X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

I totally do not get all the Diggs hate. Disgusting really, especially wishing him injury, that's just nuts. People have short memories. Yeah he didn't end last year well. And yeah like virtually every single top receiver in the NFL Stef can be a handful at times.

But this guy turned Josh Allen from a good to great QB the day he got here and the Bills into a SB contender. Diggs is as competitive as they come. All these top receivers are divas and they all want the ball every play, that's not a news flash.
    I thank Stef Diggs for being a joy to watch. The guy ran great routes and he rarely dropped the ball. We'll see what he has left in the tank. I expect this move will motivate him. Good luck to him except when he plays us. Disapointing way to end things but I look at the big picture on what he meant to us while he was here.

As for the compensation I think it was fair considering Diggs age and contract.

Btw this trade is NOT being porocessed as a post June 1 deal. 31m dead cap hit this year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
      Any remaining doubts about drafting a WR just evaporated. The only question that remains now is if (when) Beane trades up how high will he go, what will he give up and who is he targeting?

My guess would be Odunze with a trade up.
      That would take too much ammo to do and probably not worth it. I do think a trade up is virtually inevitable though but maybe like 7 slots.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
        • Aug 2022

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        If this is true, I'm glad we traded him away!

Houston Texans RB claims Stefon Diggs ‘asked’ for trade from Buffalo Bills

⚡️Primetime!!!⚡️
        @Joe_MainMixon
        @stefondiggs
        just a few weeks ago you asked and We delivered�� Now let’s go get these ��’s��

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...Yw47zfw5sZg-D-

I have NO doubt about that

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

You know he asked for a trade because he wants to win and we aren't willing to.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
            • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
              Any remaining doubts about drafting a WR just evaporated. The only question that remains now is if (when) Beane trades up how high will he go, what will he give up and who is he targeting?

My guess would be Odunze with a trade up.
              Maybe a small trade up. But a better bet is a double dipping of WRs in the draft.

I think an offensive philosophy change is in store. Joe Brady would be all in on it. With Diggs, you know he's going to be targeted a lion's share. I think Brady's offense, from what we saw last year, is muliplicity. So maybe there is no one commends the kind of targets Diggs demand any more. From that sense, it may not be looking for a huge trade up involving next year's 1st round pick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

we got rid of Dorsey which he wanted . The guy we replaced Dorsey with didn't have use for him in his system. We got better when we started spreading the ball . So if we are moving on to system that is better served by NOT forcing the ball to Diggs , then we're are trying to win.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
                  I THINK THAT IS RIGHT.

This was a fire sale.
                  Nah. It's what the market would bear. It amounts really to a 3rd when you factor in the two picks we send back. And the 2nd will be a late 2nd. People get divorced. Players get traded.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
                    Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful
                    I am grateful the Bills werent moved to Toronto.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

We will be going from one of the oldest teams to the youngest by next year.
                      Bad cap to good cap by next year.
                      We spread the ball around in a Joe Brady offense (Low impact).
                      We get rid of a whiner.
                      We get rid of an over paid player.
                      We signed depth and vets at the position to prompt impact.
                      We may sign or trade for another.
                      We may draft 1 or 2 in a few weeks better suited for a Brady offense.
                      We will use the compensation to either fill more holes and depth either this or next year.
                      We may use compensation to to move up this year.

All wins.

Von will be next years cut.
                      Time to reload/rebuild.

Beans strategy works.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Who told you we aren’t?

I’m as critical as the next guy when I see them do stupid ish BUT facts don’t lie and the facts are that the team was a true contender for the Super Bowl the past three years. If not for the MASH unit on D (and maybe Diggs’ own dropped pass) we most likely go bowling last season.

Diggs is a whingy fella off the field. Always has been. I thank him for his good work with the team but am ok with him being gone.

A little pain now, but massive cap relief next year which will allow for big moves.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                            • Aug 2022

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            I am grateful the Bills werent moved to Toronto.
                            STOP creating fake strawmen.

The Bills were NEVER going to move to Toronto.

NEVER.

If Bon Jovi and Rogers were able to buy the Bills, they were NOT going to move them.

No one in Toronto wants the Bills to move to Toronto.

Toronto people want a new NFL franchise of their own.

They enjoy going to Buffalo for a Bills game.

Until someone steps up with $5B, there will be NO NFL team in Toronto.

$2.5B Franchise Fee + $2.5B for a Downtown waterfront stadium.

