• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
    Overdue, he and Allen weren't on the same page anymore.

He made absolutely no impact the last 6 games that we won by the way.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

We will move up in the 1st.

28th now I can see us going up to about 15th.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
        Diggs is dead to me. I hope he blows out both ACLs and Achilles. Cancer pos
        you have issues
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Damn. This reminds me of Grier leaving the Sabre's. Just didn't want to be where they weren't willing to win.

The Buffalo Bills are a Sean McDermott led Facade and are going no where.

This isn't a 'business' move. It's one of our best players have been in their faces about heads being up asses ... and the player is gone I'm guessing so the heads can stay firmly stuffed up asses.

Allen can be more comfortable taking summers off now.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
            .....aaaaand this is why I don't buy jerseys of current players!

Ditto.

I learned my lesson with Flutie and then Bledsoe, which my now wife got me for Christmas one year and it's an authentic one. Super $$$$

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Really disappointing that the trade won't yield cap savings this year.

My expectation was that if we were going to trade Diggs for relatively modest draft capital, you'd expect the Texans to eat his contract too.

The Bills clearly wanted him gone if they'll take only a 2nd and still eat 31mil in dead cap space. I'm curious what was happening behind the scenes.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
                thats why it better be a june 1st trade or it just doesn't make sense.
                I don't think you can designate a traded player as post-June 1st. That only applies to released players. They'd have to actually wait to execute the trade after June 1st to spread the cap hit. So they're taking their lumps this year. They're going to have a lot more cap space and flexibility next offseason.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                  Bittersweet.

Diggs is probably the most exciting off-season pickup this franchise has ever had, and he balled out for the better part of 4 seasons. You can credit Daboll, Palmer, or Josh’s own work ethic as much as you want, but his unexpected meteoric rise from Year 2 to 3 is a credit to Stefon Diggs. I love him and wish him well in Houston. He’s definitely going to a better situation and with a team that is not resting on their laurels (aggressively going after a top RB, WR, and Edge). Credit to Houston FO, who knows SB windows are fleeting and much respect to them for going all in.

With that said, he will be 31 midway through next season, an age around where several star WRs have their production drop off precipitously. For whatever reason the situation became toxic as he was featured less and less in the 2nd half of the season. The decision to extend him was awful at the time given his age, but I’m grateful we’ll get anything for him.

2024 can be flushed. Stef’s dead money hit, Von’s last year of highway robbery, and the transition from all the lost veteran stalwarts of the past 5-6 years. This is likely a 7 win team at worst and a 10 win team if they get a couple breaks.

I applaud the reboot, but it needs to include a new HC after we miss the playoffs in 2024. Terry has a reason to fire him now, where all parties can keep their dignity.

Come 2025 the excitement will be back. Anybody expecting anything in 2024 is either delusional or mentally ******ed
                  Bro we won out to win the division without much help (if any) from Diggs. I think we’ll be fine, if not better since Nosh won’t feel obligated to force the ball to any one WR.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  We will move up in the 1st.

28th now I can see us going up to about 15th.
                  I hope not. I’d rather stay right where we are and take BPA. We need to get much younger.

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

My expectation was that if we were going to trade Diggs for relatively modest draft capital, you'd expect the Texans to eat his contract too.

The Bills clearly wanted him gone if they'll take only a 2nd and still eat 31mil in dead cap space. I'm curious what was happening behind the scenes.
                    Clearing $19m in space next season with this trade. Opens up lots of opportunities after the draft this year where we have so many picks.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Yeah, after some research it looks like there is no post-June 1st trade designation allowed.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                        • Aug 2022

I THINK THAT IS RIGHT.

This was a fire sale.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          The FO bet the farm on Von Miller and it didn’t pay off. Now we waste the rest of Josh’s prime on a rebuild.

I just turned 45 and I have zero faith that I will see a Bills’ SB in my lifetime.
                          Waa-aah

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            The FO bet the farm on Von Miller and it didn’t pay off. Now we waste the rest of Josh’s prime on a rebuild.

I just turned 45 and I have zero faith that I will see a Bills’ SB in my lifetime.
                            if they draft well it’s a brief rebuild. Josh has a lot of prime years left. Settle down.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

It doesn’t work that way. The trade is the reason for the cap hit. Houston cannot “take it”. They took his contract and salaries.

Comment

• JoeMama
                                Emotion Sickness
                                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                                Clearing $19m in space next season with this trade. Opens up lots of opportunities after the draft this year where we have so many picks.
                                True, but I don't like looking ahead to 2025 when 2024 hasn't even kicked off.

This really puts us in a bind at WR this season.

We don't have a true #1. Shakir looked great in the slot late last year, but I'm assuming he'll be split wide in a new role and Samuel will take over the slot this year. I imagine our other starting WR will be rookie.

My guess is Kincaid's stock is about to shoot way, way up. Kind of like Kelce after Hill left KC.
                                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                                X