X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Honestly, if you have a cancer in the team, you need to bite the bullet and rid yourself of them.

Diggs was one of my favourites. I defended him. But last year I saw a guy who had quit on his team. Unforgivable.

They lost a lot of veterans. A lot of them were also declining. If they draft well they can be well setup for next offseason with picks and cap room.

They will still be good as long as they have JA. maybe a step back year will also rid them of McDs poor coaching, though I fear he now has another built in scapegoat.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

No kidding I'm diggin the **** out of this move.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Does this mean Josh and Diggs wont be playing video games anymore?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
          No kidding I'm diggin the **** out of this move.
          And I just found out on NFL Live this will be the Vikings 2nd which will most likely be a much higher pick the Houston’s!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• RandyMoss84
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
            And I just found out on NFL Live this will be the Vikings 2nd which will most likely be a much higher pick the Houston’s!
            Not if Vikings find a way to win games with crappy quarterback play

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              Houston is gonna be a beast ..... Vikings have who's their QB again?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RandyMoss84 View Post
                Not if Vikings find a way to win games with crappy quarterback play
                They’re in a tough division with Detroit and Green Bay, the chances the Vikings make the playoffs or having a better record than the Texans are slim.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  you have issues
                  You know its their way.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Clumpy View Post
                    But this assumes that Bears are willing to trade down that far and also that Odunze is still available
                    Hence, the speculation.

Atlanta may be a good opportunity to move up as well.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      Beane: It was the best decision for the Bills.

Sure looks that way.

It sure looks like all the decisions made this off season are the best for the Bills.

I suspect that looking back, this off season could be pivotal in springboarding the Bills over the hump. If not this year, next.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

The Athletic is reporting....

The Bills had been going through the offseason with the belief that Diggs would be on the roster and was in their plans for 2024, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

…snip…

But the deal came together rather quickly. According to a source briefed on the matter, the Texans presented the Bills with an offer for Diggs on Tuesday, which set forward a 24-hour period of internal discussions by the Bills about dealing their star receiver. Those discussions even looped in ownership. The Bills agreed to the deal shortly before 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday, when Beane called Diggs to inform him of the trade.

…snip…

The Bills also took advantage of all their cap clearing preceding this deal, which also helps explain why they felt comfortable trading Diggs now. Before the trade, the Bills had around $6 or $7 million in cap space — but that was before the $10 million-plus boost in cap space they received for the Tre’Davious White post-June 1 designation. While they still need space for their rookie draft class, it’s nowhere close to the $16-plus million in cap space they would have had on June 1.

They had the flexibility to take on the additional $4 million cap hit now. While it takes away room for some post-draft dealings and creates a need to replace another starter, it also completely takes Diggs off the Bills’ 2025 books, while getting what could be an early second-round pick to do it. If the Bills hung on to Diggs for 2024 and either traded him for a likely much lesser pick next year or flat-out released him, they would have had a dead-cap charge of over $22 million on their books. They used taking on more of a dead-cap charge right now as leverage for a better pick.

…snip…

Beane and the Bills have been plenty aggressive with draft-day trades before. But now, armed with another second-round pick in next year’s draft, nothing should be ruled out regarding a massive move up the board. If the Bills can get their hands on Marvin Harrison Jr., Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze — or even Brian Thomas Jr. later in the first round — it would give them both a starter and a potential long-term No. 1 to pair with Allen. That would be the ultimate move that signals they are still quite serious about winning in 2024.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane on trading Stefon Diggs- Value, timing made sense for us - NBC Sports

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane held a press conference to discuss the team’s decision to trade wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Texans on Wednesday.
                          Diggs and a pair of late-round picks were sent to Houston in exchange for a 2025 second-round pick and the Bills will take on $31 million in dead cap space as a result of the deal, so one of the topics Beane touched on was whether this trade and an offseason that featured a lot of other veteran departures were a sign of the team taking a step back after four straight division titles.
                          Beane said that was “by no means” the case and that everything the team does is designed with winning in mind. He avoided saying whether Diggs requested a trade and said that there was not one particular moment that led to the decision to make the move now.

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                            When is step 2?

They LOST 4 mil in cap space on this. The FA market and trades have mostly happened already.

unless part 2 is the draft or next offseason….
                            I’m going out on a sturdy limb and say the next move is draft related. I doubt Beanes going to try and take another big salary swing for someone like Jefferson or Higgins.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Wish they could have kept Gabe.

If I had to pick 1 I would have picked Davis to stay vs Diggs.

Felt he made better plays and was a better teammate. Just Josh always had the pressure to look for Diggs first. Never really considered Diggs to be in the league of Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Kupp, Hill, Adams, Metcalf, Evans, Hopkins.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                                Unreachable Douche
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                                I’m going out on a sturdy limb and say the next move is draft related. I doubt Beanes going to try and take another big salary swing for someone like Jefferson or Higgins.
                                I’m good with WR, OL, WR, DL, S.

Comment

Working...
                                X