Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Spot on!!!!

I've been thinking exactly the same thing since the Diggs trade.

I have been steadfast in criticism of Josh Allen for forgoing the easy (and MUCH smarter) WIDE open Diggs instead of the a pass into the end zone, which, even if he makes it, leaves KC and Mahomes in a PRIME position of close to 2 minutes to play, two time outs and an opportunity to score a go ahead TD, and leave the Bills with zero time on the clock. No one in their right mind would think that is exactly what probably would have happened.

Classic Mahomes.

After Diggs inexplicably dropping a HUGE (and PERFECT DIME) pass at the start of that drive, and Diggs dismally bad performance dropping several passes, (8 targets, only 3 catches (37.5%) for 21 yards) in hindsight it's getting more and more obvious that Josh lost all faith in Diggs....and probably had enough of his diva bull****. (and his brother)

The first two+ years of their partnership was fantastic. They needed each other and complimented each other and made each other better players. 2022 started out well too with Diggs catching the most TD's with the Bills with 11.

UNTIL the loss vs Cincy.

Diggs' stat line for that game was atrocious....10 targets, 4 catches (40%) 35 yards.

Their relationship started to sour at THIS moment...

Diggs has been terrible vs the Chiefs in the playoffs. He disappears in the most critical games and the games that the Bills must win to gert over the hump.

His stats for all three KC playoff loses...

25 targets, 12 catches (48%), 105 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.

It's obvious that Allen most absolutely "signed off" on trading Diggs. It's difficult to avoid the impression that Diggs and McD were at each other's throats.

Ownership and GM did what they had to do...choose Allen and McD over a diva WR who played like **** in the most critical games of his four years in Buffalo. His stats for all four playoff loses....

35 targets, 16 catches (45.7%) 149 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.
    Even though I think it's not a good look on Allen that the best bud/star receiver's attitude got out of control, I'm looking forward to the team being all Allen's now. No dissenters. It shouldn't have ever come to this but trading Diggs now is the right move.

One thing I don't see brought up (maybe I missed it) was Diggs' sideline reaction after the Hamlin injury. I don't understand why he was so animated, attemoting to fire up the team to play, when everyone was focused on Demar (except Diggs?). Have you read anything about that?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stefon Diggs will wear No. 1 for the Texans

Stefon Diggs has chosen a jersey number.
    He will wear No. 1 for the Texans, the team announced Thursday night.
    The receiver has worn No. 14 for his entire nine-year career during stints with the Vikings and the Bills. He presumably could have gotten No. 14 with the Texans since receiver Alex Bachman has it now.
    But putting Diggs in No. 1 creates symmetry for Houston, which has a 713 area code. Quarterback C.J. Stroud is No. 7, Diggs No. 1 and receiver Tank Dell No. 3.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer View Post
    You can tell that they weren't on the same page last year... Saw it in Dallas with Dak and Cooper at the end.
    Diggs is: Aging, needs a new contract, has (perceived) attitude issues at times, was clearly not on the same page with Josh.The team is undergoing a soft rebuild right now... This is a win for the Bills.
    Gotta love the self-proclaimed experts that keep throwing around the term "soft rebuild." Pat yourself on the back. But you sound stupid to people that can see what's going on. They had a salary purge because they were $47 million over the cap. They got rid of some oft-injured, over-paid vets that didn't get them to the big dance due to their contracts. Every other veteran not named Diggs adjusted their contract for the Bills. Then they dumped one player. Diggs, who is an overpaid, underachieving malcontent. THAT is not a rebuild Einstein. But keep telling yourself you're as smart as you think you are because you read the term "soft rebuild" while scrolling through X.

4. Post thanked by:

Novacane (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dude you go about overhauling your OLine, Dline, Dbackfield and Receiver Room that is some form of rebuilding bantering about nomenclature is kinda silly.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

7. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,482 Times in 7,097 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

I sometimes wonder if Josh forced things to Diggs to makes Diggs happy . Oh well, Josh can now spread the ball and create better chemistry with the rest of his weapons.

9. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (04-08-2024),Mad Max (04-05-2024),notacon (04-05-2024)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Gotta love the self-proclaimed experts that keep throwing around the term "soft rebuild." Pat yourself on the back. But you sound stupid to people that can see what's going on. They had a salary purge because they were $47 million over the cap. They got rid of some oft-injured, over-paid vets that didn't get them to the big dance due to their contracts. Every other veteran not named Diggs adjusted their contract for the Bills. Then they dumped one player. Diggs, who is an overpaid, underachieving malcontent. THAT is not a rebuild Einstein. But keep telling yourself you're as smart as you think you are because you read the term "soft rebuild" while scrolling through X.

the fact that you are saying a poster "sounds stupid" is hilarious

11. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I sometimes wonder if Josh forced things to Diggs to makes Diggs happy . Oh well, Josh can now spread the ball and create better chemistry with the rest of his weapons.
    I think that’s a near certainty, and it was to the detriment of the offense. Had to get his “brother” his touches or the little fella would whine incessantly and start posting ominous cryptics online.

This is a complete reset that will make the offense much more egalitarian with the ball mostly going to the open guy.

Both Shakir and Kincaid can and will step up bigly. Each can easily be targeted 20 more times, now add in significant contributions from Samuel and Knox and our draftee, get some value from Hamler (this guy if given a chance I believe can be good) and Hollins. Sprinkle in Shorter and Isabella.

High level success does hinge on the success of the draftee but this group can definitely find success.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Diggs quit. Plain and simple. If he wasn't hurt, which clearly he wasn't, or he wouldn't have gone to the probowl, then he simply quit.

There's no way a WR puts up 100 yards in 5 of the first 6 games, then goes invisible without injury or malcontent.

If you paid attention to the season, and watched Diggs closely, you'd have noticed some things.

1.) He half assed a lot of routes where he wasn't the intended target.

2.) He dropped a lot of balls that he usually doesn't drop, especially in critical situations

3.) He turtled when making a catch over the middle. Instead of fighting for extra yards, a lot of times he would just go to the ground. Not all the time, but it happened quite a bit for a franchise WR who "wants to win at all costs".

4.) He pulled himself out of many games in the 4th quarter, on 3rd downs, especially late in the season.

Now ask yourself, did Jerry Rice pull himself out of games? Moss? TO? Anyone? TO played on a broken leg because he wanted to win so bad.

Diggs is a crybaby and a quitter. Plain and simple.

Good riddance. Get someone in here that actually wants to win, not someone who only wants to win if they are the center of attention.

Anyone who can prove me wrong on any of the points I just made, go right ahead and try.
    agree with most of what you said but Diggs always tried to get extra yards. I rarely saw him stop and drop to the ground without trying to fight for extra.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

where the Bills messed up was giving Diggs a new contract after we traded for him, he will play his ass off the 1st year, in year 2 he still will give it 100 % but starts his crap, at the end of year 2 in Minny and Buffalo Diggs becomes a problem..

Houston did the right thing by wiping out the last years of his contract making him a free agent after this year, Diggs will now play for a new deal without issue, if there is any sign of bull Houston lets him walk and will get compensation via a draft pick or could franchise him.

this right there tell all Bills fans that most already new that Diggs indeed was a problem.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you hit the nail on the head, at 1st Allen probably put up with his crap, in year 3 Allen realized that it was a problem, the last 12 games last year they showed Diggs that they didn't need his production vs. the crap he dealt..

I hope Buffalo kicks Houstons Ars s this year.

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post

you gotta add White and Poyer,,, both were cut..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I think that’s a near certainty, and it was to the detriment of the offense. Had to get his “brother” his touches or the little fella would whine incessantly and start posting ominous cryptics online.

This is a complete reset that will make the offense much more egalitarian with the ball mostly going to the open guy.

