• Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I’m good with WR, OL, WR, DL, S.
    Yep. I said I would actually trade back a little to get another second as I think this draft is deep enough to get great value in WR, OL, DT in the s second with enough picks left over to take a few “athlete” shots.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      Brandon Beane on trading Stefon Diggs- Value, timing made sense for us - NBC Sports

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane held a press conference to discuss the team’s decision to trade wide receiver Stefon Diggs to the Texans on Wednesday.
      Diggs and a pair of late-round picks were sent to Houston in exchange for a 2025 second-round pick and the Bills will take on $31 million in dead cap space as a result of the deal, so one of the topics Beane touched on was whether this trade and an offseason that featured a lot of other veteran departures were a sign of the team taking a step back after four straight division titles.
      Beane said that was “by no means” the case and that everything the team does is designed with winning in mind. He avoided saying whether Diggs requested a trade and said that there was not one particular moment that led to the decision to make the move now.
      Yikes. That last line read as cancer.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane promises to "turn over every stone" to replace Stefon Diggs - NBC Sports

I think we do have a lot of confidence in our offense, in the other players, whether it’s receivers, the two tights, the backs. And, listen, we don’t play games until September. I would hope you know by now I’m going to turn over every stone, and our staff is, to continue to look to add depth and competition to all those rooms, so that when it’s time to play that we have a team we’re proud of and that’s going to go out there and give us a chance to win.”
        Beane said the move does not signal a rebuild for the Bills, who have yet to get over the hump and get to the Super Bowl in six seasons with Josh Allen at quarterback.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
          Brandon Beane promises to "turn over every stone" to replace Stefon Diggs - NBC Sports

I think we do have a lot of confidence in our offense, in the other players, whether it’s receivers, the two tights, the backs. And, listen, we don’t play games until September. I would hope you know by now I’m going to turn over every stone, and our staff is, to continue to look to add depth and competition to all those rooms, so that when it’s time to play that we have a team we’re proud of and that’s going to go out there and give us a chance to win.”
          Beane said the move does not signal a rebuild for the Bills, who have yet to get over the hump and get to the Super Bowl in six seasons with Josh Allen at quarterback.
          Beanie Baby isn’t done wheeling and dealing? Shocking news. Truly.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Yeah, maybe I'm missing some things.

Diggs as a Bill was a 19 mil cap hit. Not a Bill is a 31 mil cap hit. That's not 4 mil, it's 12.

Diggs was a team captain. Locker room cancer with culture motivational guy McDermott placid? No.

Only other player with as much fire to win is Allen. Diggs' production declined because they stopped throwing to him noim for the second year in a row. S'ok... they'll be a running team...with qb Josh Allen... seriously?

Rumors also say Beane was keeping him until Texans dangled a 2nd...and reference Keenan Allen.

We needed to complement a wr catching 100 plus balls a year to needing to replace him...and find another to complement that production. We're going to run! With qb Josh Allen we're going to be a running team? Really?

My best to Diggs. Yeah, that was a bad drop, but after how long using him on bubble screens bubble screens.
            .really ?

I think this was stupid....imho...

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

People are asking too much to turn this train wreck around. I don't care how many players and/or coaches we can poach from an organization that can't put a winning season together the "we've got Josh Allen we will be OK" is a blind attitude.

We will be lucky if Allen is physically, emotionally and intellectually healthy at the end of next season.

It looks like we have bought into preserving the status quo over winning.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Out with the old, in with the new. The KC playbook because we both have the QB.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by acehole View Post
                  I am not. Addition by subtraction.

If he was a douche in the locker room then we got a good deal.

We have enough skilled players now I am sure we will get 1-2 more.
                  A lot of addition by subtractions so far this offseason, supposedly.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Yeah, maybe I'm missing some things.

Diggs as a Bill was a 19 mil cap hit. Not a Bill is a 31 mil cap hit. That's not 4 mil, it's 12.

Diggs was a team captain. Locker room cancer with culture motivational guy McDermott placid? No.

Only other player with as much fire to win is Allen. Diggs' production declined because they stopped throwing to him noim for the second year in a row. S'ok... they'll be a running team...with qb Josh Allen... seriously?

Rumors also say Beane was keeping him until Texans dangled a 2nd...and reference Keenan Allen.

We needed to complement a wr catching 100 plus balls a year to needing to replace him...and find another to complement that production. We're going to run! With qb Josh Allen we're going to be a running team? Really?

My best to Diggs. Yeah, that was a bad drop, but after how long using him on bubble screens bubble screens.
                    .really ?

I think this was stupid....imho...
                    Josh never could be the man to Diggs but it's Allen's team now. We'll see what's he's got.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

The 2nd we got was much better than getting the Texans 2nd pick IMO.

We get the Vikings 2nd which will probably be 38-42 overall IMO.

The Texans 2nd rounder will be closer to pick 60 IMO.

20 or more picks sooner damn near a 1st.

Vikings have no QB .... here's hoping they go 0-17

The Texans well they have Stroud ..... definite contenders.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Diggs is not a #1 receiver. The trade said as much. And that includes the Bills.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                          Lamar Jackson disagrees with that statement
                          Allen couldn’t get past the Chiefs with Diggs. He’s not gonna do it without any players anywhere near Diggs’ skill level.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Diggs is not a #1 receiver. The trade said as much. And that includes the Bills.
                            Same reasoning one poster used to elevate the value that Edmunds had in the league.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Allen couldn’t get past the Chiefs with Diggs. He’s not gonna do it without any players anywhere near Diggs’ skill level.
                              Hey, he won't ignore Diggs anymore when he is wide f'n open tand instead make the wrong read in crunch time against the Chiefs ever again. So there's that ..

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                                He hasn't been for awhile.

He disappeared when it mattered most.

Comment

Working...
                                X