• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Buffalo Bills pre-draft top-30 visits

Buffalo Bills met with OT Jordan Morgan on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills ended the 2023 NFL regular season with all of their starting offensive lineman playing every snap. With such amazing consistency and sheer luck, it was believed that little would be done to alter a group that found such success over the course of an entire season.

Then center Mitch Morse was let go, and Connor McGovern was named his successor — with David Edwards sliding in to fill McGovern’s now-vacated role. They also traded away offensive lineman Ryan Bates, who was someone many predicted to ascend to center once Morse was no longer with the team. Another year, more significant shake-ups within the offensive line room.

Perhaps that plays a role into the Bills’ decision to host offensive tackle Jordan Morgan with one of their top-30 pre-draft visits. One would naturally wonder how Morgan, a potential Round 1 or early Day 2 prospect, fits into the team’s immediate plans with left tackle Dion Dawkins having just signed a contract extension. Ask any NFL executive, and they’ll tell you that it’s impossible to have too many talented offensive linemen.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      Buffalo Bills hosted RB Trey Benson on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

Florida State running back Trey Benson made a top-30 pre-draft visit with the Buffalo Bills ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to Aaron Wilson. Though the role of a feature back has changed in the NFL, Benson profiles as someone who could thrive in such a situation as a pro.

The Bills currently list three running backs on their roster between James Cook, Ty Johnson, and Darrynton Evans. They’re likely to add at least one more at the position between the draft and training camp.
      So the Bills met with BOTH Audric Estime AND Trey Benson.

One is a coincidence but twice?

Both guys are BIG (220 plus) and can catch.

Id be thrilled with either tbh. Perfect third head for the snake Cook/Johnson/Estime (or Benson). Best RB room in the league.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Estime was great at ND. I’d love to see him in a Bills uni.

But I think this whole thing is an exercise in futility as most or all of these players will be gone by 28.

Also, trying to put my pro-ND bias aside: with all the other needs on the team and the way Cook played last year, I’m not sure using 28 on a RB is the best idea.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

But I think this whole thing is an exercise in futility as most or all of these players will be gone by 28.

Also, trying to put my pro-ND bias aside: with all the other needs on the team and the way Cook played last year, I’m not sure using 28 on a RB is the best idea.
          have you had a three martini lunch Opi?

These guys are NOT going in the first. We’re talking 3 round or later selections.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

This isn't 1994. I will be VERY surprised if a RB gets drafted in round 1.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

These guys are NOT going in the first. We’re talking 3 round or later selections.
              You’ll probably see Estime on Day 3. I think he’d be a good value pick in Round 4 or later, brings a different type of runner to our offense.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post

I guess it didn’t occur to me that they would bother with visits for guys who aren’t going to be first round picks anyway. By the end of the 2nd round, it’s a huge crapshoot as to if they’ll even be available.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

I guess it didn’t occur to me that they would bother with visits for guys who aren’t going to be first round picks anyway. By the end of the 2nd round, it’s a huge crapshoot as to if they’ll even be available.
                  Most of their 30 guys are later rounders. Only a handful are first rounders.
                  Makes sense considering where we’re picking.

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    You’ll probably see Estime on Day 3. I think he’d be a good value pick in Round 4 or later, brings a different type of runner to our offense.
                    I’d target him with our first fourth round pick. I doubt he lasts much longer than that.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

On Joe Marino's daily Bills podcast episode that he did today he reviewed all 17 players that have been confirmed as on of the 30 pre-draft visitors. It's worth a listen if you're interested. He said Beane also confirmed that they did use all 30 pre-draft visits, so there are still 13 player visits we don't know about.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Elam was a Top 30 visit.

Kincaid wasn't, but two other TE's were (Schoonmaker and Musgrave).

Torrence was a Top 30 last year.

YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                          Buffalo Bills hosted CB Qwan’tez Stiggers on a top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills recently brought in cornerback Qwan’tez Stiggers for a top-30 pre-draft visit ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft. Aaron Wilson was first to report that One Bills Drive was among the list of stops for Stiggers’ spring road trip.

Most recently a cornerback for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL), Stiggers carries an interesting and unusual football history. That’s due to the fact that Stiggers didn’t play a down of college football.
                          Quan'tez displays positively essential mechanics. You could say he operates with good energy anywhere on the field.

Comment

Working...
                          X