Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Josh Allen cheated on his gf =. He's not focused on football.

Josh has a hot new gf and travels with her. = He doesn't work hard.

We have a couple posters here who must be major gossips. Believe and repeat anything negative.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Because there's a sanction of Bills fans that have the combined IQ of a folding table.
      folding table as in will break when leaped on?

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Wouldn't you all like to douse a couple with Josh Allen and get his full unvarnished opinion on this whole Diggs saga? Hard to trust a lot of these articles because the sources all have agendas.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Josh Allen cheated on his gf =. He's not focused on football.
          I'll bite on that one if he's gaslighting a woman and chasing skirts he's not focused on football. Duh. He's not focused on anything. He's just not focused.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            Probably why Josh went to Shakir after the 2:00 warning against the Chiefs instead of a wide open Diggs.

Beasley said Davis was one of the few dogs on the team - gone

Diggs - gone

No one left to challenge Allen's lack of commitment to the game now. All is good.
            Spot on!!!!

I've been thinking exactly the same thing since the Diggs trade.

I have been steadfast in criticism of Josh Allen for forgoing the easy (and MUCH smarter) WIDE open Diggs instead of the a pass into the end zone, which, even if he makes it, leaves KC and Mahomes in a PRIME position of close to 2 minutes to play, two time outs and an opportunity to score a go ahead TD, and leave the Bills with zero time on the clock. No one in their right mind would think that is exactly what probably would have happened.

Classic Mahomes.

After Diggs inexplicably dropping a HUGE (and PERFECT DIME) pass at the start of that drive, and Diggs dismally bad performance dropping several passes, (8 targets, only 3 catches (37.5%) for 21 yards) in hindsight it's getting more and more obvious that Josh lost all faith in Diggs....and probably had enough of his diva bull****. (and his brother)

The first two+ years of their partnership was fantastic. They needed each other and complimented each other and made each other better players. 2022 started out well too with Diggs catching the most TD's with the Bills with 11.

UNTIL the loss vs Cincy.

Diggs' stat line for that game was atrocious....10 targets, 4 catches (40%) 35 yards.

Their relationship started to sour at THIS moment...

Diggs has been terrible vs the Chiefs in the playoffs. He disappears in the most critical games and the games that the Bills must win to gert over the hump.

His stats for all three KC playoff loses...

25 targets, 12 catches (48%), 105 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.

It's obvious that Allen most absolutely "signed off" on trading Diggs. It's difficult to avoid the impression that Diggs and McD were at each other's throats.

Ownership and GM did what they had to do...choose Allen and McD over a diva WR who played like **** in the most critical games of his four years in Buffalo. His stats for all four playoff loses....

35 targets, 16 catches (45.7%) 149 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              Good read, like I said in the other thread, nationally people in the know are killing Diggs.

BTW, this talked about the incident after the Bengals playoff game, I said then that McBean needed to take him to the woodshed or it would become a huge issue. Well it sure did. So long, can't wait to start seeing his crap in Houston.

His best game will be when they come to Buffalo this year.
              I was going to post excerpts from this story....thanks for doing so.

The part that was so devastating (to Diggs) was this...

Trevon Diggs did his town crier impersonation after the Bills’ 24-22 home loss to the Denver Broncos on “Monday Night Football.” The Bills’ fourth defeat in six games floored them to 5-5, three spots out of the playoff picture.

Then, over the remaining seven regular-season games, Stefon Diggs caught only 34 passes for 315 yards and one touchdown, while Allen accounted for 1,896 yards of total offense, ran for 10 touchdowns and threw for eight more. Two sophomores, tailback James Cook and receiver Khalil Shakir, and rookie tight end Dalton Kincaid emerged as trustworthy weapons.

The Bills went 6-1, their lone loss at the Philadelphia Eagles in overtime.
              Ouch!!!

The Bills and Josh Allen proved that they do not need cry baby Diggs to excel.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

I actually enjoyed Florio's story of Warren Moon/Chris Carter confrontation (around 15 min mark). "I feel ... Some times he (Josh Allen) goes thru life as an overgrown boy". Does that strike a cord with your perception of Josh?

We criticized Mahomes when he went to yell at his O-Line last year in plain view for millions watching TV. I know Josh never embarrassed his teammates like that. But maybe this is the kind of swagger Josh needs (even though not as accomplished as Mahomes): demand others to be accountable! And when you have that mindset, you know the first thing to do is to make yourself accountable.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I'll add, though, that I watched Roethlisberger entire career in Pittsburgh. In his first half the career, Roethlisberger was like an overgrown boy. He got a super bowl early because the Steelers had a whole bunch of HoF leaders that kept him inline. But he definitely grew to the leadership role and helped Tomlin keeping some talented knuckle heads (far worse than Diggs) inline for sometime.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    Is this part even allowed under the cba? I'd like to hear someone other than a 2 time malcontent saying JA isn't committed before I take it as gospel.
                    It’s not.

