Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

Long video but around 100 mark when Erik got into some insight of the Bengals playoff game with the particular play in video.

In summary, during the week, they practiced against a certain look and Josh was not hitting it. When Diggs confronted Josh, Josh simply said "just get open." --- Erik didn't like the attitude (Josh), like you need to work on every single detail. Then in the game, they got that same look - on 4th down, but a little twist where the DB took outside leverage so Diggs had to take a different release. The play went to Davis and didn't work. Diggs was heard saying to Josh afterward like "What's the execuse now?"

They also mentioned in 2023 offseason, Josh didn't throw to his receivers like prior years - he may still throw with Palmer, but guys like Mahomes throw to his receivers in the offseason.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh may be part of the cause that Diggs is off the Bills roster - Cover 1

You can tell that they weren't on the same page last year... Saw it in Dallas with Dak and Cooper at the end.

Diggs is: Aging, needs a new contract, has (perceived) attitude issues at times, was clearly not on the same page with Josh.

The team is undergoing a soft rebuild right now... This is a win for the Bills.

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,432 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Cowherd said Josh signed off on it. Said he was tiring of Diggs' constant drama.

5. Post thanked by:

Historian (04-03-2024),kgun12 (04-03-2024),Skooby (04-03-2024),Thurmal (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Cowherd said Josh signed off on it. Said he was tiring of Diggs' constant drama.
    That is a given. Don't believe they would do that without Josh's approval. I think that Chiefs' game where Diggs didn't come down with Josh's bomb is something a big alert to the caoches, Josh and many players.

What I feel interesting here is that does Josh need to be pushed more, especially behind the scenes. We now know Tom Brady, in public, was not that active as a leader. But behind the scenes, he's an*l in demanding perfection from his fellow offensive players. Do we have that in Josh or is it just call of duties play or come to my house any time type of deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,850 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Probably why Josh went to Shakir after the 2:00 warning against the Chiefs instead of a wide open Diggs.

Beasley said Davis was one of the few dogs on the team - gone

Diggs - gone

No one left to challenge Allen's lack of commitment to the game now. All is good.

8. Post thanked by:

notacon (04-04-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    We chose the correct path.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

10. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    Probably why Josh went to Shakir after the 2:00 warning against the Chiefs instead of a wide open Diggs.

Beasley said Davis was one of the few dogs on the team - gone

Diggs - gone

No one left to challenge Allen's lack of commitment to the game now. All is good.
    Are you insinuating that Allen is an issue? That last sentence is throwing me off.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer View Post
    Are you insinuating that Allen is an issue? That last sentence is throwing me off.
    Josh Allen is part of the problem, yes.

There are deficiencies in his leadership ability and it manifested itself in part to Diggs' demise and departure. There's a good chance prime Diggs will be the best receiver he'll ever throw to. Not throwing to Diggs at the end of the KC game may have cost us the win, And there's a good chance the wrong pass to Shakir was because of a beef between the two.

They'll probably find an easier to control and less demanding stud going forward. If they're lucky.

13. Post thanked by:

YardRat (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,587 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh is part of the problem.

I'll say it again, I don't think I've ever seen an enigma like this in 50+ of watching any sport, let alone football. Josh is definitely the best player on the team, arguably in the entire league, and the Bills would not be where they are without him, but at the same time his deficiencies in the mental game, commitment and focus are holding the team back.

If his ass isn't in the building throwing to these possible draft picks when they come for a visit somebody needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with him.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

15. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post

I'll say it again, I don't think I've ever seen an enigma like this in 50+ of watching any sport, let alone football. Josh is definitely the best player on the team, arguably in the entire league, and the Bills would not be where they are without him, but at the same time his deficiencies in the mental game, commitment and focus are holding the team back.

If his ass isn't in the building throwing to these possible draft picks when they come for a visit somebody needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with him.
    Honest take, Yardie.

And it just sucks that the only one in the organization willing to get in Allen's grill has just been traded.

Josh has always been on an island here and his life boat is now gone. No one is going to challenge him anymore to fix the mental part of his game anymore but himself. I'm not optimistic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LMAO, any issue he had on the gridiron was due to the fact that he was divorced to feed a petulant diva the ball constantly to avoid drama. Watch his turnover numbers plummet now that he isn't worried about forcing a dozen targets to Diggs every week to keep him from going into full cancer mode.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

18. Post thanked by:

imbondz (04-05-2024),kgun12 (04-03-2024),Woodman (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,432 Times in 7,296 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If his ass isn't in the building throwing to these possible draft picks when they come for a visit somebody needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with him

Is this part even allowed under the cba? I'd like to hear someone other than a 2 time malcontent saying JA isn't committed before I take it as gospel.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,619 Times in 6,169 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    LMAO, any issue he had on the gridiron was due to the fact that he was divorced to feed a petulant diva the ball constantly to avoid drama. Watch his turnover numbers plummet now that he isn't worried about forcing a dozen targets to Diggs every week to keep him from going into full cancer mode.
    Bingo!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've said that when Diggs finally moved on, it would truly be Josh's team. It happened sooner than I thought but that time is now.

22. Post thanked by:

Woodman (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    I think you're missing a dynamic that says Diggs wasn't happy with the commitment Josh had for the game. If that commitment would have met or surpassed Diggs' commitment I don't think that diva behavior would have been a problem.
    Stefon wanted more, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I've said that when Diggs finally moved on, it would truly be Josh's team. It happened sooner than I thought but that time is now.
    A bunch of yes men now.

24. Post thanked by:

imbondz (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,098 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think you're missing a dynamic that says Diggs wasn't happy with the commitment Josh had for the game. If that commitment would have met or surpassed Diggs' commitment I don't think that diva behavior would have been a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

A bunch of yes men now.
    I won't trash Diggs. He was a big part of the Bills' success. Sometimes it's best to part ways before the end comes crashing down.

26. Post thanked by:

sahlensguy (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

- - - Updated - - -

A bunch of yes men now.
    Allen is a better QB than Diggs is a WR. The latter was in no place to levy any criticism.

28. Post thanked by:

imbondz (04-05-2024),Woodman (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

[QUOTE=sahlensguy;5096562]I think you're missing a dynamic that says Diggs wasn't happy with the commitment Josh had for the game. If that commitment would have met or surpassed Diggs' commitment I don't think that diva behavior would have been a problem.

I'm I missing something? How do we know what Josh does or doesn't do as far as film study or commitment to football other than the opinion of a few on here? Has anything been documented or reported by real sourses. I'm not arguing or trying to call anyone out but I just haven't seen or read any evidence to any of these claims by anyone in the know. I haven't even heard any quotes from Diggs about Josh's commitment. Yes he complanined about not getting the ball and yes his interception are maddening but I can remember reading anything from Diggs or anyone else about his commitment., again except from some poster insinuations.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

30. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (04-04-2024),Woodman (04-05-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Diggs was the problem hands down. he did the same in Minny.. here is a small sample..

Diggs in the last 12 game was targeted 71 times for 42 catch's 388 yards with a drop rate of 12.5 %'''

Shakir last 12 games targeted 33 times for 28 catch's 482 yards with a drop rate of 3.4 %

Kincaid last 12 games was targeted 56 times for 44 catchs with 406 yards with a 6.4 % drop rate

Davis last 12 targeted 33 times for 17 catch's 248 yards and a 10.5 % drop rate...

clearly Diggs was and will be the issue in houston also...

32. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-03-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bottom line is buffalo can win without diggs thats already been proven,, they cannot win without Allen..

34. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (04-03-2024)