Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bills pre-draft top-30 visits

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills pre-draft top-30 visits

For the Bills, it’s no secret that they’re interested in adding talent to the wide receiver room — especially following Gabe Davis’ free-agency departure. On Friday, Tony Pauline was the first to share the news that One Bills Drive is hosting wide receiver Devontez Walker in Orchard Park, NY ahead of the draft. Walker’s visit marks the first dive into Buffalo’s top-30 schedule this spring.

Buffalo Bills to host WR Devontez Walker on pre-draft top-30 visit - Buffalo Rumblings
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Thanked 11,720 Times in 7,773 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo Bills pre-draft top-30 visits

I kept track of these last year. They had little in common to whom they actually drafted. I'm not going to waste my time this year even caring about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,588 Times in 17,463 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh better be in the building throwing to any wide receivers they bring in.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Josh better be in the building throwing to any wide receivers they bring in.
    Hope so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills in attendance at Pro Day for DT Jer’Zhan Newton - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills were one of several teams with representatives on-hand to take in defensive tackle Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton’s pro day at Illinois on Tuesday afternoon, according to a report by Jordan Schultz.

Schultz noted that Newton impressed, “showcasing elite explosion and power after a Jones fracture that he’s fully healed from.”

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Despite a continuous reminder of the receiver prospects who adorn the 2024 NFL Draft, and the Bills’ need at the position, there are plenty of other players who have excited teams when considering their potential fit.

Johnny Newton is one such player who, despite the injury setback, has a good chance of hearing his name called on opening night of the draft. One Bills Drive has added a fair bit of help along the interior defensive line, bolstering a unit that’s set to once again feature Ed Oliver and Da’Quan Jones at defensive tackle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As a penetrating interior defensive tackle, Newton made 187 tackles (80 solo), 27.5 tackles for loss, 18 sacks, five pass defenses, three fumble recoveries, and two forced fumbles in four seasons with Illinois.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marshawn Kneeland paid top-30 pre-draft visit to Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings

It should come as little surprise that the Bills have interest in Kneeland, and in adding players to their defensive line in general. All positions along the defensive trenches need a constant infusion of talent — and One Bills Drive appears to be focused on getting younger at defensive end.

Kneeland is a massive prospect at 6’3” and 267 pounds, and he put together a solid collegiate career. A four-year graduate of Western Michigan with a degree in sports management, Kneeland made 149 tackles (81 solo), 28 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, three pass defenses, and three forced fumbles.
    Last edited by Woodman; 04-18-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills hosted CB Qwan’tez Stiggers on a top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills recently brought in cornerback Qwan’tez Stiggers for a top-30 pre-draft visit ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft. Aaron Wilson was first to report that One Bills Drive was among the list of stops for Stiggers’ spring road trip.

Most recently a cornerback for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL), Stiggers carries an interesting and unusual football history. That’s due to the fact that Stiggers didn’t play a down of college football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills conducted top-30 visit with RB Audric Estimé

Yesterday was the final day for NFL teams to conduct pre-draft top-30 visits with prospects who will be available in next week’s NFL Draft. With time ticking away ahead of the Buffalo Bills’ opportunity to further infuse their roster with young talent, each visit carries plenty of importance.

Per an unnamed source reported by Ryan Talbot, the Bills have met with running back Audric Estimé as part of their top-30 slate of meetings.

Estimé, out of Nyack, NY, has had One Bills Drive’s collective eye for some time — with reports out of the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine stating that Buffalo had an official visit with the Notre Dame running back.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Buffalo Bills in attendance at Pro Day for DT Jer’Zhan Newton - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills were one of several teams with representatives on-hand to take in defensive tackle Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton’s pro day at Illinois on Tuesday afternoon, according to a report by Jordan Schultz.

Schultz noted that Newton impressed, “showcasing elite explosion and power after a Jones fracture that he’s fully healed from.”
    Would love this guy!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 1,003 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would love this guy!
    I’ve mentioned in the past that Johnny would be one of the few guys I’d consider taking over first round receiver this year. He’s special and I believe can be a game changer.

he’s not dropping to 28 though and I doubt Beane would move up for anything other than WR.

It’s fun to dream though somehow Johnny falls, then we take Keon Coleman in the second (he’s not one of my top guys because of speed but he can play and has size and beggars can’t be choosers in the late second round), then we take another one of my guys Audric Estime with our first fourth round pick and take a shot with Stiggers with the second pick.