Now we’re making stuff up to be mad about.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

What is Allen supposed to do? Like Simms said, if he gets up and gets in Diggs' face right back at him, Diggs blows up even worse and the situation escalates and everyone blames Josh for not handling Diggs better.

It's ridiculous. The amount of crap Diggs pulled and got away with is disgusting. Do you think Andre Reed ever talked like that to Jim Kelly? Do you think Eric Moulds ever talked that to Bledsoe?

No, they were professionals. I'm sure they had arguments and disagreements, but I can't remember a time where any of them had a temper tantrum during a playoff game on the sidelines because they didn't get the ball.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        Spot on!!!!

I've been thinking exactly the same thing since the Diggs trade.

I have been steadfast in criticism of Josh Allen for forgoing the easy (and MUCH smarter) WIDE open Diggs instead of the a pass into the end zone, which, even if he makes it, leaves KC and Mahomes in a PRIME position of close to 2 minutes to play, two time outs and an opportunity to score a go ahead TD, and leave the Bills with zero time on the clock. No one in their right mind would think that is exactly what probably would have happened.

Classic Mahomes.

After Diggs inexplicably dropping a HUGE (and PERFECT DIME) pass at the start of that drive, and Diggs dismally bad performance dropping several passes, (8 targets, only 3 catches (37.5%) for 21 yards) in hindsight it's getting more and more obvious that Josh lost all faith in Diggs....and probably had enough of his diva bull****. (and his brother)

The first two+ years of their partnership was fantastic. They needed each other and complimented each other and made each other better players. 2022 started out well too with Diggs catching the most TD's with the Bills with 11.

UNTIL the loss vs Cincy.

Diggs' stat line for that game was atrocious....10 targets, 4 catches (40%) 35 yards.

Their relationship started to sour at THIS moment...

Diggs has been terrible vs the Chiefs in the playoffs. He disappears in the most critical games and the games that the Bills must win to gert over the hump.

His stats for all three KC playoff loses...

25 targets, 12 catches (48%), 105 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.

It's obvious that Allen most absolutely "signed off" on trading Diggs. It's difficult to avoid the impression that Diggs and McD were at each other's throats.

Ownership and GM did what they had to do...choose Allen and McD over a diva WR who played like **** in the most critical games of his four years in Buffalo. His stats for all four playoff loses....

35 targets, 16 catches (45.7%) 149 yards, 35 YRD/G, ZERO TD's.
                        Even though I think it's not a good look on Allen that the best bud/star receiver's attitude got out of control, I'm looking forward to the team being all Allen's now. No dissenters. It shouldn't have ever come to this but trading Diggs now is the right move.

One thing I don't see brought up (maybe I missed it) was Diggs' sideline reaction after the Hamlin injury. I don't understand why he was so animated, attemoting to fire up the team to play, when everyone was focused on Demar (except Diggs?). Have you read anything about that?

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Stefon Diggs will wear No. 1 for the Texans

Stefon Diggs has chosen a jersey number.
                          He will wear No. 1 for the Texans, the team announced Thursday night.
                          The receiver has worn No. 14 for his entire nine-year career during stints with the Vikings and the Bills. He presumably could have gotten No. 14 with the Texans since receiver Alex Bachman has it now.
                          But putting Diggs in No. 1 creates symmetry for Houston, which has a 713 area code. Quarterback C.J. Stroud is No. 7, Diggs No. 1 and receiver Tank Dell No. 3.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                            • Sep 2023

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                            You can tell that they weren't on the same page last year... Saw it in Dallas with Dak and Cooper at the end.
                            Diggs is: Aging, needs a new contract, has (perceived) attitude issues at times, was clearly not on the same page with Josh.The team is undergoing a soft rebuild right now... This is a win for the Bills.
                            Gotta love the self-proclaimed experts that keep throwing around the term "soft rebuild." Pat yourself on the back. But you sound stupid to people that can see what's going on. They had a salary purge because they were $47 million over the cap. They got rid of some oft-injured, over-paid vets that didn't get them to the big dance due to their contracts. Every other veteran not named Diggs adjusted their contract for the Bills. Then they dumped one player. Diggs, who is an overpaid, underachieving malcontent. THAT is not a rebuild Einstein. But keep telling yourself you're as smart as you think you are because you read the term "soft rebuild" while scrolling through X.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Dude you go about overhauling your OLine, Dline, Dbackfield and Receiver Room that is some form of rebuilding bantering about nomenclature is kinda silly.

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Why did Texans reduce Stefon Diggs's contract from four years to one? - NBC Sports

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                                X