• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Getting a 2nd for Diggs is an absolute steal.

So Bills basically got Diggs for 4 years for 21st pick and will get back anywhere from 33-40th pick.

Great job BBB.
    That two will be very close to a 1.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane- I alerted Josh Allen that a Stefon Diggs trade wasn't off the table - NBC Sports

While Beane said during his Wednesday press conference that he hadn’t spoken to Allen since the trade was finalized, the G.M. had given his quarterback a heads up that Diggs could get moved.

“I did alert [Allen] that there had been some inquiries and it wasn’t 100 percent off the table,” Beane said, via the team’s website. “Josh and I have a pretty regular conversation on things and I think it’s important for me to make sure if I think something could happen to make sure he’s not blindsided,”

Beane added that he plans to touch base with Allen soon.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Getting a 2nd for Diggs is an absolute steal.

So Bills basically got Diggs for 4 years for 21st pick and will get back anywhere from 33-40th pick.

Great job BBB.
        Except for the not winning a championship part. And the $30 mil in dead cap in a year where we have no cap. That was ****ing brilliant!
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          Uh I didn't talk about you talking about the replacement part because I agree with you 100% that we are weaker at the moment without Diggs . I am simply stating that it's not as if Diggs was a huge factor when we play the Chiefs since you mentioned them specifically.
          But if Diggs wasn’t a factor against the chiefs, who do we have- or who can we get- that can be a factor? The answer, at least for 2024, is no one.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            But if Diggs wasn’t a factor against the chiefs, who do we have- or who can we get- that can be a factor? The answer, at least for 2024, is no one.
            That's what they are trying to do. I remember that you keep stating that doing what doesnt work over and over and expecting a different result is flawed. Time to try something else when it comes to playing the Chiefs. Between Allen and Diggs, I would rather the latter be the change.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Getting rid of Diggs could be extra motivation for Allen.

"You sure", **** yes.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

That's what they are trying to do. I remember that you keep stating that doing what doesnt work over and over and expecting a different result is flawed. Time to try something else when it comes to playing the Chiefs. Between Allen and Diggs, I would rather the latter be the change.
                Going to be real hard to replace 3 catches, 21 yards, 0 TD, massive drop, and should have been fumble. Not sure what pro can replace that.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

Sometimes you have to take a step back before finding a path to pass where you are. That's where we are.

I just watched the Shout! podcast where they had John Butler on. Butler pretty much said what everyone knows (including those at OBD) what the Bills need to break thru: beating the Chiefs in the playoff. We have the guy at the helm (Josh) who is as good as any swinging the picks, hammers, what have you, on that barrier. But we realized the picks and hammers are not good enough and they get dull after a few years. Time to ditch the old and try some new. We are right in between the and in the previous sentence. Of course we are not as good at the moment, and we probably won't know if the new ones are better until later. But we DO know that the old picks and hammers are NOT going to work.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Getting rid of Diggs could be extra motivation for Allen.

"You sure", **** yes.
                    That's exactly what's gonna happen.

Training wheels are off!

Full speed ahead baby!!!

Comment

• Chet
                      Allenhu Joshbar
                      • Feb 2017

The something that needed to change was Marty McDermott. This team is scared of big moments, and that’s a direct reflection on the ginger plank of wood calling the shots.

Any moves we make are moot while he’s still the HC. We can only hope that Beane is stockpiling for 2025. No aggressive draft or FA moves in 2024 please. This season needs a healthy dose of mag citrate so we’re good for the 2nd half of Allen’s career 2025-onward.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

So basically rather than keeping Diggs for this year (which I would have) because we already own his cap penalty this year, they decided to take the last cap hit this year and free up next years cap penalty (19mil or whatever it is). I think the drop off in talent is going to be too precipitous unless there's a big splash coming.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

This is drought era thinking.

Yes, doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result is insane. What’s more insane is getting worse and expecting an equal or better result.

During the drought, the team was actually good at one thing: getting rid of players who weren’t working. There were a lot of FA’s during the drought who got overpaid by other teams and the Bills were smart to let them walk. The failure came when they failed to replace them with anyone equal or better.

If we learned one thing during the drought, it should be that “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better.” Moving on from a guy and just promoting the next man on the bench doesn’t work.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Yes, doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result is insane. What’s more insane is getting worse and expecting an equal or better result.

During the drought, the team was actually good at one thing: getting rid of players who weren’t working. There were a lot of FA’s during the drought who got overpaid by other teams and the Bills were smart to let them walk. The failure came when they failed to replace them with anyone equal or better.

If we learned one thing during the drought, it should be that “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better.” Moving on from a guy and just promoting the next man on the bench doesn’t work.
                            Why are you brining up the drought when I specifically quoted your post pertaining to us playing the chiefs in the playoffs which you have often whined about . We couldnt beat them with the Allen/Diigs tandem, time to try something else. If anything its a mini drought against them in the playoffs if you want to talk about a drought.

OK since you used the dought as an example, Bean/McD has been successful at replacing players from the drought . He got rid of Darby, Dareus, Hughes , Aaron Williams and replaced them wiht guys like White, Hyde, Poyer,etc.

Is he perfect? NO . He made mistakes with guys like Benjamin but wasnt afraid to get rid of them . He also got rid of a coach he himself brought in like Rick Dennison and replaced him with Daboll which was the right move. If you are going to criticize this staff, dont use the drought. They werent part of it. They as a matter of FACT ended it.

My point in all of this is that for all the whining you did (rightfully so) about not beating the chiefs in the playoffs, you're whining about them trying to do something about it. Not sure if they will get it right but they have earned the benefit of a doubt.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

You absolute insufferable moron.

They are CHANGING.

They couldn't get past KC with the roster they had, so they are CHANGING it.

What do you want them to do?

You complain when they don't do anything.

You complain when they do do something.

You complain when they lose.

You complain when they win.

Shut the hell up.

Comment

• T&C
                                • Sep 2023

Why are you brining up the drought when I specifically quoted your post pertaining to us playing the chiefs in the playoffs which you have often whined about . We couldnt beat them with the Allen/Diigs tandem, time to try something else. If anything its a mini drought against them in the playoffs if you want to talk about a drought.

OK since you used the dought as an example, Bean/McD has been successful at replacing players from the drought . He got rid of Darby, Dareus, Hughes , Aaron Williams and replaced them wiht guys like White, Hyde, Poyer,etc.

Is he perfect? NO . He made mistakes with guys like Benjamin but wasnt afraid to get rid of them . He also got rid of a coach he himself brought in like Rick Dennison and replaced him with Daboll which was the right move. If you are going to criticize this staff, dont use the drought. They werent part of it. They as a matter of FACT ended it.

My point in all of this is that for all the whining you did (rightfully so) about not beating the chiefs in the playoffs, you're whining about them trying to do something about it. Not sure if they will get it right but they have earned the benefit of a doubt.
                                Beane/McD didn't end the drought, Andy Dalton did.

Comment

Working...
                                X