Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,948 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I would agree pressure is not something that is going to help Allen think clearly. So bogging down his brain yes I can see that happening...but not the actual forced throws being a symptom because he was forcing them to everyone is where I am at. It's pretty across the board Allen will try to make a low percentage big ass play in favor of a first down at times. So are you saying that is Diggs fault? Because I think that is poor coaching putting Josh Allen in a better position to succumb to himself as opposed to teaching him to rely on the team and take smaller steps. You can have Josh Allen and still know how to take baby steps towards your goals. We don't. It hurts.

You think that is gone now because Diggs is gone?
    I think he was doing that much better later in the season which is why we won 6 of the last 7

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I think he was doing that much better later in the season which is why we won 6 of the last 7
    Agreed, but people don’t understand that Josh cleaned that up and that was the catalyst for the playoff run. I’m not sure if it was Allen’s or Brady’s coaching to decision to intentionally not throw to Diggs, or Diggs lack of play or maybe just maybe Diggs hit the proverbial wall mid-season.

He wasn’t hurt and wasn’t double teamed and he took himself out every other play. Did he give up or did his body give up? I kinda believe it was the wall because he wanted to win so badly, but who knows?

I’ll miss his talent but I’m glad he’s gone, the entire situation was too much of a distraction!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-06-2024),sahlensguy (04-06-2024),sukie (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,198 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    Agreed, but people don’t understand that Josh cleaned that up and that was the catalyst for the playoff run. I’m not sure if it was Allen’s or Brady’s coaching to decision to intentionally not throw to Diggs, or Diggs lack of play or maybe just maybe Diggs hit the proverbial wall mid-season.

He wasn’t hurt and wasn’t double teamed and he took himself out every other play. Did he give up or did his body give up? I kinda believe it was the wall because he wanted to win so badly, but who knows?

I’ll miss his talent but I’m glad he’s gone, the entire situation was too much of a distraction!
    He coulda stayed and possibly declined further then get traded for next to nothing. Now there is wide eyed anticipation for the WR room. Also, who else is excited for Kincaid year 2?

as far as Josh being responsible or not. Word salad . Who cares. Who is the face of the franchise… Josh. Now let Josh make an all pro out of a new set of hands…. Or sets of hands.

5. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024),sahlensguy (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will add this, from almost everything I’ve seen on all the talk shows or articles I’ve read almost all are saying this is on Diggs and the Bills just had had enough! And most all agreed that getting a second for him pretty amazing.

7. Post thanked by:

sukie (04-06-2024),TacklingDummy (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now let’s hope Minnesota sucks for that to be a sweet 2nd next year.

9. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (04-06-2024),kgun12 (04-06-2024),TacklingDummy (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Now let’s hope Minnesota sucks for that to be a sweet 2nd next year.
    They’re in a tough division and need a quarterback more than we need a number one receiver!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The 2nd round pick is nice. But for this trade to be a success it will be because of addiction by subtraction. Which it very well may be. Diggs seemed to be like a nimbostratus that is now lifted.

12. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-06-2024)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I will add this, from almost everything I’ve seen on all the talk shows or articles I’ve read almost all are saying this is on Diggs and the Bills just had had enough! And most all agreed that getting a second for him pretty amazing.
    Nick wright was dancing on our grave

I think I watch him cuz I wanna be pissed off lol
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

14. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (04-08-2024),kgun12 (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Nick wright was dancing on our grave

I think I watch him cuz I wanna be pissed off lol
    Well you’re not alone at this site, lol!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well you’re not alone at this site, lol!
    It's what makes Nick wright so popular.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    It's what makes Nick wright so popular.
    He’s skip bayless, but a funnier version even though I love to hate him cuz he’s so hard on josh and the bills

18. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-06-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    He’s skip bayless, but a funnier version even though I love to hate him cuz he’s so hard on josh and the bills
    He reminds me of a certain poster here whose stance is that the Bills aren't capable of winning it all until they do, but with little to no integrity.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,718 Times in 7,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    The 2nd round pick is nice. But for this trade to be a success it will be because of addiction by subtraction. Which it very well may be. Diggs seemed to be like a nimbostratus that is now lifted.
    The 2nd round pick is a LOT more than "nice".

As I detailed here, it was a steal by Beane as compared to LAC trading Kennan Allen for next to nothing. Aging WR's do not have much trade value.

The fairly predictable draft point value, the Bills got about 424 point value for (almost certainly more than 400 points) Diggs while LAC got only 74 for the equally talented Keenan Allen.

With the realization that Diggs value has only one way to go...DOWN.

That's why Houston chopped off the end of his contract and made him a one year rental instead of committing to anything past this year.

No matter what, this trade sure looks like a BIG WIN for the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stefon Diggs playoff stats - 2021 - 33.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2022 - 74.5 yards/game, 0 TDs. 2023 - 36.5 yards/ game, 0 TDs.

Josh Allen has 21 passing TDs, 6 Rushing TDs, 1 Receiving TD, and 4 interceptions in the playoffs. 2,723 passing yards. 563 Rushing yards. Passing stats per game second only to Mahomes. Overall stats superior to Mahomes.

Diggs hasn't caught a playoff TD since the January 2021 against the Ravens. He had 7 yards receiving in the greatest ever playoff game. Yet it is never Mr. Commitment's fault.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What’s harder to find. A franchise QB or a really good #1?

Dont care to cast blame about a WR no longer here. He was gone after this season anyway without the second round return.