Both Shakir and Kincaid can and will step up bigly. Each can easily be targeted 20 more times, now add in significant contributions from Samuel and Knox and our draftee, get some value from Hamler (this guy if given a chance I believe can be good) and Hollins. Sprinkle in Shorter and Isabella.

High level success does hinge on the success of the draftee but this group can definitely find success.
    The premise of your grand reset theory is Allen was being forced to throw the ball to Diggs.

I saw Allen forcing balls all over the field. He was coached to force those balls last year. They told him to go out there and be Josh Allen and chuck the rock downfield.

I'm just saying if you want the level of change you are looking for the nature of the change is going to be in Allen and have very little to do with Diggs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe you are correct. Everyone has had that coworker that's was always b******g,moaning and complaining about everything right, wrong or indifferent. It seems to me that that's what Diggs was in Minnesota and became in Buffalo. The Bills will miss what Diggs production was of the first couple of years, but won't miss what his production became at the end.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    The premise of your grand reset theory is Allen was being forced to throw the ball to Diggs.

I saw Allen forcing balls all over the field. He was coached to force those balls last year. They told him to go out there and be Josh Allen and chuck the rock downfield.

I'm just saying if you want the level of change you are looking for the nature of the change is going to be in Allen and have very little to do with Diggs.
    So what changed in the last half of the season and playoffs in Josh's play? His production was top rated and Diggs production was...well there wasn't any production!

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    So what changed in the last half of the season and playoffs in Josh's play? His production was top rated and Diggs production was...well there wasn't any production!
    Can't say ... but the idea that it was because Allen was forcing balls to Diggs and stopped is false. Allen was pretty consistent slinging that ball last season and it wasn't just to Diggs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    Can't say ... but the idea that it was because Allen was forcing balls to Diggs and stopped is false. Allen was pretty consistent slinging that ball last season and it wasn't just to Diggs.
    I don't think when saying forcing the ball is what your thinking, my thinking is because Diggs was pressuring him so much that Allen threw the ball his way at times when others were wide open, of coarse with a arm like Allen you can force a pass into a gap that most can't but these are 2 different meanings..

the last 12 games Allen spread the ball around more evenly thus the production and lack of Diggs production.

24. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cas22 View Post
    I don't think when saying forcing the ball is what your thinking, my thinking is because Diggs was pressuring him so much that Allen threw the ball his way at times when others were wide open, of coarse with a arm like Allen you can force a pass into a gap that most can't but these are 2 different meanings..

the last 12 games Allen spread the ball around more evenly thus the production and lack of Diggs production.
    I would agree pressure is not something that is going to help Allen think clearly. So bogging down his brain yes I can see that happening...but not the actual forced throws being a symptom because he was forcing them to everyone is where I am at. It's pretty across the board Allen will try to make a low percentage big ass play in favor of a first down at times. So are you saying that is Diggs fault? Because I think that is poor coaching putting Josh Allen in a better position to succumb to himself as opposed to teaching him to rely on the team and take smaller steps. You can have Josh Allen and still know how to take baby steps towards your goals. We don't. It hurts.

You think that is gone now because Diggs is gone?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,922 Times in 4,373 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I knew there was something off about Diggs when he complained about his lack of production was because he was double covered. When Justin Reid said the crazy part was they didn't double cover him.

Facts are he's not a #1 WR the Bills need.

Gabe Davis was more of a #1 receiver because he made big plays. Just not as many as we would like. That could have also been because of the pressure Josh had to get Diggs the ball. Gabe had 79 less targets and only 1 less TD and 440ish less yards. Thats counting 4 games he didn't even have a catch in and 1 game he didn't even play.

27. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024),notacon (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cas22 View Post
    you gotta add White and Poyer,,, both were cut..
    and Morse, Harty, Neal and Hines. But Detox thinks it's only about Diggs when the Diggs move actually added 4m more to our cap. Moving Diggs was about Diggs wanting out/us wanting him out not a cap dump.