It is the only way it will work.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                              Nah. It's what the market would bear. It amounts really to a 3rd when you factor in the two picks we send back. And the 2nd will be a late 2nd. People get divorced. Players get traded.
                              We got Minnesota's 2nd from Houston in the trade. Minnesota should not be ultra competitive, given that as of now their quarterback room is Sam Darnold and Nick Mullens. So this could be a decent 2nd round pick.

Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                                Beane must have 5 or 6 WRs on his board at 28, but I'm willing to bet that 2025 2nd rounder is as good as gone on draft day this season.

Gonna save a ton of cap space and build toward the future.

Tell me Diggs looked as good last year as he did in 2022.

This is an appropriate move but I do wish it wasn't to a quick rising team like the Texans.
                                +1.

Tyreek Hill was supposed to make Miami an INSTANT SB contender. Hill is a LOT better than Diggs. Sure did not help Miami when the Bills beat the crap out of them twice last year.

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                                His contract extension was worse than signing Miller.

Disappeared every playoff game and even lost the last one.

See ya.

Great move.
                                +1,000

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                                Allen is here for two more years, tops.

Mark my words.
                                What baloney!!! Mark MY words that I will throw this silliness up into your face in two years (maybe less when the Bills get to and/or win a SB).

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                                He can spill all the beans he wants, the Bills win more game with Allen on the roster and no Diggs than they do with Diggs on the roster and no Allen.

+10,000!!!!

This much needed move tells me that the Bills know EXACTLY what they are doing. This reminds me of the great moves that Belichick made (when he was in his prime) of getting rid of aging, expensive vets, BEFORE they totally crapped out, and move on with younger players.

In my opinion, Yardie is 100% WRONG when he says that "Allen is here for two more years, tops.". In fact, I think it shows the OPPOSITE.

It unmistakably sends the message to the TEAM and the NFL that they are ALL IN with JOSH ALLEN. HE is the guy that will bring a title to Buffalo. Who he has to throw to is secondary.

Yeah....we already saw the same thing happened when KC traded Tyreek Hill. Easily the #1 WR in the NFL by quite a bit (no, Diggs is not anywhere close to Hill, hence the big difference in trade value). A LOT of observers predicted that it would hurt KC.

Yeah...riiiight. All that happened is that KC won not ONE, but TWO Super Bowls without Hill. KC's WR room was markedly below average. About the same last year. SO WHAT??? They win because of Mahoems. Allen is almost at the same level as PM.

Yes, Diggs was an essential pick up that helped IMMENSELY in Allen's development into a superstar elite QB. Now, he is more an albatross than help. ESPECIALLY in what is ALL important....the PLAYOFFS.

Diggs has been more or less, an average WR in the playoffs. He's been total CRAP in every playoff loss. Here are the facts for all of his nine playoff games with the Bills. The losses are in bold.

TGS REC Catch % Yards AVG/Y/C Long TD
                                Chiefs L
                                8 3 37.50% 21 7 15 0
                                Pittsburgh W 9 7 77.78% 52 7.4 12 0
                                Bengals L
                                10 4 40.00% 35 8.8 16 0
                                Miami W 9 7 77.78% 114 16.3 52 0
                                Chiefs L
                                6 3 50.00% 7 2.3 5 0
                                Pats W 4 3 75.00% 60 20 45 0
                                Chiefs L
                                11 6 54.55% 77 12.8 34 0
                                Ravens W 11 8 72.73% 106 13.3 20 1
                                Colts W 9 6 66.67% 128 21.3 36 1
                                AVG/Y/G
                                Totals 77 47 61.04% 600 12.77 45 2 66.67
                                LOSSES
                                35 16 45.71% 140 8.75 34 0 35

TWO TD's IN NINE PLAYOFF GAMES?!?!?!!? ZERO TD's in FOUR PLAYOFF LOSSES?!?!!??

That is a ****TY record for a supposed #1 WR on a team with a superstar elite QB who is literally one of the best pass throwers in the NFL.

With the development of Shakir and Kincaid (85% and 79% catch % respectively) and the multi-talented WR Curtis Samuel, and this years draft being rich with WR's....and Joe Brady having the benifit of a whole off season to scheme and install HIS offensive vision (some we have seen which was starting to transform the offense into a multi-pronged threat, and NOT one dimensional) as it's mostly been for several years, the Bills are on a VERY GOOD PATH.

I am even more optimistic that the Bills are making the changes they need to get over that hump.

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott deserve

Comment

Working...
                                X