13. Post thanked by:

Saratoga Slim (04-23-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I’ve mentioned in the past that Johnny would be one of the few guys I’d consider taking over first round receiver this year. He’s special and I believe can be a game changer.

he’s not dropping to 28 though and I doubt Beane would move up for anything other than WR.

It’s fun to dream though somehow Johnny falls, then we take Keon Coleman in the second (he’s not one of my top guys because of speed but he can play and has size and beggars can’t be choosers in the late second round), then we take another one of my guys Audric Estime with our first fourth round pick and take a shot with Stiggers with the second pick.
    The animal in me wants this guy ahead of the WR but like you said it seems they're headed in that direction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DT Khristian Boyd met with Buffalo Bills on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

As a small-school prospect, it’s likely that Boyd will need time to be coached up in the NFL, in the hopes that he can add even more explosion and enhance what appears to be a fairly limited toolbox of pass-rush moves to this point. But the potential is there in spade for Boyd, if he lands in the right spot.
    That could come via the Buffalo Bills, where Boyd wouldn’t be tasked with playing a significant starting role, instead likely filling a role as a depth player along the interior defensive line. He has the ideal size and frame to play defensive tackle in the NFL, and he brings scheme versatility to the table as someone fully capable playing 0-tech or 3-tech at the next level.
    Kristian Boyd is someone to keep an eye on landing with the Buffalo Bills during the final portion of the draft on Saturday.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills hosted RB Trey Benson on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

Florida State running back Trey Benson made a top-30 pre-draft visit with the Buffalo Bills ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to Aaron Wilson. Though the role of a feature back has changed in the NFL, Benson profiles as someone who could thrive in such a situation as a pro.

The Bills currently list three running backs on their roster between James Cook, Ty Johnson, and Darrynton Evans. They’re likely to add at least one more at the position between the draft and training camp.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills met with OT Jordan Morgan on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

The Buffalo Bills ended the 2023 NFL regular season with all of their starting offensive lineman playing every snap. With such amazing consistency and sheer luck, it was believed that little would be done to alter a group that found such success over the course of an entire season.

Then center Mitch Morse was let go, and Connor McGovern was named his successor — with David Edwards sliding in to fill McGovern’s now-vacated role. They also traded away offensive lineman Ryan Bates, who was someone many predicted to ascend to center once Morse was no longer with the team. Another year, more significant shake-ups within the offensive line room.

Perhaps that plays a role into the Bills’ decision to host offensive tackle Jordan Morgan with one of their top-30 pre-draft visits. One would naturally wonder how Morgan, a potential Round 1 or early Day 2 prospect, fits into the team’s immediate plans with left tackle Dion Dawkins having just signed a contract extension. Ask any NFL executive, and they’ll tell you that it’s impossible to have too many talented offensive linemen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills hosted RB Trey Benson on top-30 pre-draft visit - Buffalo Rumblings

Florida State running back Trey Benson made a top-30 pre-draft visit with the Buffalo Bills ahead of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to Aaron Wilson. Though the role of a feature back has changed in the NFL, Benson profiles as someone who could thrive in such a situation as a pro.

The Bills currently list three running backs on their roster between James Cook, Ty Johnson, and Darrynton Evans. They’re likely to add at least one more at the position between the draft and training camp.
    So the Bills met with BOTH Audric Estime AND Trey Benson.

One is a coincidence but twice?

Both guys are BIG (220 plus) and can catch.

Id be thrilled with either tbh. Perfect third head for the snake Cook/Johnson/Estime (or Benson). Best RB room in the league.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Estime was great at ND. I’d love to see him in a Bills uni.

But I think this whole thing is an exercise in futility as most or all of these players will be gone by 28.

Also, trying to put my pro-ND bias aside: with all the other needs on the team and the way Cook played last year, I’m not sure using 28 on a RB is the best idea.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

But I think this whole thing is an exercise in futility as most or all of these players will be gone by 28.

Also, trying to put my pro-ND bias aside: with all the other needs on the team and the way Cook played last year, I’m not sure using 28 on a RB is the best idea.
    have you had a three martini lunch Opi?

These guys are NOT going in the first. We’re talking 3 round or later selections.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

This isn't 1994. I will be VERY surprised if a RB gets drafted in round 1.

22. Post thanked by:

DetoxTent (04-23-2024)