsall 45 10 85 46 10
    Troy Frankin 52 11 84 49 11
    Roman Wilson 70 12 79 54 12
    Brenden Rice 80 13 78 64 13
    Jalen McMillian 81 14 77 65 14
    Malachi Corley 82 15 77 78 15
    Javon Baker 86 16 77 80 16
    Devontez Walker 88 17 76 97 17
    Ja'Lynn Polk 92 18 75
    Jermaine Burton 96 19 74

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Last year I kept track of Scout's Inc overall rank and position rank, and the actual draft results. The first six WR chosen they were pretty close on overall rank. What was amazing is that they pegged the order the WR's would go extremely closely.

Almost all of them were right on or off by one position. They had Smith-Njigba and Zay Flowers as first two off the board, which they were.

The next three were slightly off.

3rd off the board was Jordan Addison, Scouts had him going 4th. 4th off the board was Quentin Johnson, Scouts had him going 3rd. 5th off was Jonathan Mingo, Scouts had him going 6th.

I suspect they will be similarly accurate for 2024.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
        I agree with all this and I don’t like his attitude, body language and pouting when things are going well.
        Let's hope every team looking for a QB make the mistake of gobbling them up early.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

i suspect the reason we traded diggs is because the bills probably have 8-9 WRs all given a high to mid first round grade this year and they just don't see how they'll all be gone by the time we draft.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
            Kinda suprised Ricky Pearsall of FLorida isn't on the list.

900 yards last year for the Gators.

Athletically, he's there. If you are a RAS, guy, he scored a 9.78.

6'01" 190 lbs.

4.41 forty, which is equal to Troy Franklin.

42" vertical
            6.64 cone
            4.05 shuttle

known as a very good route runner and great hands. Dropped 6 balls in his career.

Had the best catch in college footall last year (right at the beginning of the vid).

knocks on him are that he might have trouble against press coverage, but then most college WRs do.

He might not do one thing great (except his hands..which are great), but he does many things very well.

He checks a good deal of boxes. I doubt he makes it to 60.
            He doesn’t play anywhere near the level of speed or athleticism that he tests at which I would bet is why you’re not seeing him higher. Hands are great, but lots of doubts about if he has the quickness to slip coverage a slot guy in the NFL. He has shown some route manipulation to beat defenses in the SEC, but he’ll need to prove that is truly intentional on the white board and in visits as opposed to an under developed route tree.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DetoxTent
              • Sep 2023

That was one hell of a stickum catch, cookie.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                i suspect the reason we traded diggs is because the bills probably have 8-9 WRs all given a high to mid first round grade this year and they just don't see how they'll all be gone by the time we draft.
                That was definitely considered in their calculation.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  He doesn’t play anywhere near the level of speed or athleticism that he tests at which I would bet is why you’re not seeing him higher. Hands are great, but lots of doubts about if he has the quickness to slip coverage a slot guy in the NFL. He has shown some route manipulation to beat defenses in the SEC, but he’ll need to prove that is truly intentional on the white board and in visits as opposed to an under developed route tree.
                  Maybe. I've seen a few people say it early on. But idk, I found a YT video last week that had every catch and target for him. The times he looked "slow" or at least not-so -fast, were the times he was moving into a soft area of a zone. That's a completely different type of route. Many of the catches when he did so were late. IF the QB would have gotten him the ball earlier, you would have probably seen more YAC.

I have no idea how he is going deep, since he wasn't used that way very often.

Most people I see had him ranked between 8-10 WR, which in this year is pretty good. I think his stock has risen after the Senior Bowl.

Its why it surprised me that he wasn't in the top 15. But then, its a SB Nation article.

IF all he can do is play short or intermediate routes, we got enough guys in the middle of the field in the 5-15 yard range.

But I really don't know how good he is at the deep ball.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                    I really like Ladd McConkey, only 5-10 but runs a 4.39 and is probably the best route runner in the draft. I also like Roman Wilson, also 5-10 and runs 4.39 Maybe McConkey is late 1st or early 2nd, but I don't think he get passed KC.
                    From what I have read about McConkey, he has the same skill sets as both Shakir and Samuel. Not to say the Bills won't consider him.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                      The top 3 QBs will be gone by the 3rd overall pick. After them (and at best I can see 1 of them succeeding) it's a bunch of also-rans.
                      All of this years crop of QBs are “also rans”.

I’d be shocked if even one turned out to be great.

Jayden Daniels probably has the highest likelihood of becoming a star the rest are future backups.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

Jayden Daniels probably has the highest likelihood of becoming a star the rest are future backups.
                        I don't disagree with you.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

Agree on Daniels that's who my nephew wants as the Raiders QB.

I'm hoping teams get this wrong and draft at least 6 maybe 7 QB's in the 1st round .... the more the merrier for damn sure

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Im really liking Steve Smith's persepctive on the WR class.

I had a date cancelled last night, so I got to watch a few of them. He brings a unique perspective to the eval process.

a Few highlights:

-Loves, loves Polk. "He's a dog".

-Malachi Corley - Not suprisingly, loves him. Calls him the steal of the draft.

-Brendan Rice- gave him a comp of Pachecho, which made me laugh, because I knew exactly what he meant. He is an angry route runner.

-Tez Walker- says he should have stayed in school another year. I imagine its because of his hands.

-AD Mitchell- in this vid, he says he's a "90 percent body catcher". But he did another vid on Mitchell specifically and kinda retracted the comment. Now says, after watching him more, he's a top 5 WR.

-Xavier Leggette- You could tell he really likes him. Gave a comp of a slightly better DK Metcalf. When the Doofus who's with him asked if he meant, "DK Metcalf now or when he was drafted?" He just smiled and repeated it. I got to watch his video of Leggette specifically, he brought up everyone's concern...the 1 year of productivity. He questioned whether it was like a player in the NFL playing for a contract year. Said several times...which Leggette are you getting? But in the end, you could tell he liked him. And said you can't wait until the 2nd round. He broke down one play, a 10-12 yard comeback route. And pointed out how quick he comes to a stop and turns. It was like a step and a half. His eval of Leggette would make me better about taking him in the 1st (I'd still want Mitchell 1st).

He's really a good listen. I recommend it.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Leggette is the guy whose train I've been aboard for awhile now. And I think he'll be there at 28.

Comment

• Mad Max
                                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                                • Mar 2003

Man that dude has always been hard to listen to. Barely coherent and seemingly is doing battle with the words coming out of his mouth.

Saving grace here was he read off of notes…and he did offer up some decent analysis.

Oh and Gooby…the Leggette hype train is going to be full steam by the time the draft arrives.

Comment

Working...
                                X