• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Originally posted by T&C View Post
    Beane/McD didn't end the drought, Andy Dalton did.
    Don't be an ass

Comment

• T&C
      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Don't be an ass
      Lol... am I wrong? We weren't going to the playoffs without that play, Beane/McD get no credit for that whatsoever.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Lol... am I wrong? We weren't going to the playoffs without that play, Beane/McD get no credit for that whatsoever.
        They would've broken the drought anyways.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I would go even further ... it clearly has become their MO to position themselves to play for the lucky bounce. McDermott doesn't command a winning attitude he commands a hope we get a lucky bounce attitude.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

They would've broken the drought anyways.
            If they didn't get a lucky bounce when Uber Allen showed up would they have?

Consider the answer. One big swing worked out. Where would we be if the Jets picked Josh Allen and we picked Sam Darnold?

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Bills needed help but they did their part. Either ways, they became a consistent playoffs team since then. So yes, this regime ended the drought.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post

Consider the answer. One big swing worked out. Where would we be if the Jets picked Josh Allen and we picked Sam Darnold?
                even if they missed that playoff, they still would've ended it the next year. What are we trying to argue about. We got lucky that year? So what?
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Don't be an ass
                  Oh go ahead

However, after a lengthy discussion, the officials declared it was not a fumble but an incomplete pass because of something obscure known as “The Tuck Rule,” even though Brady had no intention of throwing the ball when Woodson hit him.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think we're even going to see a difference. He was invisible for half the season. It wasn't because he was drawing all the coverage. Someone who cares will get his snaps now. It could be an improvement. Maybe even a big improvement.Who here predicted Bernard would be such an impactful player?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      I don't think we're even going to see a difference. He was invisible for half the season. It wasn't because he was drawing all the coverage. Someone who cares will get his snaps now. It could be an improvement. Maybe even a big improvement.Who here predicted Bernard would be such an impactful player?
                      he wanted out, Bills needed a player that fits Brady's system. They parted ways.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• cas22
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                        When is step 2?

They LOST 4 mil in cap space on this. The FA market and trades have mostly happened already.

unless part 2 is the draft or next offseason….
                        trade deadline isn't till oct 31st... and there are still numerous free agents not signed and they're will be more before the start of the season .

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          even if they missed that playoff, they still would've ended it the next year. What are we trying to argue about. We got lucky that year? So what?
                          The team is too focused on protecting their lucky bounces and not focused enough on making the bounces go their way.

They aren't prepared because they are looking to catch the bounce...

Tell Josh Allen to make a huge play and be willing to take the bounces you get....

That is our team. There isn't a lot of discipline and attention to keeping everyone on the same page. It's more like a Rogue Josh Allen's lucky bounces that quickly becomes a **** show when 1/2 the time the lucky bounce doesn't go so lucky because it's all being left to chance.

Then you wonder what's wrong with Allen when it's the system's that are making things that way.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I would go even further ... it clearly has become their MO to position themselves to play for the lucky bounce. McDermott doesn't command a winning attitude he commands a hope we get a lucky bounce attitude.
                            Channeling OP this week????

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

They targeted Josh and moved up in the first round of the draft to get him. That’s much more planning and research than luck. Luck did play a factor as does every winning pick but it wasn’t the main factor by any means.

Want to talk about luck, talk about what the Patriots would have been had they not the extremely improbable luck of drafting Brady in the 6th round and then to have Bledsoe get hurt at just the right time. Now that’s astronomical luck.

Then there’s the Chiefs. How lucky were they that some doofus team essentially traded Pattie Mahomie to them. Where would they be had that doofus team not done so?

Comment

• acehole
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                                Please.

Everyone is talking about what’s wrong with the players we lost. And, to be fair, there were drawbacks to all of them at this stage of their careers.

The part people want to ignore- or blame me for whining- is that we currently don’t have anyone equal or better to replace them. Most of the best FA’s have signed, and we have no cap space anyway, so we can’t replace guys that way. Yes, there’s the draft, but everyone else gets to add talent through the draft too.

It’s simple math. We’re not going to beat the teams that are already better than us by losing talent.
                                Ok we thought the same with Truman....I can't remember his name the red lock MLB....You get my point.

We (Some on the boards) were saying the sky will fall...And I can not remember how many mock drafts I did with Sample MLB in the second round.

This is like that.

We are forgetting K Shakir is already on this roster and preformed better.
                                We got two new guys and we are not done with the draft and possibly a trade or cut on June 1?

Justin Shorter could get a shot too?

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but it sure seems they had a plan in place before picking up the phone last week.

We only lost 2 on offense and I believe we can replace their production without to much fanfare.

Defense is another story.
                                Hated by the stupid..
                                Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                                X